Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kimbur96
Glad you enjoyed the videos
i know very little about the video and have handed the keyboard over to my BF:

While PC's have caught up quite a bit, IMHO Mac's are much better for video editing. Don't feel you need to spend thousands on a new mac, or final cut, many great mac's can be found pre-owned on ebay or other used sites for great deals. A used $500 macbook pro and a $15 copy of iMovie will work for 98% of most hobbyist editing needs. People have successfully used Twixtor with iMovie, although I personally haven't. I have a 2008 Macbook pro which is probably worth $350 on eBay, which I still use for small iMovie projects.

Keep in mind the slow-motion video you linked to was not made with Twixtor or a similar slow motion software, rather it was shot with a (borrowed)$40,000 Photron SA3 camera at 2500 frames per second.
The one video with the gopro is probably where I'll be starting. I know it can shoot in 120fps and a lot of people use twixtor to get it to 2000fps. I'm going to have to get a new laptop for work and they are saying that our stuff probably won't run on a Mac... and I really don't want to have to buy 2, one for work and another just to make videos. Maybe I'll get lucky and by the time with have to get our own, everything will be Mac compatible for work.
I think my desktop is just too damn old (Dell XPS) to try anything creative.
Thanks a lot for the info. Thanks for putting together some cool videos. There is a talent into doing it and you kinda have to plan ahead when filming to know what the final result we be. Telling a story through the lens of a camera is what I want to get into. I'll probably be hitting you up to pick your brain when I get a little closer to getting what I need.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:48 PM
FitDay Member

Too. much. chocolate. You hear that? There is such a thing as too much chocolate. Stupid Valentine's Day. But I took my vitamins, and I'm checking in, so it wasn't ALL bad.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:20 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy

STUPID VALENTINE'S DAY! I know everyone else is all "Oh, Happy V-Day" but not me. My honey is out of country, so BOO HIISSSS!!! There, I think I feel better now.

Checking in for the night. I had to run to WalMart to get some stuff, and spent way too much money (again). It's what happens when I shop while pissed. And no, I still haven't calmed down. The poor child called again while I was shopping. Sobbin' and snotin'! She kept asking why they would let her try out if they knew they weren't going to pick her. Of course, I had no answer for her. So I told her the only thing I could think of. Cause they sucked. Plain and simple, they suck. I wanted to use harsher language, but she thinks I'm perfect, and I don't want to ruin my rep She also asked how she's supposed to go to school in the morning and face all of her friends. Poor kid wears her heart on her sleeve......

I did well today food wise. Had a decent breakfast and lunch and then a light dinner. I did mindlessly eat a snack when she called the first time, but it was already weighed out so I didn't have to guesstimate.

Health/Fitness
1--Walk M W Th--can't Friday cause we're leaving-didn't walk because I had a better offer, N
2--drink some more water, woman cannot live by diet mountain dew alone-on bottle 2!!, failed miserably
3--get at least 3 good work outs in before leaving-N, N
4--weight loss? I'll try!!-starting weight Monday morning 208.4 UGHH, STILL 208.4

Life
1--make sure all clothes are washed and ready to pack by Wednesday-did 2 loads last night. Probably do 1 more on Wednesday, N
DONE!2--run by Wally World and pick up new eye glass case-tomorrow after work?
3--spend some quality time with Jassie. Bless her little kitty heart, her momma is leavin her for a week-she played with me for ohhhh 2 mintues, then said "uh uh, Gramma gives me TREATS!!!", Yes but she kicked me in the face and cut my cheek and nose
4--pack no later than Thursday night
5--DO NOT GO TO JAIL-so far so good!, not so sure I won't come tomorrow morning

Gonna go cry myself to sleep now. I miss CN.....
Old 02-14-2012, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

I'm not usually this emotional, it's just been a really rough couple of weeks. And I've always hated V-Day, whether I was in a relationship or not. But this year it's almost like because I knew that I couldn't go out tonight with CN, I really really wanted to. And I was really hoping that I'd have heard from him by now. I don't know. Just too much going on all at once I guess.

I've had a good cry, now I'm gonna go blow my nose and hitch up my big girl britches. No more feeling sorry for myself.

Cassie-I'll run your suggestions by her, but I doubt she will do either. Unlike her aunt, she hates confrontation.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I've had a good cry, now I'm gonna go blow my nose and hitch up my big girl britches. No more feeling sorry for myself.
that's the spirit!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Too. much. chocolate. You hear that? There is such a thing as too much chocolate. Stupid Valentine's Day. But I took my vitamins, and I'm checking in, so it wasn't ALL bad.
What uh? I can't hear you through the sugar buzzing in my head. I'll see your "Too. Much. Chocolate", and raise you by 4 pizza + ice cream parties and half a box of gigantic chocolate muffins. Ugh.

Welcome back from sugar-fest everybody.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-14-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Well I did NOT make my calorie goal yesterday, but I suspect I'm not alone there... I went to 4 separate Valentine parties, 3 at school and then I co-hosted one for the Girl Scouts. OMG!!! The local Pizza Hut has really embraced Valentines and gave away 1,000 pizzas yesterday to NPO's for parties, so every last Valentine party I went to had PIZZA and since that was free they also had ICE CREAM, my clothes from yesterday reek of it now, so I'll be doing laundry pronto this morning (and shampooing extra diligently). I limited myself to one slice of pizza and 1/2 cup of ice cream with a couple of Tbls of whipped cream on top. OMG it was really brutal. I did fine through the Kindergarten party, they were playing games. At the 3rd grade party I tried to hold out by slowly eating finger Jell-O, but that almost made it worse. At the 5th grade party I was literally drooling so I got into the veggie tray with both hands, which helped to take the edge off, but didn't do much for my lady-like image. Ugh. At the GS party after school I finally just caved and ate a small slice of pizza, and had a single scoop of vanilla.

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 2,032, 1,869
2. 128 oz water daily (Mike you really should have challenged me to something harder, I'm already at 50 for the day and I haven't even worked out yet). 128, 100, I bought a new tumbler, and thought it was 24 oz, but it's only 16, oops.
3. 7 hours exercise. 0 min, 0 min
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -66, -215 (total -281)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 18%, 18% this is what happens without a plan.
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 165, 164.4, 164.6

Other stuff:

1. Cut all the pieces for the other 3 rabbit cages. N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. YY, NY
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N,N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N
6. Finish 3 pieces for Betsy costume. N,N
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. I found a new Starbucks coffee cup to give DH for Valentine's today, and it's darn near perfection. I kept my calories to less than 2,000 on Valentine's Day.

Tori, I'm sorry to hear about your DN, that's a really sucky thing to have happen. I went to a small school, so we never had try-outs for anything, if you could anti up the money to play, you were on the team (save cheerleading). That being said we did have the occasional opportunity to get scholarships if you were really good and couldn't afford the $125 price tag. One of my friends is a serious athlete, who's family situation was something of a nightmare, especially in the finance department. Generally speaking she could get a scholarship to play if she needed one. Basketball was/is her sport of choice, and she's awesome, it's like watching a female version of Larry Bird. I believe if the WNBA had come along sooner she would have played, no lie. But anyway one season basketball came along and she couldn't make the early conditioning practices because she was playing volleyball every night after school, since she'd always played first string (and been the C) on the basketball team she didn't worry about it. So she goes to the first official practice and ends up on second string, doesn't get the scholarship and isn't voted C. Her game wasn't off, it was punishment pure and simple for not demonstrating her commitment to the team. So maybe that's part of what's happening to DN. Just a thought. Although admittedly it seems she's going to learn that one the hardest way possible. Sports people can be like that about commitment, I know the swim coaches HATE for the kids to play other sports that interfere with swimming (which is pretty much all of them right?). They even hate it when kids go to church on Wednesday nights and come in late. The coaches favorite swim cheer includes the words "We don't sing! We don't dance! We just swim, we just swim FAST!". I'm sorry she's hurting, maybe if she writes a letter, she could let them know she's still working on her game and would like to be considered for an alternate if they need one. IDK, it's a tough call that one.

I gotta git going the oldest one is about to be late for safety patrol.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:21 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry for all who got burned by Valentines Day. New day, new day, start over. For example, you will see my the first two days of this week, I did not do so well. But today I stretched (and man did I need it!!!) and if all goes well, I will go to the gym. Let's treat ourselves well, peeples!!

My goals this week:
1) stop eating so frigging much: N, N
2) drink some frigging water for goodness sake:N, a little more but N
3) stay on this thread: got on, still here
4) be a stretchy mama: N, N
Old 02-15-2012, 01:45 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies. I'm off to a late start, just getting my head off the pillow. Really haven't been "feeling it" lately so I'm still not on the wagon. :9 I'll discuss it more later, if I get a chance to breathe.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I think that given all the temptations, you got through yesterday like a champ. The calorie goal is just a number; be proud of it not being much, much worse. With all those minefields around, you get a combat medal for staying under 2K.
I don't know about that "champ" business, you didn't see me plow through that veggie tray like tablespoon in a pudding cup. Thank heavens the kids turned their noses up to it, you're right it could have been much worse. So I'll take that combat medal and wear it with pride. I'd like mine on a hot pink string with flashing letters that say, "Do Not Feed Me". I woke up this morning starving, just like the old carb-aholic days. I immediately ate 4 more Valentine confections, but I think the storm is past and I can limit myself for rest of the day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.