Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/13/12

Old 02-17-2012, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Health & Fitness:

1. Calories 1,400/day. 2,032, 1,869, 1,750. 2,119
2. 128 oz water daily. 128, 100, 128, 128
3. 7 hours exercise. 0 min, 0 min, 120 min, 0 min (total: 2:00)
4. Calorie deficit 5,000. -66, -215, -470, -304 (total -1,055)
5. Protein 25% or higher. 18%, 18%, 19%, 11%
6. Log & report everyday. Y,Y,Y,Y
7. Last Monday 164. Post weight: 165, 164.4, 164.6, 164.6, 164.8

Other stuff:

1. Cut all the pieces for the other 3 rabbit cages. N,N,N,N
2. Finish my little part of the taxes. N,N,N,N
3. Housework 45 min daily +1 load of laundry. YY, NY,YY,YY
4. Call guy about elliptical parts. N,N,N,N
5. Distribute 4-H calendar. N,N,N,N
6. Finish 3 pieces for Betsy costume. N,N,N,N
7. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. I found a new Starbucks coffee cup to give DH for Valentine's today, and it's darn near perfection. I kept my calories to less than 2,000 on Valentine's Day. Went for a really nice LONG walk with my workout partner, and we discussed setting up a calendar for working out through the end of the school year. I got most of the house cleaned, there are still pockets of resistance, but I give the overall cleanliness factor a B+.

I have struggled all week with calories and working out, part of it is that box of chocolates, and part of it is my non-existent level of commitment, but yesterday it was my 4-H cooking class. The topic was "bake a cake from scratch" and there were 10 kids here after school baking marble cake, (aka 2 shades of diet sin). It was delicious, the house still smells of it, but at the very least there are only 4 pieces left and I will have 5 kids here today to eat it. Otherwise yesterday was a success. I was down to 1 child for most of the day, and she was sort of sick and cranky and ended up taking a 3 hour nap, meanwhile I worked some white tornado magic and brought the house up from "episode of Hoarders" to roughly a "B+". By 8:30 last night I was EXHAUSTED.

You would think that being a SAHM my house would always be spotless, unfortunately the exact opposite is true, I think it's because there are ALWAYS people here living in it. Yesterday at 3:30pm the house was pretty stinking clean, 60 seconds after I let 10 kids through the door, I needed a mop, an excavator with a 1/2 yard bucket and a commercial grade shop vac. Ugh. One kid in particular left a heavy trail, he has some shade of autism and paces back and forth unless he's engaged in something. Anyway he's a great kid, normally I just take his pacing as a sign he's ready for something more, but yesterday his shoes were muddy and he covered the entire kitchen floor with foot prints within 10 seconds of arriving. He took his shoes off as soon as I asked him, but at that point there was already collateral damage. Unfortunately when he was ready to leave his mom and I were chatting, for apparently too long because he did it again! But at that point it just mixed in with the powdered sugar, flour and rainbow sprinkles spilled by all the other kids. If it had just been the mud he would not have been a standout in my mind for the mess awards because all the kids contributed, but he also had two bloody nose incidents. I spent about 30 minutes cleaning it up last night, but our downstairs bathroom may never be the same. Wow, normally I enjoy that kid, he has the driest sense of humor and reminds me a lot of my little brother, but yesterday I was rather glad to see him go home.

I gotta get going, the kids have the day off school, so we're going to work on the Betsy Ross stuff and clean out dressers.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-17-2012 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 12:32 AM
FitDay Member

Kay sorry to hear about the FB affair business. That's pretty ugly and ridiculous. Clearly she's has self esteem issues. What is she worried about anyway? It's FB all you're doing is um, typing, where lots of other people can read it. Although I have to say that the first rule of spousal cheating is that if you suspect your spouse of having an affair, you're probably right. So clearly she has something to be worried about and you are her first suspect. What does your ex say about all of that? I'm glad your DH is cool about it, but what a PITA all the same.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

I realized I set these goals on Monday and haven't really given them too much thought since!! I figure the week is quickly drawing to a close and I need to make sure I haven't completely blown it!!

My goals this week:
1. Keep under 1600 calories each day(the lower the better)1206,2316 Damn Valentine's Day,1676,1352
2. 80 oz of water min. each day Yes, every day so far!!
3. Get in at a min. 30 mins of exercise each day. Ugh, no. M30, T0, W60, Th0
4. Research foods that are filling yet lower in carbs/fat. Yes and I picked up several at the store yesterday.
5. Have weight loss of 1-2lbs.???

Other goals:
1. Get new cook hired at work. Yes, she starts Saturday
2. Make reading guide worksheets for son's literature unit(I home school him) On the plan for today.
3. Buy new tennis shoes!!! My old ones are worn out!! No, maybe will buy on Sunday??
Old 02-17-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, the day is gonna draaaaggg by. On the plus, I've got all my food logged for the day, except supper. And if I keep that reasonable I should have a decent day. Zumba kicked my rear last night! I am hurtin' this morning! But it's the good, So Glad I Did It hurt. I stepped off the scale this morning at 204.4 lbs. Will check back with you guys later.

Lizzie-I'm headed down to Mike's neck of the woods for Mardi Gras.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Check-In

Notes: Yesterday I was 37 Calories over. Not too bad, but still not meeting my goal. Today I saw 209 on the scales -- My next immediate reward that I have in mind! I want to stay at 209 lb and below. Grant it that 209.8 is close to 210, but I love to see that new number.

Pedometer not working just right -- So I'm redoing Training goals a bit differently.

Today is a New Day with New Possibilities -- In fact, each minute is a new minute with new possibilities!

Sun = "Cushion" Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

THURS MISSION -> Track Servings * Partially Accomplished
{-5- Veg/Grain/Meat/Oils} {Fruit 1.5 & Dairy 3}{Extra-within 1600 Cal. goal}
FRI MISSION -> Same as Thurs -- 'Cause I need Focus.

FIT (Focus ~ Intake ~Train)
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 chapt) =
*Hlth Group (wkly Bk Study) = DONE
*Thankfulness Journal (Daily Entry) = Yes x1 :::: No x3

INTAKE (3) Nutrition
*1600 Calorie = AT/BELOW x2 ::: ABOVE x2
*H2O (40 oz) = Yes x3 ::::: No x1
*Supplements = Yes x3 ::::: No x1

TRAIN (3) Movement
*Aerobic (150") = 110"
*Focused Miles (15 Miles) = 12 mi
*Muscular (Each Area x2) = UEs x2 * LEs x1 * Torso x1

DAY (3) Life
DAZZLE: *Deep Clean: Zone 3 (1' 15") = 1 hr
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (20") =
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (x5) =
Old 02-17-2012, 05:07 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Plan to do more of proper replies . .. .

but just wanted to let you know Mike that I feel for you! Especially that it was your daughter's car.

And almeeker - is it Amy as well? ~ The listing of items seems to be such a hold back on getting things out of your house. Can the kids help with that too? How badly do you want things itemized in order to make a difference with taxes?

I'll do more responses later. ...

Those of you that are "off the wagon" ->Come on you guys . .. run & jump back up on the wagon . .. . I don't want to be left alone 'cause I'm struggling to stay on it.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-17-2012 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals ...
1. 100 oz of water M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: No - I just forgot one 16oz cup,
2. Walk at lunch unless freezing & windy (this week may be bad for walking) M: Windy & 27*, T: a little over a mile - still cold out but did 3 laps and went to the store, W: 1 mile then had to stop for a phone session with son & therapist, Th: Freezing rain, F: working through lunch
3. Carbs less than 50% (new at this one so not setting it too low) M: 56%, T: 52%, W: 51%, Th: 57%,
4. Work out 3 times by Friday (I know I won't on the weekend since hubby's home both days) M: No, T: No, W: 1hr, Th: No, F: 1hr 10min, FAILED - only did twice
5. Weigh and post daily [B]M: 262.4lbs, T: 260.4lbs, W: 260.2lbs, Th: 260.6lbs, F: 261.2lbs, [B]Loss this week: 1.2 lbs
6. 500 calorie deficit daily M: -1021, T: -1206, W: -783, Th: -1018, Deficit this week: -4028 calories

Life Goals ...
1. One day at a time M: Oh Lord, I need help with this one right now...I'm doing it but it ain't easy, T: Not getting much better, W: Ughhhhhh!, Th: I'll make this one green ,
2. Cross-stitch at least 3 times (can be done on lunch at work to count) M: 45 mins on lunch, T: None, W: None, Th: Nope,
3. Finish weekend laundry M: No, T: Nope, W: one in the dryer and one in the washerTh: Nope,
4. Make sure son's clothes are ready for Valentine's Dance Thursday night.... Awwwww! M: No, T: No, W: DONE!

I decided yesterday that I was all about my older son having a wonderful time going to a dance with his sweetheart and that I wouldn't let the rest of life get me down unless I had to. It worked out pretty well. Son had a great time at the dance. They looked so cute! He took her a corsage of a single lavender rose bud surrounded by wax flower and white lace with little purple hearts threaded in it. I didn't think to ask him to take a picture of it. Maybe he did anyway. I'll ask him tonight. I didn't think $12.99 for it was bad at all though.

Younger son called after I got to take time to drop off the older son at the dance and get a pic of him and his hunny. I refused to let the call go down the wrong road this time. When he tried a time or two I put on the sugary sweet mom voice and led him back to a nicer topic. It was the first 'pleasant' phone call I had this week. And his dad even brought up going to visit tomorrow instead of waiting until Tuesday. Mostly I think because he may get out on Wednesday so we wont' go on Tuesday if that plan goes through. I am still very scared because I dont' think they have improved his anger issues at all but I think through lots of therapy at home & school we can work on that.

I am getting frustrated with my scale. I am doing what I should. I have a nice deficit every day. I'm not eating a bunch of fats. Too many carbs but I always do. I just started tracking them this week but I know this is my normal plan that I've been on so they aren't affecting me differently this week. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't been 'going' as often as I used to and right now it has been 2-3 days so I think maybe I might for real be 'full of it!" LOL TMI I know but I think that might really be the problem.

I just got extremely busy at work so saving this and will be back later to respond to each of you.
Old 02-17-2012, 05:53 AM
Super Moderator

Girls, girls, girls, If my pimp hat wasn't round like a sombrero I'd turn it backwards b/c I've got my game face on! 5 policies for the week. Since last Thursday I've written 9 policies... in just over a week!

I may actually work a short day to "recharge my batteries".
Old 02-17-2012, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Luv!
Old 02-17-2012, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Girls, girls, girls, If my pimp hat wasn't round like a sombrero I'd turn it backwards b/c I've got my game face on! 5 policies for the week. Since last Thursday I've written 9 policies... in just over a week!

I may actually work a short day to "recharge my batteries".
You are totally kicking some ass!!!

Kay ... That is a lot of stress to deal with at one time. I agree with the others though that your friend's wife has security issues with her man. That doesn't need to be your problem as long as your husband is okay.

Tori ... I am very jealous of your vacation time but not of the fact you are going to Mardi Gras. LOL! I've been told I don't do well with drunk people.

Lizzie ... Your kitty story made me LOL!

Amy ... I always wanted a house full of kids like that. But now that I hear the messes described I guess I'm glad that it never worked out that way. I do hope for a couple grandkids someday to make messes with. I think I am much more patient now than I was when my boys were so little.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.