Notices

Today is the first day......

Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 AM
FitDay Member

Default Today is the first day......

I just cant stand being over weight any more, it is driving me crazy! I hate what I see what I look like in the mirror and try to avoid mirrors at all costs! My self esteem is non existent and I'm not going to take it any more. I want to feel sexy and beautiful for me and not anyone else. My boyfriend thinks that just because I want to lose weight that I am doing it to look for someone else. Grrrr....MEN!!! Well, today is the day that I am starting my journey. No more excuses and no more, "I'll start tomorrow or Monday". Today is the first day of the rest of my life!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

Yeah!!!!! Good for you! Stay focused and try to recall this enthusiam every day...because it fades, then you get tempted, especially after you drop a few lbs. Keep it up and it will happen!

Sharon
Old 03-18-2010, 09:54 AM
FitDay Member

Ditto--good for you! To help you remember why you are doing this, you might want to have someone who loves you unconditionally take a picture of you in a sports bra and shorts or bathing suit (front and back). This is NOT to make you feel bad. Every 4 weeks, take another picture. The picture will show changes which is important if the scale starts discouraging you (sometimes it does). Plus when you reach your goal, you will be so proud of what you have accomplished for you! Also, taking measurements every couple of weeks is a good motivator as well. Good luck! We'll be cheering you on!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

me too! the first day of a new me. Its really about a lifestyle change and not so much just a diet.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats for taking the first step. Way to go that's huge. I know that the day I realized I was tired of it I felt like I discovered a new me. Try to stay positive and try not to get discouraged even if you have a bad day.

__________________________________________________ _____________
Small steps to a new me

Starting weight: 215lbs
Current weight: 206lbs
Goal weight: 150lbs
Old 04-08-2010, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Just4Kicks4Life!

Hi,
I am new too. But you know what, my self esteem is not in the toilet. I just look in the mirror and feel sorry for a very vibrant person who is trapped in this very obese body. Sometimes you dont realize somebody is trapped inside until you take a photo of yourself, like I did when on vacation in FL a couple of years ago. I have finally got serious about weight loss and am doing my best, but one of my fitness goals was to always LOVE MYSELF, NO MATTER WHAT.

I am not a bad person, but rather a good person in a precarious position. So I wouldnt mind being your buddy if you can be mine. I need encouragement too. When I get sore because my personal trainer has whipped my butt, I need to know it is worth it and to go on no matter how much it hurts!

Here's to being buddies!

Moi
Old 04-08-2010, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default Just4Kicks4Life!

OH I forgot, my stats, I have them on paper from my trainer less than 1 week old, so you guys know I am a REAL CONTENDER!

HEIGHT: 5'3"
WEIGHT: 325 LBS
FEMALE: (OF COURSE!)
GOAL: Not only to be fit and happy (secretly beautiful!) but to one day suprise my husband and get on top and make love to him! I want him to know I like to be in charge too, and enjoy it!

Hhahahaha, ROFL, silly me!

Love you all!
Moi
Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Default You can do this.....

I started the same day you did. Just figured it was time to get healthy. Who knew that junk food wasn't really a food group!? I think if I spent as much time on my diet/exercising as I do on Facebook, I should be "ripped" in no time! LOL I start P90 tomorrow.

"Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it." ~Lou Holtz
Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hi,

I just joined too. I have 120 lbs to lose and am looking for a buddy. I started doing a food journal (ugh!) and it looks like sugar is my downfall - especially since I am heading toward diabetes. One of my goals is to reduce the amount of sugar and simple carbs - as they metabolize as fat. What constitutes a low sugar food? I don't want to use sugar substitutes as they have known health issues and I don't need any more allergies. I would prefer to lower my craving for sugar and eat a more healthy diet (whatever that is).
Old 04-11-2010, 08:50 AM
FitDay Member

Good luck. I'm not new, but my problem is I keep redoing my goal! It's frustrating. Like I'll do good for a few weeks and then I gain it back and I'm back where I was and I redo my goal and start over. Which, by the way, I'm about to do again! Grrr My problem...1) emotional eating, 2) I love food...and of course don't necessarily love the food that's good for me.

So..I took a before picture, but I've not done good enough to bother with a 4 week after pic. But hopefully this time I will and I will take a picture in a month. We'll see.

At least it's warmer now and hopefully I'll be more active. Should help. I need to lose about 60 pounds in the end. But I'm going 20 pounds at a time with my goals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.