Notices

Prediabetic?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Default Prediabetic?

I haven't been online much, I've been feeling pretty ill the past few days. I had a partial collapse at work Tuesday, didn't lose consciousness but did end up on the floor and took an ambulance ride to the ER. They told me my blood sugar was nearly 180 and my potassium was low. Wednesday and Thursday, most of what I ate exited one end or the other rather violently, and I had a lot of upper abdominal pain. Today I'm feeling much better, but now that I am, I'm getting myself all worked up about this. I go to the doctor Monday, so I guess I'll know then. The irony is, up until this, I've felt the healthiest I have in years Sometimes I think the universe hates me....

Just needed to vent, thanks for listening.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Good gravy, Lizzie; hope all is okay!! You have had a rough time of it lately, haven't you? Maybe it's just all catching up. Take a deep breath, let the fam take care of you this weekend, and don't jump to any conclusions till you see the MD. Be good to yourself and take it easy...blank your mind and do some things you enjoy . Keep us posted.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Lizzy, be good to yourself

Wow, you have really been hit hard recently . I agree with CJ do something fun, just for you, this weekend (even if it is staying in bed reading all day). I suspect that you put a lot of pressure on yourself to be strong - and you are strong! That sure is the image I have via your posts. I hope you can take some time to just check-out, be a little selfish, and give your mind some time to relax.

Hopefully the doc will tell you that you just need a little rest. Let us know, we're all hoping for the best.

Prayers and blessings,
Pam