Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-09-2012, 11:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
8. Write down the most wonderful thing that happened. DH came home, he's been out of town since Monday.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Old 02-09-2012, 12:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Some have suggested I have my thyroid function checked, have any of you had an issue with this, and is there a way to improve thyroid function without taking hormones?
I hate to even say this, but just based on your pedometer numbers it seems like you could be in need of more movement. A slow day for me is easily 7,500, and double that on a cardio workout day. Granted I have short legs and plain old fashioned have to take more steps than others, but I think if you work yourself up slowly to an average of 10K steps/day the scale will start moving in the right direction for you, thyroid issues or otherwise.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
April hows your day going?
Not great ... I just hung up from our nightly phone call. He insisted on arguing over why he has to be there. I tried unsuccessfully at least 4 times to talk about anything else but he wasn't having it. We ended the call with me telling him that I love him and him saying that if I did, I would tell the dr to let him come home.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Not great ... I just hung up from our nightly phone call. He insisted on arguing over why he has to be there. I tried unsuccessfully at least 4 times to talk about anything else but he wasn't having it. We ended the call with me telling him that I love him and him saying that if I did, I would tell the dr to let him come home.
Aww sweetie, I'm so sorry!! Big hugs to you!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:55 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Amy, I know that is a lot of my problem, I'll keep working on it!
Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by almeeker
Yes it is, yes it is, yes it is....
Lalalalalalala I can't hear you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, I will get squeezed in tomorrow AM, but in my case it is more like a pinch. Hope it's not freezing in there.

April, I hope you have a better conversation tomorrow. My guess is that he's pulling out all of his tricks hoping to get you to cave. You're doing a great job staying strong and not taking it too personally.

Darlene, good plan on the stir fry. An ounce of prevention is, well, worth a pound, period!

Lizzie, that would be great if he could come off the insulin. As you've no doubt seen here, diet changes can go a long way toward changing the numbers.

Mike, pimpin' policy-writing!

Julie, bit by bit, you'll figure it out. It's always a learning process .

Tori, how was the pot pie? That's one of my fave winter meals. I have a recipe that's very light, with the exception of the crust.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Darlene, thanks for asking. I'm actually going to check the numbers tomorrow. I'll report back then.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, how was the pot pie? That's one of my fave winter meals. I have a recipe that's very light, with the exception of the crust.
ohmygoodness it was HEAVENLY!!! Luckily my recipe was pretty light too. It's going to work with me tomorrow too. I'm pretty stoked about it!

Checking in before I forget.....
Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less--992, 1152, 1063, 970
2--work out 3 times--day off, N, N (again), ugh I suck at this
3--walk at least 3 times--day off, 2.5, it had been on the agenda but got cancelled due to ER trips, it was cold
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0, Tuesday still at 209--at least it's not a gain, Wednesday 209.4???????????, Thursday 208.4 HELLZ YEAH!!!

The pot pie was sooooo good!! It was just what the doctor ordered on a cold CN'less night! Speaking of CN.....guess who got an email today???? It was actually sent to me by his brother. He had written it up prior to leaving and sent it to his brother with instructions to send it to me after he had been gone a few days. So technically I still haven't heard from him, but it made me smile. Still smilin' actually. Ear to ear. Good Lord, I'm a goner........

Last edited by ToriD1012; 02-09-2012 at 02:45 PM. Reason: fixin' my numbas....
Old 02-09-2012, 03:19 PM
FitDay Member

April, I sympathize with what you are going through. I really do. I haven't dealt with what you are dealing with, but I've worked in the mental health field. I've worked on an adolescent treatment unit. It is such a tough thing all around to cope with . . . for kids and the family. I also know from dealing with my own son's issues that it is terrible as a mother to feel the urge to protect and yet that complete lack knowing how best to do that in this situation. (((((hugs))))))

I am feeling a bit better as we get to the later half of the week. I've even been chipping away at my reading assignment for the statistics class. Midway through Chapter 2, I'm feeling okay with it. We'll see how I feel at the end of Chapter 3.

Checking in, I did a practice session with kettlebells tonight. I need to get a lighter bell for windmills. I was okay on the right side, but my left side was a different story. Swings are getting easier though, so I might move up to a heavier bell there. Should have done dead lifts, but didn't.

My meals were okay today - Thank you leftovers, but I ate too much chocolate. Apparently chocolate is a coping skill.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
He had written it up prior to leaving and sent it to his brother with instructions to send it to me after he had been gone a few days. So technically I still haven't heard from him, but it made me smile. Still smilin' actually. Ear to ear. Good Lord, I'm a goner........
D'aw ! What a thoughtful thing to do!

Kay, glad you dipped that toe into statistics. Maybe it will end up being much easier than you thought.

Mike, fingers crossed your numbers add up so you can hit your bonus totals!

Slippage on mah goals:

1. Keep calories at 1300. 1259, 1299 lol, 1286, 1392
2. Follow my pie chart / fiber guidelines. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes
4. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes, All except fish oil, Yes, No
5. Sleep 7 hours, at least. Not last night, Yes, Nope, Nope
6. Exercise 6 times. One, Two
7. Check into FD 3 times daily and log everything. Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes

8. Get info and order new faucets for MBR. Emailed company with pics to see what replacements will fit.
9. Change doc appts. Done
10. Card for pediatrician.

Chocolate was not employed as a coping skill; however, that stupid organic cinnamon cereal is a siren song. And it was BOGO and coupon fodder a few weeks ago so I still have 7 boxes in the pantry!

Hugs, everybody; see you tomorrow!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-09-2012 at 03:49 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.