Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-08-2012, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Default My update... not about me!

I heard from ole Quinny-poo. She sent me a message and has had some personal things with her family going on. She told me that I could post up some of her PM. I guess she's leaving it up to me to pick and choose what parts. I picked out the less personal stuff b/c I'm sure that's how she'd want it.

"To make a long story short, I've been living out of hotels for nearly a week and just got home last night. I had my laptop with me and was able to keep up (read) what was going on with everyone, although I couldn't bring myself to post anything. I usually got to my hotel room late at night, checked in with my kids and crashed. It was a comfort though to laugh with you guys, even in that situation."

"ANYWAY, just wanted to let someone know that I'm not just laying on a couch, covered in Cheeto crumbs!"

"Miss you guys and I will be back as soon as I can!

quinn"

She has had some people piss her off. I told her that we are all here for her and to give the ones that pissed her off the bird for me. If I were there with her I'd piss on their shoes, since I'm pretty good at that.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 02-08-2012 at 03:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv

I feel like a floundering fish this week, and may need to adjust goals OR just keep goals as they are & work at them. Maybe I need to think of myself as practicing for the big game, keep the goals as they are, and then continue to shoot for the moon.
wow that's how I feel this week.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:18 AM
Super Moderator

BTW I didn't send Quinn a harassing message, I guess she figured she'd message me first.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Quinn --I've been thinking about you. It's good to hear from you. Just hope life will soon come together better for you. Whenever you are ready to come back, we are still here for you.

yeah, Mike -- Me thinks it's a good thing those "bad" people of Quinn's don't know you, or they would be in major trouble. . . .
You have a good, protective heart.

Terri ~ I tried out the stability ball today with a Leslie Sansone "Can Do!" DVD. Think it will work except I kept sliding around. My "helpful" 7 yo dd told me, "Mommy, I think you're too fat for the ball." She has been my self-appointed little coach throughout this process! Anyway, some of the exercises with the ball felt rather good.

ETA: I decided to shoot for the moon. I'm keeping my goals, but will not play the catch-up game. Instead, I will work on daily routine & keep practicing healthy habits.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-08-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all,
Been lurking for the week. As I posted in the exercise thread:
Hello all you fitness fanatics.

My wanky sleep patterns finally caught up with me on Monday and carried over to Tuesday. I really felt like I was sleepwalking all day Monday (actually for the last week). It wasn't affecting my physical activity as much as my mental accuity. I just had no real ability to think beyond the task in front of me, which included responding to posts. Yesterday I went to the 6 AM CrossFit, came home and decided to take the morning to get myself together. I laid down with a book at about 10, promptly fell asleep and didn't wake up until 2:30 . Since I had no problem going to sleep at my usual time, I'm guessing I needed the rest.

Today I am feeling much better, not quite my mentally energetic self, but a lot closer than I have in over a week.

Yoga tonight .

I didn't get around to posting goals, but have managed to stick to most of the usuals.

My heart goes out to all of you who are dealing with difficult events. And has reminded me to be grateful for all the blessings I have recieved recently and over the years.

I hope everyone can find some peace in their lives today. I sounds like we all could use it.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone! Not the BEST review for yesterday for me, but definitely a "lesson learned" sort of day.

Yesterday I was stressing about something or other, which led me to me indulging in some refined sugar dessert -- ok, more than some! There was a container of one of my favorite sugary desserts that I had all but forgotten about, until that particular stressful moment (isn't it always the way!). This in turn led me to believe I could have a "normal" (read: take out) lunch. Agh.

So, unfortunately, there are a few red marks on my chart for yesterday. However, the good thing to come out of all of this: usually on a "cheat" day I won't track my progress -- instead I'll think "Well, I probably didn't eat that poorly!". Well, a simple look at my calorie count shows that I definitely DID eat poorly -- at the very least, WAY more food than I need. That's good to know, and really puts things in perspective for me!

Here are my numbers (don't laugh!):

1. Under 2000 calories - 1844, 1968, 2538! D:, ?, ?, ?, ?
2. At least 72oz of plain water only (NO crystal light!) - Y, Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?
3. NO refined sugar except for 1 Luna Bar a day - Y, Y, N, ?, ?, ?, ?
4. NO fried food -Y, Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?
5. NO dairy other than nonfat plain yogurt - Y, Y, N, ?, ?, ?, ?
6. Go to the gym at least once a day (400-500 calories), preferably twice a day (800-1000 calories) 900, 400, 1000, ?, ?, ?, ?
7. Do at least one full set of stretches after the gym - Y, Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?
8. Take supplements (B12, Calcuim/D/K) - Y, Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?

I am trying to get rid of refined sugar for good (that's always what I binge on!) and it's been a bitter struggle, I'll keep at it though!

Also, I realize that my calorie requirements for the day may be TOO high -- still trying to figure out what is ideal. I am scared to really "count" calories again (I used to do so years ago when I was anorexic, which led to a lot of denial/reward, stuff-and-starve behaviors regarding food), so I am trying to determine where my body feels satisfied and happy. I may try to stay under 1850 for the rest of the week, and then perhaps even 1750 next week, until I hit a point where I feel like it fits.

Thanks and sorry for my long post today!! Also, thank you to everyone for posting your stories and your progress, it is SO inspiring for me to keep reading all of this stuff, thanks for helping me stay on track! You rock! <3

Hugs,
Mea
Old 02-08-2012, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Limit one diet soda daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. No salt added to plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch unless raining or working through it M: 35 min - 1-3/4miles, T: 40min - 2miles,
5. Exercise 3 times during Weds-Sun W: 1hr 10min,
6. 500 calorie daily deficit (3500 for the week) M: -1156, T: -1591, Week's Deficit -2747

Life Goals...
1. Take things one day at a time M: so far so good, T: had a good day,

Yesterday turned out to be a nice day. We got to drive down to the hospital for visiting instead of only getting a phone call. We are only supposed to see him for an hour but the nurses kept peeking in on us and left us there 1-1/2 hrs. He was in a much better mood. He laughed, smiled & joked with us. The anger is still there. I am not going to fool myself into thinking things are resolved. He knows and admits he still needs to stay there and needs help. He misses home though so that is a good thing. I explained to him that we can't have him at home until this is under control because what am I to do when he goes off like he does? I dont' have shots of thorazine at my disposal. He did say that if he feels a rage coming on he can excuse himself to his room and ask for a lower dose thorazine pill instead of waiting until it is a full on fit and needing restrained and shots. I wasn't aware of that but I think it is a good thing. He also doesn't want to be on meds because he doesn't like how they feel so I don't think he will abuse the ability to request that medicine.

I just wanted to announce that I will try to refrain from complaints about my breast size from here on out. I heard (then googled) a news story about a girl who is only 17 and has size 34K (yes K) breasts and has to wait 4 more years to have a reduction because they are still growing!! She has a disease that caused them to grow rapidly at puberty. I don't know if I am allowed to give the link to that news story or not but I'm sure you can google it up.

Tori ... I agree. You should splurge on something special for yourself and new bras might be just the thing! I bought 4 or 5 at Christmas and they make me so happy! LOL

Cassie ... Congrats on your son making the team! That is huge! Just hope it doesn't make too 'huge' of a dent in your checkbook!

Lizzie ... Your weekend sounds awesome! I hope you have a great time!

Quinn ... I'm sorry for whatever troubles you are dealing with. It seems to be going around. I hope that whoever made you mad realizes the error in their way.

Terri ... BF did dishes? Oh my! If you don't want him, send him up here!!!

Darlene ... Did you get to walk to church last night? I wish I lived in a town that I could walk to things. I do like living rural though too.

I got my lunch walk in yesterday. Stayed up when hubby went to work this morning at 5am and did 1hr 10min workout. Added in a few new exercises that I saw online to work the belly more. I think they work as I am starting to feel sore. That's a good thing because exercise rarely makes me sore.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by meachan
Hi everyone! Not the BEST review for yesterday for me, but definitely a "lesson learned" sort of day.

Yesterday I was stressing about something or other, which led me to me indulging in some refined sugar dessert -- ok, more than some! There was a container of one of my favorite sugary desserts that I had all but forgotten about, until that particular stressful moment (isn't it always the way!). This in turn led me to believe I could have a "normal" (read: take out) lunch. Agh.

So, unfortunately, there are a few red marks on my chart for yesterday. However, the good thing to come out of all of this: usually on a "cheat" day I won't track my progress -- instead I'll think "Well, I probably didn't eat that poorly!". Well, a simple look at my calorie count shows that I definitely DID eat poorly -- at the very least, WAY more food than I need. That's good to know, and really puts things in perspective for me!

You did the best thing that you could with your 'off' day. You logged it and looked at it. Took it for what it was and have moved on from it. You aren't sulking over what happened. It was what it was and now you are back at it today. It isn't all or nothing. Continue on and just realize what caused yesterday to happen so you can try to avoid it from happening again.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Sooo, hey guys! Sorry to have been so absent recently - to be honest, I've had a crappy couple of weeks... As you know, I've been trying to adjust my insulin levels recently, and it's been tough. On top of that, I think some of my insulin went bad and wasn't working, so I was getting really frustrated about a lot of really high blood sugars that had no apparent reason. It really screwed with my head, and on top of that, I just felt physically bad as well. Anyway, food has been bad, exercising has been bad, I hate my classes, I want to drop out of grad school, and I'm pretty certain that the world is also coming to an end... haha, yeah, well, not really, but it's just one of those weeks where it all seems to be going to hell in a handbasket.

But it seems like this stuff is going around... big hugs to Tori and April!

Anyway, I'm working on wanting to do better, and I'm going to try to keep coming around here, 'cause I know that helps.
Old 02-08-2012, 06:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
You did the best thing that you could with your 'off' day. You logged it and looked at it. Took it for what it was and have moved on from it. You aren't sulking over what happened. It was what it was and now you are back at it today. It isn't all or nothing. Continue on and just realize what caused yesterday to happen so you can try to avoid it from happening again.
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement April! I think sometimes I am guilty of the "all or nothing" approach, and then once I have a less than perfect day I often say "Oh well!" and just go back to eating whatever I want, which is just plain silly of me! Thanks for helping remind me of the big picture -- I'll try to make yesterday the only day I have with red markings for the entire week

Also, so great to hear that you got to visit with your son!! Please keep us posted, sending warm thoughts your way! <3

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.