Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-07-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
April We are giving her the same big buffalo bones with marrow inside that lucky gets and oh my its hilarious her whole head pretty much fits in the bone I will see if I have a pic. I have to admit the cute little organic peanut butter cookies we give her are the size of my fingernail and they make me go awww every time I take one out of the box. She can sit on command and is working on stay she is doing great on her house breaking and she thinks playing in the backyard is fantastic. Lucky is such a house dog she goes out does her business and comes back but Kaya has her outside playing 3 or 4 times a day it’s pretty amazing how a puppy can control an 80lb 12 year old dog to do things she normally wouldn’t do. I am super impressed by lucky though she’s really patient and truly likes her which was the main point of getting a puppy so soon after losing our beloved mocha but I think her presence is helping us all recover.
This is the same reason that we got Chloe. We lost our boy Bones in November 2010. Macie seemed okay but a little less interactive. She is a bit of a loner but will play and snuggle when enticed to. We were offered Chloe in January and I jumped at the chance. It has been full on wrestling and playing ever since between those two. Macie will be 9 in April. Boxers usually don't live past about 12. Chloe is bigger than Macie too. But to watch them play and roll around is a thing of pure joy for me. I let them get away with making a lot more noise than I ever let the kids make when they were little, LOL!

Here's a pic of my boy Bones. He was my heart. But Chloe is helping to fill up the space he left behind. And he was a big boy.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:10 AM
FitDay Member

He is so handsome I love the look of boxers they are very strong and regal looking dogs.

dec 14th 2011 063.jpg
Lucky's favorite place is on dd couch the dogs are not allowed on the furniture unless its her couch and it took no time for her to figure out how to be a first class couch potato.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

As always a bit behind the curve on posting so apologies if I'm out of synch

Mern. Yes I saw that recipe and I may give it a go although I had wanted to be Ble to let my sister try them and she is a coeliac so no wheat. I could only find one brand of flaxseed meal here, guess we're not quite as geared up for healthy choices as you are.
I'm glad you treated yourself to that knob- you ate SO worth it.

Tori. My thoughts are with you having been through it and may have to do it again in Jan 2013. Never easy.

April. OMG what a terrible situation for you and your family, my thoughts and best wishes are with you and your son. We are so lost when our children are in pain and we feel that there is little we can do to help. I hope he gets the professional help that he needs and together with all the loving family support that i know you are giving him, he comes back from that dark place that he has retreated to.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default M

Hi there everyone, hope everyone's day is going well. My day has been super busy at work, and I still have about 3 hours to go. Did get my treadmill in this morning, and my food is all logged for the day, even what I haven't eaten yet. Here are Monday's stats,

1200-1400 cals M-1279
80 oz water M-64 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days 3479
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times. No
Post here every day Yes

ToriI am sorry you are so sad, time doesn't really heal all wounds, but it does ease the pain a bit. Will you be able to keep in touch via email or facebook? That would help. I'm thinking of you

Mike I hope today has been better for you. Last Tuesday I came home to my house filled with the smell of chocolate chip cookies. My husband had made them to send our kids who are away at school. I was not happy, they smelled sooo good, but he followed me upstairs informing me they were for the kids so I walked away, but it was not easy.

Cassie I love fried chicken, my husband had it at the restaurant we went to over the weekend, and sat right by while I ate my salmon. Then of course offers me some, I told him to take it home and have it later, and don't offer me any more leftovers! Congrats on your son making the tennis team! My son has played soccer since he was 8 and now plays in college, so I know what you're going thru, it can be a wonderful time, but stressful too!

DarleneI love hearing about Kaya, she sounds like a little doll! My dog Buddy is 14 years old, and that is very old for the large breed that he is. We don't get to have puppies too many times in our lives, but there is nothing quite like them, they bring such joy don't they?

mh Good luck with all your college stuff, my son's girlfriend joined a sorority and she is unbelievably busy with that stuff, not to mention her regular class work. She loves it though! This is the best time of your life!

Mern I totally understand how excited you are about your new knob for your stove, I love to get things like that, it just puts a smile on your face doesn't it?

Terri Your BF is very definitely a keeper! Good for him to encourage you in such a sweet way, its easy to get a little annoyed when people try to help, especially if you're starving and tired, you just want to relax and feel better. It sounds like he knew just what to say!

AprilAnother big hug for you, I'm thinking of you and ready to listen when ever you need. I hope your visit goes well, take care of yourself.

Have a great evening everyone!

Julie
Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Chatting . . .

Zyxst ~ How are you? I hope you soon get your computer problems resolved. Keep at your fitness goals!

quinn ~ I love to watch you with your health goals. One of my many inspirations on this board.

Ashlie ~ Hello! Glad to meet you. Looks like you're on a great path again. It sounds like you have a busy, but fun household.

Mea ~ Welcome!

Cassie ~ Thanks --- I need motivational sayings/reminders to keep my mindset where it's best for winning. It's so easy for me to be negative or give in. How did your healthy eating go today?

Lizzie ~ Hang in there!

Mern ~ Oh my word!!! What a wonderful compliment to be up there with all these athletic people! The thing is, I'm paying for it now. But it does feel good to have more activity in my life. On the eating front: Do you remember the saying, "Your eyes are bigger than your stomach?" I think that's where I still am. I measure and all that, but I'm teaching myself that I eat a certain amt. Then if I'm still hungry & calorie count allows it, I can eat more. Sheeeesh! I feel like a kid sometimes. Self-control is quite a challenge.

April ~ Hugs. I hope you have lots of support around you. I'm so sorry for the pain that you go through. I'm thankful that you have a great place on this board to express yourself.

Darlene ~ Hope you meet your goals amongst all your business.

mhibdon ~ Thinking of you today! Walks can do wonders -- a wonderful stress releaser. Great going on that front.

Pam ~ I've been searching my current library of exercise DVDs. Found some with Abd/Core exercises. I think I have one that will work with the exercise ball. Thanks for all your encouragement. It means a lot.

almeeker ~ Hope the bugs are all gone for you - they have kept you quite busy. And then all those Kindergarten fees -- just something else to track.

Mike ~ No advice here. Try to hang in there with all your "busy -ness".

Terri ~Thanks for the compliment. Yup! I have to keep changing goals as my body changes & as I learn more about fitness. It's awesome to watch how people formulate goals & what it takes to meet them. Your BF is definitely someone who is supportive of you & your goals. What a keeper! (At least from what I can see on this side of my computer.)

I'm finding my way thru strength training, especially with an emphasis to work on back muscles & abd muscles. It's a bit tricky with a currently weak back & yet the need to strengthen them. I'll be back later with goal updates.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:33 AM
FitDay Member

Julie ~ It looks like you & I are in agreement with the opinion that Terri's BF is "definitely a keeper". The old adage still stands that "great minds think alike." BTW - Do you have a pattern for when you do your treadmill & Floor/Weight exercises? You did treadmill in the morning today - is that your usual pattern? I'm trying to figure out what best works for me.

Tori ~ I never mean to leave you out of my posts. I'm still gaining skill on how to include everyone. Truly I do this out of a desire to respond, and not out of obligation. So a gift to you because I know you have your rough times. . .

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-07-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"] Do you have a pattern for when you do your treadmill & Floor/Weight exercises? You did treadmill in the morning today - is that your usual pattern? I'm trying to figure out what best works for me.

Luv,

I really prefer doing the treadmill in the morning, especially in tax season when I work so much. The one thing I did about a year ago is get a book rack for my treadmill, it has made all the difference. Sometimes, I'm at a really good part of the book and I don't want to stop, can you believe it?? It makes the time go really fast too. It really does make feel good all day, plus just knowing its done for the day is really great. I try to do the treadmill every other day, and weights/floor stuff on the other days in the evenings. That way I have every other morning that I can sleep in a little extra. Hope you find a routine that works for you, if you dread it, its really hard to stick with it.

Julie
Old 02-07-2012, 10:42 AM
FitDay Member

My attempt to play catch up....

Cassie--gah, you had to mention fried chicken, now I want some! at least you know your triggers and what you have to do to control them. i have yet to figure out all of mine, it's a work in progress. Congrats to the boy making the tennis team! and big hugs to you as you learn to let go. One day, when Jas wants to start spreading her wings, I don't know WHAT i'll do......

Amy--eww buggies are never good! my cousin's kids picked them up from THEIR cousins, and somehow I was the one who had to delouse the house (and their heads)......I ruined a wonderful sweatshirt that day......I agree on crying it out. and i allowed myself exactly one day to do so. my tears aren't going to make it hurt any less and there's nothing I can do about it anyway. so i've got to push through.

Terri---awww BF sounds like a WINNER!! i need me one of those that doesn't have a chosen career that puts his life in danger........sucks about the computer. consider my fingers crossed for the job too! my legs are crossed too, but that's just cause I gotta go potty LOL at your death glare. I've been told i give the Go to H*LL look quite often

mh---you apparently know how to handle those college years a lot better than I did. i didn't have nearly the fun, oh wait I DID have the fun. it's why I didnt actually get the degree......

ashlie--hi! thanks for the warm wishes. I'm a nail biter too...horribly so

Kay!--hope stats go well for you, and that you have no more bloody walks. UGGHH that's gotta suck!

April--hugs to you too! peace with my situation will come, its just a timing thing. and dangit it does suck when youre trying to pretend you don't care but you do. if it were any other guy that Id just started dating it would be no big for me, but it's CN. Ive known him going on 10 years, a we've been friends through a LOT of crap (both his crap and mine). and i guess THAT'S why im taking it so hard. he's not just "some guy" im seeing. he's CN. he's potential......

Darlene--i know that it's okay to miss someone. and i will, for a while. but i can't let it consume me. it's what Old Tori would have done. and it's NOT going to be what New and Continually Improving Tori is going to do.

mea--woohoo look at all that green in your goals. keep up the great work!

julie--I wish that I had the energy in the mornings to get my workouts in, but daggum it, I like my sleep! he doesn't have a facebook account, but we will be able to KIT via email and the occasional phone call. is what it is....ive done it before, i'll do it again.

lizzie--I"m with ya on needing new bras. the ones I bought back before this whole process of becoming a new me are too big now. time to GO SHOPPING

Mike--hope you actually get to eat today. that way there are no 330 cookie raids. how you coming on your policies??

Mern--how's it going with the energy saving? I'm SUCH a creature of convience that I don't know how I'd survive!!! glad you got your replacement knob. i had a similar issue with a dryer a while back. my uncle said "well I've got an old dryer if you want to grab the knob off of it and see if it fits" . it fit, but none of the markings lined up, so I got a marker and made my own. (I think that by admitting to this I've sealed my fate as a redneck. cause I'm not sure people other than 'necks do stuff like this). the dryer still works great I might add, but newbies using it have a TOUGH time figuring out my "system"

luv--you don't have to worry about 'leaving me out" I struggle horribly with trying to keep up with everyone. i realize that it's not intentional

My capitalization sucked, but it's because I"m in a hurry. I want to be able to get my walk in before my shows come on. Not sure if it's going to happen though. TIVO to the rescue....again
Old 02-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Yowza, only my second check in and it's after nine. Home at 6:30, starving (never good, never good), so threw down two homemade granola bars but recouped and ate a sensible dinner, fish, and then ran out again to a tennis parent meeting ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$). I am officially overwhelmed now. Time to chug some water, clean up, and hopefully get to some weights tonight, but it's looking a little hairy! Hope all are doing well today; will try to catch up soon.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Tori, no policies, no miles and my diet isn't any better today. How about you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.