Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-06-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
LOL, actually I think she was saying "feed me or I'll eat your pj's". I fed her, not that my pj's are anything special, but they're mine and ugly enough that nobody steals them.

Alright Pam, what are your goals for the week? We let you off easy last week, are you buckling down this week or what?
I will probably fall back to the old staples, water, protein, calories etc. Right now I can hardly think straight. For some reason (most likely wacky hormones - post menapausal stuff is still going on) my sleep has been all messed up for a week or more. Really wierd and intense dreams for an hour and a half, then I wake up, stare at the ceiling for a while that fall back to sleep and repeat. I am pretty sure it isn't stress - there isn't anything major going on, just the usual odds and ends at work.

I am trying to decide what to do today. I have to go in, at least for a while, to run a chemical hygiene training session, but other than that nothing pressing. On the other hand I can't really figure out what else I want or need to do.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

I'm starting off this week at 150.5 which is down 2.5 lbs from last Monday. I managed make my goal of walking 20 miles (finished the week at 21), but I did not get in two kettlebell work outs, and time seems to be the issue. Unfortunately, time is about to become an even bigger issue since I just started a new class today and the syllabus has me very nervous. This will be my last class, and of course, I put off the class I dread the most until last. So, here is to hoping I have it in me to survive 8 weeks of statistics without any stress-induced binge eating. Anyway, I'm going to dial back on mileage to make sure I get in the kettlebell workouts which are short but intense, and therefore easier to work into my schedule.

My goals:

My goals:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30.

-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner. (Which reminds me . . . I have no idea what I'm making for dinner tonight.)

-Get weight below 150.

-Walk 3 times this week.

-Strength train with kettlebells at least 2x

- Avoid panicking or procrastinating both of which will only make whatever is on my plate more difficult to deal with.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

I'm in. I weighed in at 180.2. I'll list goals later, I'm at the office fighting the Internet.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow FitDay Challenge Set-UP - Monday

Completed 10 mi wkend Warrior Challenge -- but was a bit much for me.
Back is better, but I still need to be careful.
I'll comment later -- & will catch up from end of last wk's thread.
--------------------------------------
FIT Day Challenge *~* Shoot 4 the Moon
* FitDay Check-in:

Sun = "Cushion" Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

“You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” -Wayne Gretzky

<**> MONDAY MISSION: Stick to Food Servings Plan
(Veg/Grains/Meat/Oils -think 5: Fruit 1.5: Dairy - 3 & Extra - 2 or 200 cal)

FIT
FOCUS (3) Faith * Fun * Support
*Audio Bible (10 chapt) ~
**FitDay (Report progress) ~
**Hlth Group Bk Study (Complete Chapt) ~

INTAKE (3) Nutrition daily {In process of re-adjusting Intake}
*1600 Calorie Goal (1800 Cal. Ceiling) ~
**H2O (40 oz) ~
**Vit/Fish Oil ~

TRAIN (3) wkly Tally
**Aerobic (150") ~
**Pedometer (15 mi) ~
*Strength/Tone (Upper x2 & Lower x2 & Core x2) ~

DAY (3) wkly Tally
DAZZLE: *FlyLady Zone (60") ~
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (20") ~
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (20") ~

Now that I'm more mindful of Veggies, I'm incorporating my plan of eating to reach Caloric Goal. I'm working on Caloric Intake in which I have a specific plan at hand. I'm hoping to watch the Carb-Fat-Protein pie chart become more & more in line!

Also, I'm upping/changing Activity. I'm raising the bar & will each wk work to see how far I can go to meet goals. Most likely these goals will remain the same as I learn to consistently meet the goals. Will readjust as needed.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-06-2012 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Monday Mission & deleted 1 goal.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 AM
FitDay Member

Amy I also had a good exercise but not so good food weekend I am ready for a great week also. I will be out hiking this morning and already did my walk around the block with Kaya, she cannot hike yet she needs her second shot before she can go into dog populated areas and there are a lot of dogs at the lake. I think your pics will be very motivating especially after you start to see some success.

Pam I had fruit do you think that will keep the bunny happy, lol. I hope your sleep straightens out soon have you ever tried Black cohosh? My naturopath just recommended it to me for my insomnia she says it’s probably a symptom of perimenopause I doubt it though I have had insomnia for years but if it helps I will take it but first I would like to know if it’s worked for anyone else. I hope you find something relaxing to do for the day.

Cassie I like the write it on the wall thinking but when I get too busy my note is “I am worth getting it together” and so are you. You and Amy reminded me when I was going through my health scare and not making good food or down time decisions for myself that no matter what is going on I deserve to be taken care of, it was great advice so I will return it to you.

Terri Sorry to hear about your computer. Nice job on your exercise!

Mh I never got the chance to be involved in all that fun college stuff as I was a single mom when I was your age and in school so you go and enjoy every minute for us both. I used to be so envious of the other girls who were involved in the whole college experience where as I only got the education part not that I am complaining I was blessed to have the opportunity at all but even just one frat party would have been fun.

Ashlie Hi!

Kay Great job on losing 2.5lbs.

Mike I hope you win the battle.

Fit4luv Congrats on getting 10miles in!!

I have the same goals maybe I can actually achieve them all this week. The sun is shining so my hike should be really nice, I had a plate of fruit and a protein shake for breakfast so far looking like a healthy start to the week. I hope you all have a great Monday morning.

Goals:
Walk 25k:
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:

Last edited by dar n; 02-06-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone, my name is Mea I'm new here! A bit about me: I've slowly gained about 6 pounds since October or so -- my schedule has been pretty hectic leading to a bunch of impulse junk eating, and the winter weather has discouraged my from moving as much as I'd like -- but I'm ready to get back on track! This forum has really inspired me to get myself in gear, I love the energy here and how focused and encouraging everyone is!

Normally my weight fluctuates between 135-140, but my current weight as of this morning is 144.2, which means something is out of balance. Here are my goals for the week, to hopefully get me back on track (I started yesterday, so my stats for yesterday are already entered):

1. Under 2000 calories - 1844, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
2. 72oz of plain water only (NO crystal light!) - 75, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
3. NO refined sugar except for 1 Luna Bar a day - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
4. NO fried food - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
5. NO dairy other than nonfat plain yogurt - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
6. Go to the gym at least once a day (400-500 calories), preferably twice a day (800-1000 calories) 900, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
7. Do at least one full set of stretches after the gym - 2, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
8. Take supplements (B12, Calcuim/D/K) - Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

Thanks and I look forward to interacting with everyone this week!
Old 02-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Mea, good to meet you. You're off to a fantastic start knocking your goals out!

Luv, great mindset about raising the bar. Ties in nicely with the quote in your signature . I love this thread for setting the bar high and being accountable. What is it the addiction groups preach? It only works if you work it? Let's do!!

Darlene, hope you are well. Thanks for shooting the advice back at me; I needed to hear it (be beaten over the head with it...). Your puppy is adorable...love the "chewing" pics posted last week

Hi Pam, congrats on your big weekend. Can I say it again, I want to be like you when I grow up?

Mike, see you soon. Hope you and GF had a chance to clear the air.

Kay, stats sounds worse than it is; you'll be fine. I had the same reaction and my prof finally said, "If you can read a cookbook and make a recipe, you can do statistics." Of course, my dad always said that statistics is a class that teaches you how to lie with numbers. Have faith.

Ashlie, glad to see you back. Hope all is well.
Old 02-06-2012, 06:39 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Goals for the week

Hi everyone! I'm feeling pretty good today and ready for a great week! Here are my goals for the week, the same as before!

1200-1400 cals
80 oz water
Treadmill T-Th-Sat
5000 steps on non TM days
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.
Post here every day

Also, the pumpkin flaxseed muffins turned out really well I think, so here is the recipe if anyone is interested.

Pumpkin Flaxseed Muffins

 2 Cups White Whole Wheat or Whole Wheat Flour (I like King Arthur’s or Trader Joe’s)
 1 1/4 cups Oat Flour (I use Arrowhead Mills Oat Flour) or Oat Bran (I use Trader Joe’s)
 2 tsp Baking Soda
 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
 2 tbsp Cinnamon
 2+ tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (we like our pumpkin spicy, so some may like less)
 3/4 cup Flax Seed Meal (I like Bob’s Red Mill)
 1/2 – 1 tsbp Salt
 1 1/2 cups Sugar – white, brown or combo
 2 cups Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
 Approx 1 cup Cinnamon Applesauce (I use 3 individual serving cups of applesauce)
 2/3 cup water
 5 large egg whites
 Walnuts or pecans as desired
First things first, preheat your oven to 350 degress. Making these is super simple – combine all of your dry ingredients in one bowl, and combine your wet ingredients (pumpkin, water, egg whites, applesauce) in another. Than mix them together.
Whichever way you go – grease your muffin pan or muffintop pan, than fill them up! For this recipe I made 12 muffin tops and 18 muffins. I bake the muffin tops at about 12 minutes, and the muffins for about 15. Remove from oven and let cool.

Welcome Mea! I'm sure you'll find a lot of help, advice, and support here, I know I have, it is truly a great bunch here!

Kate, great job on the 2.5, that is awesome!

Mike, hope you win the battle!

Hope to jump back on here later to catch up with everyone else, in the meantime, have a great afternoon!

Julie
Old 02-06-2012, 09:00 AM
FitDay Member

The human yo yo is here and in for the week, I will be reading if not always posting as i can't keep up especially with the time difference. Obviously I am back up again and I'm not really sure why, as I wasn't THAT bad last week, but then I didn't log faithfully so maybe I was out on my calorie count. Must do better.

Darlene. Know what you mean about Uni, I was a single mum too through my 4 years and when the others were meeting up after class for a drink or to study together I was off home to pick up my kids and do al the things I needed to before the next day.
It was all worth it but OMG it was hard sometimes. So yes I'm with you advising Mh to totally enjoy it.

New bra, new shape. Bosom back in the right place, just like that song " bra lift us up where we belong"

Ok it's bedtime for me, not a bad Monday overall.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in.....

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less
2--work out 3 times
3--walk at least 3 times
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0

That's about all I have for the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.