Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-07-2012, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

April, what a tremendous amount of stress you're under. I hope things improve soon; I'm sure it's extremely hard to get through the days. I know it sounds cliched, but please try to take care of yourself through all of this. He has people taking care of him, so that's not yours to do right now...yes, of course you will be there for him emotionally and nothing will stop your worry, but remind yourself that you will be better able to take care of him if you are at your best. I'm sure he's in good hands...and his response to you will likely be much more positive once he gets through the crisis and stabilization phases. Do you feel okay about the people working with him?

Sometimes when crises such as this happen, it helps to look at it as something that would be necessary to make things change for the better in the future. Take care.

Last edited by cjohnson728; 02-07-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Long day today; going to pack a healthy lunch and snacks to stay on track. Hope you all have a wonderful day .
Old 02-07-2012, 01:25 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Oh April, I am so sorry for what you are going through, just know that I am praying for you and your family and we are all here for you. I am so glad you feel you can confide in us, it can help so much to have someone to talk to. You are absolutely doing the best possible for him and it sounds like he is in good hands. Please try to take care of yourself during these trying times so you are better able to handle everything. Take care,

Julie
Old 02-07-2012, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

It seems like a lot of us are struggling this week. I'm sending out a cyber hug to everyone, but especially to April and Tori.

April I have no advice to offer for your situation, just continue to be his mom in every possible way and let him know in no uncertain terms that you love him unconditionally. A good friend of mine has a step-son that is equally troubled, she's been through much of the same things you've been through these past few weeks. Her feeling is that although it's an insanely hard road to travel, God does not ask us to carry more than we are capable of. She does however say that there is no shame in praying for a lighter load now and again. You almost have to wonder if there wasn't something that set this off, a teacher, homework, a fear, a bully, puberty? I hope you get to the root of the problem and resolve it, or at least that he can find some help/peace and return home soon. Good luck honey, a big squeeze and we're always here to listen (well read really) when you need to vent, discuss or ask advice. We have shoulders, feel free to cry.

Tori honey, sorry that "basket case" won out, but you know I've long considered tears theraputic. So go ahead "cry it out", then strap on your shoes and go for a walk, in the end you'll feel better, bottling it up always seems to drag the misery out longer. Maybe Terri can spare a small cup of "shake it off and move on" for you. I love the tatt idea, sounds good to me, that's a great way to celebrate making it to your goal weight. Personally, I'm thinking about getting a little plastic work done when I reach goal. These stretch marks need to go away, and I wouldn't mind if the "girls" defied gravity a little/lot more.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all!! It sounds like everyone is off to a great start this week. I feel motivated just reading all your goals and accomplishments already.

Tori - I'm so sorry ur sad, like others have said, take care of yourself. Concentrate on your goals and do your best to improve yourself during this time. Lots of good vibes headed your way

Mike - I too am a PB@J addict, its my comfort food. I've recently fell in love with Nutella and jelly too. Yummmm

Mern - Doesn't the mindless nail biting drive you nuts? I look down and think...how did that one get all mangled???? ugh

Cassie - Hey there neighbor!! Great job resisting the fried chicken, you have some kinda willpower!! Congrats on your son making the tennis team. I have kid athletes, it can be very stressful sometimes. Good luck!

April - it looks like we are the same age, and I have teens too. Its a roller coaster ride, I feel you there!!

Almeeker - oh the joys of head lice!! My youngest DD got them 3 times during Pre-K, I swear they were living in her classroom or something. She is blonde and i thought i was gonna lose my mind....I hope your ordeal is behind you.

Monday Report card:
Fitness goals:
- >1400 calories daily Yep
- 2 tervis water and 1 soda Yep
- zumba on Thursday
- weights 2 days

Non-fitness goals:
- no nail biting had a moment of weakness at ball practice
- work 30 minutes a day in spare room No
- get kids sale entry done sent email
Old 02-07-2012, 02:04 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone!

Amy ... It does really seem like something triggered this to explode the way it has. Like I said, he has ODD so has always been a limit pusher and rebellious but this is a new level of rage. I knew that when he really hit puberty that it would amplify but this is beyond anything that we expected.

Cassie ... I really do feel that he is in a good place. The first place he was in had group therapy like once a day and met with a doctor a few times a week. This place meets with the doctor daily and has several group sessions daily. They are doing what they can to help him and what I do is try to be positive when he calls. I do have to ask him about the things that are going on there to get his view on it but I have to be careful because that can cause him to hang up on me. They are also thinking he may have conduct disorder on top of his ODD. And now the hallucinations? I don't know what they are going to think of that but they just started the night before last night. WTH would I do with that at home? That is what worries me the most. They are trained to deal with this and are having a little bit of a hard time.

Tori ... I am so sorry you are also having a tough time. I hope that you can find peace with your situation. It's hard to pretend you don't care when you really do care...so much! Hugs to ya girl!

Ashlie ... Welcome to the group! I've been distracted lately and I'm sorry if I hadn't welcomed you yet! Or if I have and forgot lol.

Darlene ... I am loving your puppy pics! They brighten my day. Her chewing is so cute. I would probably buy her toys that are all the wrong size! Chloe's bones probably weigh as much as Kaya does haha!

Sorry to anyone that I missed but this is providing me a nice distraction today and I welcome it.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aspikes
Mike - I too am a PB@J addict, its my comfort food. I've recently fell in love with Nutella and jelly too. Yummmm

Almeeker - oh the joys of head lice!! My youngest DD got them 3 times during Pre-K, I swear they were living in her classroom or something. She is blonde and i thought i was gonna lose my mind....I hope your ordeal is behind you.
Have you tried Nutella + PB (extra crunchy)? OMG, it's very nearly better than sex and you sooo did not hear that from me.

Well, I hope the worst of the head lice thing is behind is behind us, I'll be doing daily "bug checks" for the next 4-6 weeks, but that's really not so bad, the other stuff I find is pretty amusing. This morning we all put our hair up and spritzed it with this stuff that's supposed to make you less appealing to the critters, it stinks though.

Unfortunately I'm more seasoned at this than I care to admit. We had a rough run with it when our middle dd was best friends with a girl that had it constantly. That child was sent home from school at least once/month with a head full of it, unfortunately her mother was not the type who gave head lice the necessary due diligence. About a year ago that little girl and her sisters were placed in foster care in a different school district, Amen (believe me, there were a lot more issues in that house than head lice), our dd hasn't had it since. This time it was our youngest that came home with it. I've treated her and reported it to the school, so today they have to do a mandatory head check on the entire building, kids + adults (that should be fun eh?). Hopefully that will help, but probably not, there's always one family that can't seem to get rid of it. I'm going to hit the craft store later today and pick up the necessary ingredients to make homemade repellant. The store bought stuff stinks to high heaven, a teeny tiny bottle of it was $6, and if we're lucky, it will last the week. Our pediatricians office has a repellant recipe that you can add to your regular hair products, shampoo, conditioner, styling gel, detangler, leave-in conditioner, etc etc. I'm going to drop some in everything, not taking any chances.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in. Last night was a disaster, the chirrens made home made cookies and I went to bed too deficient. I woke up around 3:30am and went on a cookie raid. I'll adjust yesterday #'s.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:21 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you so much to everyone for the warm welcome wishes! Nice to meet you all!

April, I am really sorry to hear what you're going through. Sending warm thoughts your way!

Tori, likewise, sending you warm thoughts during this difficult time you're experiencing.

Almeeker, sorry to hear about your head lice woes! But glad that it was an isolated incident. I nanny frequently for friends and have never encountered head lice myself, BUT it's definitely a phobia of mine so here's hoping it never happens!

Aw, sorry to hear Mike! Cookies are hard to resist for sure. But no worries, today is a new day!

Here are my stats for yesterday, *JUST* made it under my calorie goal, phew!:

1. Under 2000 calories - 1844, 1968, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
2. At least 72z of plain water only (NO crystal light!) - Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
3. NO refined sugar except for 1 Luna Bar a day - Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
4. NO fried food - Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
5. NO dairy other than nonfat plain yogurt - Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
6. Go to the gym at least once a day (400-500 calories), preferably twice a day (800-1000 calories) 900, 400, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
7. Do at least one full set of stretches after the gym - Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?
8. Take supplements (B12, Calcuim/D/K) - Y, Y, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?

I was originally listing how many ounces of water I consumed, but yesterday I lost count! So I am just going to make sure that I get to at least 72oz, and write a Y/N entry instead of logging the actual amount.

Have a wonderful day everyone! <3
Old 02-07-2012, 02:31 AM
FitDay Member

LMBO at Almeeker!! Your family sounds like mine, they keep me on my toes for sure. I try to keep them all clean but still find the occasional tick or flea on them....ew.

ima need that recipie!!! My DD5 still has long blonde hair she refuses to leave up in a ponytail. I might need it!!!

I'm gonna try the Nutella and PB, I love extra crunchy PB...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.