Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-12-2012, 02:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Nice pics! I saw them on FB. You should tell Chloe to stay still.... or speed up the shutter speed on the camera.
Thanks! LOL @ my crappy cell phone camera! Macie is behind me too but she is always in the background of the scenes! Chloe likes center stage!
Old 02-12-2012, 04:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Tori. Give us the low down on your retail therapy. Sounds like you had a good time at the party, that's great, you need a pick me up.
ohmygoodness! Let's see. I'm the proud new owner of 4 sweaters, 3 long sleeve tshirts, 2 short sleeve tshirts, 1 pair of sweat pants (I didn't really need them, but they were cute and on clearance), 5 short sleeve or sleeveless tops, 1 pair of CCUUUTTTE boots (that I only paid $7.99 for--I love clearance racks!) and 1 pair of clogs.

I still need to pick up a couple pairs of jeans (the ones I bought day after Christmas are already sliding down my lack of hips), a couple of pairs of dress pants, maybe a skirt or two. And the closer spring and summer gets I also need some shorts, tanks, and maybe a new swim suit.

I'm already in Retail Fantasy World.....

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, sticking with CN will be less work anyway--only two letters to type instead of the four in NFCD. LOL Just kidding--sounds like YOU'RE "attached" too, so I'll just hope things work out the way you will be happiest. Glad you enjoyed the party. Congrats on your weigh-in!
I'm not sure if I'm "attached" or not. There's been no official decision on it. On one hand, I REALLY like CN. But I think part of that is because we've been friends so long. We're already uber-comfortable with each other, and know each other's flaws. On the other, do I sit back on my laurels and wait, and possibly miss out on a really great guy who may be PERFECT for me? 12 months is a long time to wait for someone. I think part of the reason I've missed him so much is because we spent so much time together over the last month and a half. His prior deployments I've missed him, but I missed my FRIEND. This time I miss my friend AND a potential love interest. We ramped it up to a different level. I do know that I'm scared that if CN and I don't work out, we'll never be able to go back to the friendship we had before. And I don't want to lose him all together. I'm still working out the details in my head and heart. Whatever I decide to do, well, I'll have to live with the consequences.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:03 AM
Super Moderator

April, glad you had a nice time, and even happier to hear that DS may be turning a corner. Hoping for continued good news on that front.

Mern, good plan for the day. You and I are going to be back like gangbusters tomorrow, too, right?

Tori, I do hear that concern. I did have a similar experience, and I did lose a friendship when the budding romance didn't work out. But, the silver lining was that he bemoaned it so much that his college roomie the following year introduced himself to me, and later who became my husband .

I think that maybe you can let it ride for now. Over time, your heart will tell you which way to go.

Yeah, apparently I woke up on the corny side of the bed this morning .

So, I am being a warrior today. I've done five loads of laundry, straightened the house, got one exercise in and am getting ready to do about ten thousand errands, then come home and blast out that report.

Happy Sunday everyone; have a great day!
Old 02-12-2012, 06:27 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow Check-In Time

No Moon this time 'round, but I found some stars. I'll keep most of the same goals for next week and keep "shooting for the moon."
FIT Day Challenge *~* Shoot 4 the Moon
*Check-in: Mon-Tues-Wed-Thurs-Fri-Sat
Sun = "Cushion" Day {Respite with Reason} . . . Daily = x6/wk

SAT WEEKEND WARRIOR CHALLENGE: Exercise -- DONE
FRI MISSION --> Strength Train: Lower Extremities and Abd/Back. ~DONE
> “You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.” -Wayne Gretzky
FIT
FOCUS (3) Mind & Heart
*Audio Bible (10 chapt) ~ DONE
*FitDay (Connect Daily) ~ Yes x6
*Hlth Group (Bk Study) ~ DONE

INTAKE (3) Nutrition
*1600 Calorie ~ AT/BELOW x4 :::: ABOVE x1 :::: LOST Track x1
*H2O (40 oz) ~ Yes x3 :::: No x3
*Vit/Fish Oil ~ Yes x5 :::: No x1

TRAIN (3) Movement
*Aerobic (150") ~ 120"
*Daily Life: Miles/Steps (15 mi) ~ 11.8 mi
*Muscular (Each of 3 Areas x2) ~ UEs x2 * LEs x1 * Torso x2

DAY
(3) Life
DAZZLE: *Zone Focus (60") ~ 30"
ADMINISTRATE: *Paper Trail (20") ~ Nope
YARD (Outside) *Maintain (20") ~ Nope
Old 02-12-2012, 07:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Hey all! So, I completely bombed on my workouts and walking this week, but it was a rare week. Went to the party at work guy's house, and while I didn't want to go at first I'm glad I did. We had a great time. Even though it's just after midnight and I'm already home. They're old-er than me, so they tend to start and end early. There was an offer from one of the guys there to go out after we left, I declined. He's only 21, and I'M old to him LOL!!! Although, I'm sure there are a few things I could teach him.

I weighed in before I left, just so I could weigh in when I got home. To see if there was any major damage. Before I left I was at 207.2 (which is down from this morning's weigh in, rare!!) and when I got home it was only 207.8! NO MAJOR DAMAGE AT ALL!!! I'm completely confused by it, cause I drank and ate. A LOT!! But, oh well!! I'm good with it!!!
Tori ~ In spite of everything you've been through this last week, I have a feeling that I'm going to keep chasing you down the hill - weight wise that is.

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Luv. Great news on the loss, keep it up girl
Thank you, Lizzie.

April ~ Good news on your son. I truly hope he turns the corner all the way. And by the way -- I think you made a great choice on what to wear. I love your pics.

ETA: Cassie ~~ You go girl!!! You ought to feel proud of yourself with all that you're doing today.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-12-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

April, you look beautiful!
Old 02-12-2012, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Got in my exercise and will for sure get in my water today. I stuck to my plan today of low carb protein shakes as small meals up until my early dinner of turkey sausage and a double portion of steamed broccoli with olive oil. I'm about to have half an avocado sprinkled with cinnamon for dessert. Still have another shake, 4 tablespoons of flaxmeal and some almonds to spread throughout the evening. Got in truly good nutrition, BUT I feel like I'm on a diet rather than a healthy lifestyle and I don't like the "deprived" feeling. STILL, I hope to have the fortitude to do a whole week of this to get over my carb addiction again. Should come in at around ony 15 net carbs for today. That's 10g less than my usual goal and with my "fasting blood sugar impairment" controlled without meds there's no worry of me falling into low blood sugar.

Cassie, you surely got in plenty of exercise with all the housework and with the exercise you were about to get in. I HOPE you and I can come back like gangbusters tomorrow.

Luv, were you really going to moon us? LOL Just kidding--you've done a really good job this week and you did reach some stars--a LOT of them, in fact.

Hi to both Mike and Joanna and to any lurkers.

Tori, that's great that you have all those new clothes. I see what you're saying about waiting for CN--you just have to follow your heart for the next 12 months. Easy for ME to say, isn't it?

Last edited by Mern; 02-12-2012 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Hey Mern! Just got back from a parade, they have been pretty waek this year.
Old 02-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Hey Mern! Just got back from a parade, they have been pretty waek this year.
Did you get beads?
Old 02-12-2012, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

Dilemma: So, I have one piece of the boy's fried chicken left. He is fried-chickened out. I HATE to throw food away. I'm debating trying to work the sucker into my cals and macros for dinner tomorrow.

Oh, and there are homemade mashed potatoes, too .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.