Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 2/6/12

Old 02-09-2012, 08:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
How are you guys seeing the numbers on the vending machine? Are my eyes worse than I thought, or is my monitor crappy?

MIKE: my rescheduled mammo is tomorrow morning .
We aren't seeing them but we can count. Rows start with A and work down, then the individual slots are the numbers. So if you want something on the 4th row down, 3rd slot. It would be D3. Good luck tomorrow, hope you have great results!
Old 02-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
We aren't seeing them but we can count. Rows start with A and work down, then the individual slots are the numbers. So if you want something on the 4th row down, 3rd slot. It would be D3. Good luck tomorrow, hope you have great results!
I feel better now .
Old 02-09-2012, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

I feel better now .
You skids on should still feel bad. Being that you've raised your kids on kids on Coke and pretzels, you should know those things.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

You skids on should still feel bad. Being that you've raised your kids on kids on Coke and pretzels, you should know those things.
#1: I don't understand that post.
#2: I done raised my kid good. I was the one raised on Coke and pretzels, reference my summer posts detailing the pantry at the House of Schizophrenic Food!

I was just feeling old and blind .
Old 02-09-2012, 09:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
Tori Don't know if you have heard or seen this. A group of military wives got together and formed a choir, a songwriter took some of the letters they had written to their me and put some of the words into a song which they recorded and sold with the proceeds going to Army causes.
If this link works and you watch it, get out the tissues.
Geez woman, don't you know not to post links to vids like that? I was holding it together today Awesome that the proceeds go toward military causes!! And the "rain" I was referring to was the kind life throws at you (when it rains it pours). Still no rain, of either kind, today. I really hope your BF can come off the insulin. One of my aunts got to cmoe off and she's controlling it strictly through diet now, which is awesome. Keeping my fingers crossed for him.

We aren't seeing them but we can count. Rows start with A and work down, then the individual slots are the numbers.
Standard vending organization.....pretty sad that I learned that by high school!!

#1: I don't understand that post.
#2: I done raised my kid good. I was the one raised on Coke and pretzels, reference my summer posts detailing the pantry at the House of Schizophrenic Food!

I was just feeling old and blind .
So I'm not the only one who couldn't figure out the mushmouth speak of his last post either. WHEW!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 09:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

My office is a pretty fit, trim, and/or healthy bunch. (Maybe something about working for the Forest Service most of us are outdoorsy types.) A while back we hired a new administrative assistance. She is very sweet, helpful, and generous, and quite over weight. I've seen her eat breakfast and lunch many times and have yet to see anything green aside from the pathetic lettuce leaf on her 1/4lb burgers. Yesterday and today I watch her eat a whole box of Girl Scout cookies (that's 1 per day ). I know she is unhappy with herself, thus life in general - we have all been there (else we wouldn't be here), but I don't know what to do to help. I certainly don't want to stroll into her office announcing that she's fat and need to shape up and I'm here to help.

We aren't buddies or anything and don't usually talk about much other than work stuff, and I don't really know what we might have in common. But I just feel like I'm watching an accident about to happen that could be prevented.

Any ideas???
Old 02-09-2012, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hmmmm that's a tough one. I was that girl. And honestly hearing others talk about how many calories were in stuff or "bragging" about their losses just irritated the heck out of me. Once my switch got flipped though, I am probably the annoying one now. I really don't have any advice Pam.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Wednesday Check In

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less--992, 1152, 1063
2--work out 3 times--day off, N, N (again)
3--walk at least 3 times--day off, 2.5, it had been on the agenda but got cancelled due to ER trips
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0, Tuesday still at 209--at least it's not a gain, Wednesday 209.4???????????

Off to make some pot pie....I'm so going over my limits today.....
Old 02-09-2012, 10:15 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Hmmmm that's a tough one. I was that girl. And honestly hearing others talk about how many calories were in stuff or "bragging" about their losses just irritated the heck out of me. Once my switch got flipped though, I am probably the annoying one now. I really don't have any advice Pam.

Yes, that's what I am afraid of (not that you are the annoying one ). I suppose my best option is to lead by example.

About the only thing I brag about is the occassional race result, and even then it is with a select few.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Wednesday Check In

Health/Fitness
1--calories 1300 or less--992, 1152, 1063
2--work out 3 times--day off, N, N (again)
3--walk at least 3 times--day off, 2.5, it had been on the agenda but got cancelled due to ER trips
4--lose 3 lbs--starting weight 209.0, Tuesday still at 209--at least it's not a gain, Wednesday 209.4???????????
That 209.4 is just your emotional weight - give it a day or 2 (not going overboard too much on the pot pies ) and it'll drop back down. {speaking from experience here}

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.