Notices

Society and body image

Old 02-01-2012, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

If someone is so rude and immature that they can't decline in a more polite way than screaming "Oh hell no!" then you wouldn't have wanted them anyway. Even a person you're not interested in dating is still a person and should be treated with respect and dignity. It's one thing if you can tell you're not attracted to someone and decide not to go on the date, but there are nicer ways to say so than that.

Even though I'm large myself I don't think I'd want to date someone who was obese because of the fact that they're likely to have habits that I won't be able to change and would be a bad influence on me as far as food and exercise. Plus if you do get married to someone their health costs become your health costs and if they are at an unhealthy weight then it's generally just a matter of time before a disease develops from that, so I would at least want someone who was serious about a permanent lifestyle change.

Last edited by Rubystars; 02-01-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ~Jill~
I am on this journey for health and happiness. MY HAPPINESS... and MY HEALTH are far more important to me than YOUR ACCEPTANCE.
Some of the people that have been around a while probably remember when I had a quote of the week contest. This would have been a winner!
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

I used to be easily offended, but then I realized that when someone is rude they are clearly demonstrating that they have terrible manners. I might be fat, but I'm not rude or tactless, my momma raised me better than that.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Some of the people that have been around a while probably remember when I had a quote of the week contest. This would have been a winner!
Agreed. Hey, why don't you have that contest anymore?
Old 04-07-2012, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

It is great to be reminded our value is not a size or a number on a scale.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ~Jill~
But I can tell you this.... I am quite pleased with the inner person that I am.
If you want to laugh... I'll laugh with you.
If you want to talk..... I'll talk with you.
If you want to be friends..... I'll be your friend
If you want to go along on this journey of health with me..... come along... if not... then stand behind me and walk the other way.
I dunno, you seem pretty beautiful to me.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

show up at my door and literally say "oh Hell no" and turn on their heels

Oh, girl, what I would have shouted after those [insert favorite expletive]s. What makes people feel so entitled? They've got waste products for brains!

Bottom line: WE ARE BEAUTIFUL!