Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
FitDay Member

Pam-excellent job. And your husband has excellent taste in beer.

I ran a number of EnviroSport trail races back in the late 80s/early 90s.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:12 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Saturday Report

Something wonderful--had a wonderful visit with our three week old great-granddaughter. Made me feel good that she was crying and was calmed by my rocking her and talking to her. Great-granny's still got it!

Aww, that's so lovely Mern .
I am sure you still got it ! And how wonderful to have a great grand-baby. I am sure that it what keeps you ticking.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:15 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by handcycle2005
Pam-excellent job. And your husband has excellent taste in beer.

I ran a number of EnviroSport trail races back in the late 80s/early 90s.

Yup, he does, dang him! .
EnviroSport does a really nice job. Simple, direct, and successful. I hadn't heard this until today, but they had to cancel the trail marathon in Dec due to 60 - 80 MPH winds. Whew, glad we had an unusually calm day today.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:17 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, a ribbon is great. Personally, I'd rather have a ribbon than a trophy--not kidding. You can frame it and hang it on your wall and not have to dust it very often. Podium beers--that's sweet. I hope the food brings you down. Average white girl LOL I didn't even think of that when Mike asked if you were from Ethiopia or Kenya. I just thought of Olympic medalists and I know you did, too, but your joke was really a chuckler.

Luv, yeah, we call ourselves the weekend warriors. I usually just continue my Monday thru Friday goals. Great job on 7 miles done so far!!!
Old 02-04-2012, 02:32 PM
FitDay Member

OK, so I did do great on saving SOME money on electric today.
--had the TV on for only half an hour for my exercise DVD this morning and then didn't turn it back on until 8PM. It'll get turned off at 11PM. DH spent a lot of time in the bedroom cheating and watching TV, not willing to sacrifice much on the boob tube usage.
-- had the computer on sleep mode when not in use and used it only for only posting here; for looking for and ordering a knob for my "vintage" (1989) built-in oven; and hunting down a medical billing code to see what our health insurance company was billed for.
--37 degree high outside today and the furnace didn't come on from from 11AM to 8PM. I had it set to come on if it got below 60 degrees but it got down from 67 degrees we usually have the thermostat set on to only 61 degrees in all that time. Not bad--says a lot for our insulation.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:41 PM
FitDay Member

Pam, thanks for your kind words. Actually, our grandkids ARE what keeps me ticking. I HAVE to keep active because DH and I help take care of them. We don't babysit the two great grandbabies, though--just enjoy them and hand them back.

Goodnight, y'all. Will log on again tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:50 PM
FitDay Member

Pam - Congratulations!

Mern - Glad you got to spend time with the baby.

I managed to get in 6 miles tonight. I hope I will be able to get in my 4 miles tomorrow, but I'm having a problem with one toe. The nail has been purple for a little while now, and today it was bleeding while I was walking. I'll try walking in different shoes tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Tomorrow is my DS's 13th birthday which will make me the mother of TWO teenagers.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:04 PM
FitDay Member

Kay, sounds like your shoes don't fit properly.
You should have a thumb's width clearance between the end of your big toe and the front of the toe box.
Keep your toenails trimmed.
If your shoe is too big or doesn't match your foot shape, your foot can slide forward with each step.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:39 PM
FitDay Member

Default Saturday FitDay Challenge Check-In

FitDay Challenge
Check-In: Mon -Tues - Wed - Thurs - Fri - Sat
Daily = x6 wkly . . . "Cushion" Day = SUN

Weekend Warrior 10 mile -> 7 mi done!!!

<*> FRI MISSION <*> 64 oz Water -> Accomplished!!!

FIT
FOCUS {1} *Audio Bible (10 Chapt.) = DONE

INTAKE {2}
*Veg (4 servings Low Carb daily) = Yes x5 . . .No x1
*Water (32 oz daily)= Yes x5 - No x1

TRAIN {2}
*Aerobic (150") = 215"
*Pedometer (12 mile) = 12.97 mi
*Strength Training = ON HOLD 'til back is better.
---------------------------
DAY - wkly /// TOTAL BUST
These are things I'm attempting to work in to my routine. Try again next wk.
DAZZLE *Clean/Declutter (FlyLady Zones - 1' 15") =
ADMINISTRATE *Paper Trail (25") =
YARD (Outside) *Clean (20") =
Old 02-04-2012, 04:43 PM
FitDay Member

It is strange because it is only the middle toe on the right foot that is a problem. I have other shoes though, and I will definitely be switching them out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.