Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-03-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Member

Amy Those calories are straight up amazing for a chocolate party I also love chocolate covered pretzels, who am I kidding I love chocolate anything.

Mern We haven’t gone yet we will go on feb 15 and I will let you know what I eat when I come home as I will be all full and need to sit around anyway.

Pam Good luck on your race today and I can see how you could get caught up in the beauty of your surroundings and forget you are in a race that second shot is fabulous.

Fit4luv You got chocolate too, I have chocolate envy right now. Great job on the walking and I wouldn’t feel too bad about your food choices we all have days like that some call it a “cheat day” I opt to call it a “life day” because in my life a little high calorie food must fall.

Terri Lol at you fooling people with your water bottle. My hubby is very skeptical also and always tells me “if you stop doing everything that’s bad for you you will never get out of bed then he says no wait that’s not good for you either guess you are just screwed. It drives me crazy but he’s partially right I can’t avoid everything but gosh darn it I can try if I want. I am sorry your #2. I felt disappointed and frustrated with myself when I didn’t get offered my job either but now that it not so fresh I am glad I really want to be the perfect fit and I want to work for someone who really wants me. In a couple days I am sure you will see it more clearly and be able to make whatever decision is best for you and your career.

Tori Glad to hear you talked communication is key to any good relationship.

I am so ready for this puppy to sleep bast 6:30 in the morning, the good news is after her pee and a bit of kibble I put her back to bed and she slept until 7:45 if she keeps this up I will have to go to bed earlier.I have a ton of errands to run today and just can not seem to find my get up and go this morning it's already 11 and I am on coffee 3 and still in pj'sOk putting that in print is a little motivating and embarrassing at the same time.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Thursday's Goals

Happy Friday everyone! I know I work the whole weekend right now, but Friday's are still nice for some reason! Had a pretty good day yesterday, but still struggling with exercise, hopefully I will get that figured out soon! Planning on making some pumpkin flaxseed muffins this weekend, so if they turn out well I'll post the recipe. Here is yesterday,

1200-1400 cals 1220, 1328,1260, 1230
80 oz water64 oz, 40 oz , 64 oz, 80 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-N, Th-N
5000 steps on non TM days 3491, 3891, 4293, 4896, Almost!
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.No, No, No,No, but tonight!
Post here every day Yes, Yes,Yes, Yes

Tori, I'm glad you two worked things out!

Pam, those pics are beautiful, thanks for posting them!

Luv, don't worry about the cake, focus on the rest of the week now and get right back on track! We all slip up now and then!

Terri, I'm sorry to hear about the job, I know how hard the market is out there right now, but don't let it get you down, the right job really will happen for you!

Mern, so nice to have a day off, enjoy it and do something nice for yourself!

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!

Julie
Old 02-03-2012, 06:24 AM
FitDay Member

Here are some pics of Kaya if anyone cares I am just a proud puppy owner right now.

kaya and dumbell.jpg I chew!

kaya and toy.jpg I chew!

php4kVIGIAM.jpg I rest from chewing

php9qRySbAM.jpg I chew some more!

phpPyaBTTAM.jpg All that chewing is exhausting.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Darlene I love the pictures, she is adorable! Keep them coming!

Julie
Old 02-03-2012, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Pam, those pics are awesome!!!

Darlene, your pup is soooo cute.

Rant below.
I got off to a late start today. GF got into another "discussion" today. It started off with her bitching about the dogs and went from there. We got back on the subject of my daughter. I told her once again that if given an ultimatum of her or my daugher, she loses. I told her that she needs to get over this hatred for my daughter. She told me that she wasn't sure if she wanted to stay in this relationship. I told her that if she can't get over her issue my daughter the relationship ends TODAY! I told her that I was tired of my daughter not feeling welcomed in her own home b/c of her. I got to work (around noon) and I'm swamped. GF sends me a text to call her. I call her and she tells me that I'm right, nobody should feel unwelcomed in their own home and that she's going to just get over it. We are supposed to talk again tomorrow and then I think we are going to sit everyone down and talk to clear the air.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene * Julie ~ Thank you so much for your understanding. The current quote I have in my signature has to do with fighting each battle or battles daily so that the whole war will be won. I need reminding to remember battles that I've won & here on out focus on the battle at hand.

E X T R A * F A T

Darlene -> Chew & Rest . ... Your dog is so adorable. I love your updates.

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-03-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Mike,
I'm so sorry you're going thru this, but good for you standing your ground and putting your daughter first, no one should have to make a choice where their kids are concerned, you are a great dad, and that is the most important thing!

Julie
Old 02-03-2012, 08:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Mike ~ Just read your post.

I just read your post. You are such an awesome father with a clear & cool head on your shoulders. I like your idea of sitting down altogether & talking it out. I'll be thinking of you this weekend & hope "it" will be addressed in a productive/civil manner. I'm sorry for all your difficulties. -- Do you wish for me to put this post in the white?

Last edited by fit4luv; 02-03-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Julie and Luv.

Luv, your post is fine.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene--the pup is SSOOO cute. I still say that precious baby needs some pink bows in her hair! And Jasmine's nails aren't painted, they're capped with little rubber pieces that fit over the actual nail. You glue them on and it's supposed to help protect your furniture and stuff. She did NOT sit still at all during the application. She even hissed and swatted at the groomers. But she looks pretty!!!

Mike--I hope all goes well when you all sit down and talk it out. Talking does do wonders !!!!

Explaination of CN's behavior in white.
I decided against the Haagen Dazs last night and went for my nightly "Walk of Terror" through the neighborhood. A friend calls just to check on me and she wound up meeting me at a little bar down the street from my house for a couple of beers. CN calls while we're there and lets me know that he's on his way to my house and I told him that he was welcome to wait for me to get home. I even told him where the Hide-a-Key was so he didn't have to wait in his truck. Of course, he was a little irritated but decided to wait on me. I got home and the VERY first thing he did was yell at me for walking through my neighborhood alone at night. I reminded him, in a very calm way , that I was a big girl and able to take care of myself. I think he was more upset and concerned that I walk alone at night than he was pissed. We fought over this a little bit more with him finally realizing that I'm more stubborn than he, and it was doing no good to keep bitching about it.
I finally got him calmed down enough to have an adult conversation and things started to progress. I explained to him that I hadn't been trying to compare him to any of the "losers" I've dated prior to him, but that I understood the situation. Having been through 3 deployments with 2 other guys, I kind of know what to expect. I aslo explained that while I have been focusing on him, I completely forgot about my Daddy's birthday. And it's not like any run of the mill birthday, it's his 60th! It's pretty much a big deal, and he was welcome to go to dinner with us if he wanted, otherwise he'd have to wait until I got through. (He's going to go hang with his brother while I'm out with the fam). Come to find out, the whole reason he was upset was because his brother cancelled seeing him off on Monday morning. He just took it out on me when I had to postpone our plans til later in the evening. He technically was never upset with me (until I "compared" him to the losers). Apparently his brother was supposed to go down to bid him farewell, and now has to work and can't get the day off. Anyway, we're going to try our best and have a good weekend. We've cleared the air, and things seem okay today. After work tomorrow I'm taking him back to Georgia (that way he doesn't have to drive and leave his truck unattended) and we're going to spend the rest of the weekend there. I talked to my store manager and got Monday off, that way CN has someone there to say goodbye. He's never been deployed without someone being there, and THAT'S why he was upset. Men! Had he told me all this to begin with, I wouldn't have assumed he was being a typical soldier. He said that he still doesn't want me to "wait" on him, but I've gone and complicated things for myself by letting myself care about him. So, now I'm confused and unsure of what to do while he's gone.

Sorry for the long winded explanation.....and thanks everyone for being so supportive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.