Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 01-30-2012, 07:20 AM
FitDay Member

Tori Congrats on another great week of weight loss. I don’t mind the back and forth with Mike it makes me chuckle and kept me walking all week, so bicker away.

Kay I am excited for you I love being able to notice my successes in my clothes also and I agree the scale doesn’t always tell the whole story. You kicked everyone’s butt on walking miles last week it’s probably a pound of muscle and muscle always looks nicer in clothes so be happy about your new muscle.

Amy If anyone can tackle a long list of goals its you. I think 15min of exercise at 5am is very impressive the only exercise I get within an hour of waking up is my coffee to my mouth and a shower. Lol at the swim moms just so you know gymnastics moms are the same. One of my favorite convo’s was the diet our kids had to have when they became higher level competitive and were training 20+ hrs a week and how awful it was for some of these moms and I was excited as it was the catalyst for change in my life and I would say positive things and get dirty looks.

Xyxst Glad to hear you are feeling better.

Julie Lol at the squats being difficult on the up part, I agree.

Fit4luv You are doing great I am sure that pound will fly off this week, keep up the great work.

Joanna Alcohol and Denny’s oh my you would think you were a college student, lol. I am sure this week will be better for you.

Quinn Wishing you a successful week. Have you heard anything yet on all your dd college/scholarship aps?

Terri You do not suck, we were just talking about how the weekend is harder for most of us, myself included. Good job on a new scale low, only 10lbs to go that’s awesome maybe that can be your motivator.

Cassie I really did well last week because of everyone’s motivation I agree we don’t need to be on fire just encouraging each other to do our best every day and that will light the fire.

Mike I like that you are carrying on the sesame street theme.

Lizzie Way to go on 1.5lbs down.

Pam I think running a half marathon on Saturday is a spectacular goal for the week I hope one day to be that fit.

I started the day smiling the 5lbs I lost last week stuck through the weekend and I can happily wave goodbye to all the Christmas weight. I need to get as committed with my plan as possible my weight goal graph has me sitting 4lbs higher then I should be to hit my goal at the end of March. I am not hiking today as my friend had to work but we will go tomorrow so I will try to get some treadmill time in later today. I am thinking about cancelling my gym membership I just don’t seem to be using it at all the last couple months but then I wonder if its just a phase and next month I will again, do you guys flip flop on your exercise type or are you consistent? Have a great Monday.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Um Pam, the 1/2 is Saturday, which is this weeks, so why no goals? How about one simple goal, a time goal for the race?

OK:
Goal:
Run 1/2 marathon in 2:05 or better

Happy now
Old 01-30-2012, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Almeeker, these look like great goals, how do you get 10000 steps?? Do you have a job where you get to move around alot? I have been wearing my pedometer every day for a couple weeks now, and I'm not even close, even on treadmill days! Good luck tonight avoiding the chit chatters!

Julie
In an average day I put 6,000-8,000 on my ped without trying, I'm a SAHM so yes you could say I have a job where I'm on my feet all day, but it varies. If I put a little effort into a workout, especially a cardio workout, I get to 10,000 easily enough, but I do have to put in extra effort to make it happen every day. I'm also short, so my DH says that I get to 10,000 faster than most because I flat out have to take more steps to get there lol.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
almeeker ~ Is there a way you can pass on the message for the chatty Swim moms to "get off their butts" with some decorum? A way to encourage them?! Don't they see what you've been doing for yourself? In other words, I think you'd be a great Health Ambassador.
LOL, well thank you, "Health Ambassador" I like it! I've gotten a couple of them up and moving, it's a work in progress. There have been a few that worked out once, over did things and were in pain for several days after and have never been back. They didn't workout with me though, I would have started them off more slowly.

Seriously, the pool is in the SAME BUILDING as the weight room, it's up a single flight of stairs, it's got EVERYTHING, it's never packed, parents of athletes can get a cheapy workout punch card for $25, gets you 20 visits. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Amy If anyone can tackle a long list of goals its you. I think 15min of exercise at 5am is very impressive the only exercise I get within an hour of waking up is my coffee to my mouth and a shower. Lol at the swim moms just so you know gymnastics moms are the same. One of my favorite convo’s was the diet our kids had to have when they became higher level competitive and were training 20+ hrs a week and how awful it was for some of these moms and I was excited as it was the catalyst for change in my life and I would say positive things and get dirty looks.
LOL, I'll bet you got dirty looks. Our oldest used to have food allergies, I got a lot of dirty "you must be joking" looks then too. Imagine sending home a letter with the entire pre-school student body trying to explain about gluten contamination and how they might be helpful when it came to snacks and treats (she could eat any sort of fresh fruit hint hint), yep lead balloon city.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
OK:
Goal:
Run 1/2 marathon in 2:05 or better

Happy now
Heck yeah, that is awesome. I'd be happy if I could get under 3:00. I'm kneeling in gravel bowing down!!

I actually had my chest poked out and I was strutting around the other day when I did 10 miles just over 2 hours. Ha! What was I thinking?
Old 01-30-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

I actually had my chest poked out and I was strutting around the other day when I did 10 miles just over 2 hours. Ha! What was I thinking?
yeah, you were parading around like a proud peacock.....
Old 01-30-2012, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

I just got through with dinner and have left myself with enough room to have a snack later if I want one. It was another Hungry Monday. Well, technically it was Hungry Sunday Night/Monday. I got out of bed around 2 (notice I said got out, not woke up) and had a very very late night snack. It was only 40 calories, but still probably could have done without it. That didn't settle the hunger so I forced myself to consume a bottle of water and went back to bed a little better but still craving. (damn TOTM) Woke up this morning no better than when I fell asleep. STARVING and not being able to eat for an hour after my meds. It was a miserable drive to work. But now, not hungry at all. I had to force myself to eat dinner. I'm skipping my workout and walk tonight. I just haven't the energy. Besides, I'm thinking I should skip the walk tonight anway seeing as how I dislocated my knee last night. I'm pretty sure I made this face when it happened. And then I let loose with some choice words. It hurts like the dickens today too!

Mike, I may need you to push me into those walks again this week. Seems like I do better that way. (I can not believe I just asked him to harass me again.....I don't learn)

I think I'm actually gonna go watch some TV. Something I haven't done in a about a week. I'm back logged on taped shows. Have a good night everyone!!
Old 01-30-2012, 11:55 AM
FitDay Member

Had a great day food-wise, although my calories were low due to working straight through lunch. Thanks for all of the encouragement, everyone. But, I think Mike wins the prize for hitting it on the head... I'm just not focusing! My mind is being torn in 100 different directions and I'm having a hard time keeping up with everything on my plate since the first of the year. I get busy trying to get everything done. Then, before I know it, it's supper time and I make something quick and easy and not so healthy. It's been really stressful, too, which isn't an excuse. I just have to buckle in and pay more attention to health issues.

On a positive note, for the first time in my life, my weight is staying in the +5 range and not the +25 range, which is where it always use to go really quickly when I stopped paying attention. So, maybe something permanent is changing after all!

I apologize for not being more active in encouraging you all... I swear SOON I will be caught up with life's juggling act. Right now, I seem to be dropping a few plates that need to be up in the air!!

Monday:

1. Calories under 1200, no excuses, busy or not. 995
2. Drink a minimum of 80 oz. per day. Yes
3. No bread, butter, cheese M-F. None
4. 3 fruits and veggies daily. 3
5. Multi-vitamin daily. Yes
Old 01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Heck yeah, that is awesome. I'd be happy if I could get under 3:00. I'm kneeling in gravel bowing down!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the only real difference between running 10 miles and walking 10 miles is I get it done faster. As long as you are walking at a brisk clip, we're burning close to the same number of calories per mile. And 10 miles in 2 hours is one brisk clip! Good job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.