Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-04-2012, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
It is strange because it is only the middle toe on the right foot that is a problem. I have other shoes though, and I will definitely be switching them out.
Almost everyone's feet are slightly different in size.

Check the inside of the problem shoe, there may be a manufacturing defect your toe is running into.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:24 AM
Super Moderator

Small rant.

I'm going to be PC and not name names but I didn't ban a newbie for spamming our site, even though they called me about and put words in my mouth. As much as I love a good debate, I hate for my words to be twisted. Everyone that knows me, knows I shoot from the hip, I say what I mean and mean what I say, so there is no reason to twist what I say! Can I count that as a good deed? It took everything I had to NOT drop the hammer.
Old 02-05-2012, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! Seems fairly deserted this weekend **watches tumbleweed blow by**. For those who've been keeping up in my Soap Opera of a week.....(in white) I've been struggling this weekend and am finding it really hard to keep it together. I go from wanting to eat everything in sight to not wanting anything. I've done my best to eat good foods, but I'm gravitating more and more to the junk. I know it's just stress though. The weekend hasn't went as planned, but has went okay so far. There was a quickly thrown together "Congrats/We'll Miss You" party last night for CN. (the congrats were because he got a promotion he's been up for, the we'll miss you is pretty self explanatory) Tomorrow will probably be much more stressful and I'm not really sure how I'm going to react yet. I'll either keep it all bottled up or be a basket case. I'm a One Extreme to the Other type of chick. But for now I'm going to enjoy the time we have left together. It's turning out to be a beautiful day so I think we might go to the park. We're driving down to GA later today so he can make sure everything is situated and I'll bid him farewell in the morning. So that's about the that. I will try to check in tomorrow, not sure if I'll be able to though. Hope everyone has a great Sunday.

Mike-you should have dropped the hammer.........
Old 02-05-2012, 04:41 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Kay, I have the same problem with my 2nd toe. The right foot is always a bit of a problem and the left foot joins in after a long hard run. It is something of a standard problem with long distance runners, but definitely look into HC's advice. It is really hard to enjoy your runs when your feet are killing you from the very begining.

Darlene, the puppy is so precious, but I still think you got a little polar bear cub, w/a pink tummy

Mike vis-a-vis, rant#1. I can only guess that GF knows a good thing when she sees one, but struggles with the compromises it takes to maintain a healthy relationship. I hope things are going better

Tori, oh what a wise woman you are to be so understanding of the man. Since kitties are pretty darn good judges of character, I suspect Jas may be onto something .

Luv, what a great idea to do a collective miles challenge, your activities are looking great BTW.

Kimbur, nice green on the report. The cave diving trip sounds awesome! I have to admit that diving is one sport I have never been very excited about, but I just love hereing/reading the stories of those who do enjoy it - so, tell us all about the trip.

Mern, saving electricity is pretty tricky, because of the conveinience things we are used to usually plug into the wall. Good luck figuring out which ones are essential and which ones you and the family can really cut back on.

Hey Terri, sorry to see that you didn't grab the blue ribbon on the job. But it isn't over until the contract is signed. I have been runner up many times when the winner suddenly drops out and gotten the job or opportunity after all. But as you and others have noted, if you don't get it is only because something better is around the corner. And soooo happy to see that BF had multiple offers to choose from. I am sure that was a real boost to his ego .

So, I am still basking in the glory! I did have a good a night's sleep as I expected. My toes (see Kay's issue above) and the blisters under my bunions suddenly decided to go on a screaming contest at about 3 AM. I think the covers were irritating both. But I did manage to go back to sleep for a few more hours and feel pretty dang good. I definitely feel like I did something yesterday, but I don't feel any really serious discomfort or too wobbly in the legs.

So how are all the rest of the Weekend Warriors?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

I haven't deserted y'all. I'm sitting at the gym waiting on it to open at 12, then I'm off to a parade.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:46 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, thanks for your kind words. Congrats on the 6 miles yesterday! I'm impressed with your wanting to do 4 miles today with that sore toe!

Luv, fabulous reports this week! Congrats on all the walking! Hope your back feels better soon!

Mike, I read your rant. Yeah, you can count your treatment of that issue as a good deed. Hope you get in some good exercise at the Y. Sunday is a scheduled day off exercise for me and no one has to twist my arm to take it.

Tori, wishing you a good day with CN.

Pam, I'm so glad you had a good night sleep after your race, but so sorry you woke up with the pain. Glad you don't have any other serious discomfort. I've heard that anything that has a clock in it is an electricity hog. With the furnace and fridge off, DH and I took turns standing outside at the electric meter today watching the meter wheel slow down as we turned off and unplugged only the cable TV that has a settop and DVD player plugged into it and put the computer into sleep mode. It was easily noticeable. And the person outside at the meter could tell and yelled "back on" when the computer was taken out of sleep mode and the TV with components plugged back in and turned on. Those two are the biggest electric users that we have options to control with more limited usage. Of course the washer and dryer, oven, range and dishwasher stay plugged in or else we'd have to move them every day to get to the electrical outlets, but we'll unplug the other two TVs, microwave, coffee maker, and can opener when not in use. Won't be that big an effort. It'll be interesting so see if there's any sizable decrease in the next couple electric bills--we often have cold weather in Ohio through the end of March. GD has to work from 4-8PM today, so the furnace will be turned off when she's at work, too. Forgot that's a gas furnace, so we'll also be saving on natural gas.

Last edited by Mern; 02-05-2012 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

I managed to get through a 3 mile walk today with no blood loss. It is a beautiful day here, so I walked down to the creek and hiked a trail that follows the creek. I would have liked to stay out longer, but I've got too much to do today. The 3 miles puts me at 21 totals for the week, so I exceeding my 20 mile goal for the week, but fell short by a mile on the 10 mile weekend challenge. I'm taking the kids to my mother's for a Birthday dinner for DS, and I'm going to refrain from having any ice cream cake.
Old 02-05-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Kay, congrats on your bloodless exercise today. Sounds like a lovely walk. Enjoy the birthday dinner and happy birthday to DS. "May the Force be with you" on avoiding the ice cream cake!
Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 AM
FitDay Member

Hail weekend warriors! I've not been on this thread as much as I would like but DH was working on the taxes yesterday. Interrupting him was not in my best interests, if you know what I mean. Speaking of mean our DD's were at each other yesterday like white on rice. Apparently keeping them out late on Friday night for ski club has an additional price beyond the lift ticket. Yikes! When church got over this morning the kiddos went home with the grandparents, so I'm enjoying a very nice and quiet afternoon. I called my workout partner and we went for a 5 mile walk around town and along a river path we'd never been to before. It's beautiful out, so got my miles in and my vitamin sunshine! That brings me to 11 miles of walking for the week. I guess I missed the "10 miles for the weekend" challenge. Oops. I did make my goal of 7 hours of exercise for the week, actually I hit 9 if you include skiing.

I'm going to end the day over calories, but it won't be as bad as yesterday, which was really ugh-ly, happens every time I make muffins. The kids and DH eat 1 each and I eat the rest. It works better when I make a recipe that bakes an even dozen, but yesterday's recipe made 2 dozen, I have one husband and we have 3 kids, you do the math. There are 2 left and I'm hoping to eat those tomorrow for breakfast and then be done with that whole mess until I bake again. I was going to make Mern's mocha flaxseed muffins, but DD wanted to bake a recipe she found in one of the cookbooks. They were very healthy, whole wheat flour, wheat bran, flaxseed, vanilla protein powder, rolled oats, pecans, cinnamon, molasses and apples. But when we got the mix ready and gave it a taste, it was okay but needed something, so we tossed in some brown sugar, but we should have tossed in twice as much. In the end we served them smothered in apple butter, which went a long way toward making them edible. I'm thinking that recipe needs applesauce added to it, but I'm afraid to make them again anytime soon. I did make a note in the margins to halve the recipe in the future. Strangely enough the recipe says it makes 12 muffins. WRONG, and I have the rear end to prove it.

Mike good luck on your attempt to "communicate", I'm glad at least the GF is willing to work it out, or work on it, as the case may be.

Darlene, the puppy is just about as precious as it gets. I don't know if I would be able to tell her no, at my house she'd probably be very spoiled.

Tori, good luck with CN this weekend. All I can say for certain about long distance relationships is that if it works out, it was meant to be. DH and I had an LDR for about 2 years that included for a time a drivable distance (2.5 hours) and then he went abroad to study and we were in different time zones (6 hours difference, you can't drive to Italy from here). But through all of that we didn't fight even once, we just wrote letters and sent emails and had one weekly 3 minute call (all we could afford), and somehow all these years later we're still in love and still together.

Pam whoooo hooooo hoooooo!!!! I'm glad you had good beer to celebrate that event! I think maybe you're an average white girl from Kenya.

Luv, congrats on those weekend reports and I too hope your back feels better. You might try some abdominal DVD workouts, maybe you can find one that doesn't include crunches or sit-ups, which might aggravate your back.

Oh Mern, I too have gone and done all sorts of things to cut back on expenses. Where to even begin that conversation? There are devices you can buy that put your outlets essentially on timers, you add it to the actual electric panel. DH and I have discussed it on more than one occasion, although we have yet to buy any. I do have the regular sort of timers on certain things, but I think they take a little energy to run. One money saving device we have that I absolutely love is the diverter on the dryer vent. It's attached to the top of the vent right before it passes to the outside. It's plastic, and it has a paddle in it and a screen. If you flip the paddle one way the warm moist air from the dryer is vented into the house through a screen, if you flip it the other way it vents outside. I love the smell of the dryer air coming up the basement steps. When I run the dryer I think it adds about 3-5 degrees of heat to the basement, which in turn keeps the first floor a little warmer. Since I'm already paying for that warm air, it's sort of like recycling. "May the force be with you", snort snort. Man you're funny.

Kay, I've had that same thing happen to my toe, and it happened while I was wearing my regular workout shoes on the treadmill. The only thing I was doing differently was walking/running at a steeper incline. You might lose your toenail eventually. Mine hasn't fallen off yet, but it looks like it's going to, probably just in time for sandal season. Nice eh? Good luck wearing different shoes, I hope that helps.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry I have not logged on as much as usual this weekend but wow this puppy is wearing me out she needs to be watched 24/7 as I do not want to kennel train her so the sooner we put the time into teaching her the rules the better for us all (she is 90% housetrained already). My eating has been below par but I had dinner out on friday and we had our first dinner at our sons new house yesterday and they made roast and all the fixins even homemade yorkshire puddings.

Pam great job on your race!

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.