Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-03-2012, 02:54 PM
FitDay Member

hey mike next week will definitely be better for me as I am going to mexico to go cave diving

I just have to get through the weekend as I am on call an booked heavily already. oh well just a few more days.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene ~ Thanks about the smileys. They help this whole thing with weight loss & becoming more fit to be fun. Sort of silly, isn't it? Vito, with the "FitDay's Best of Series", gave a link for smiles.org.

-----------------
Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Luv, You'll have to get Pam involved to get close to 100.

Kim, Good job on making it to the gym! I've had one of those weeks too. Maybe next week will be better for us both.

Amy, I just checked the weather... rain all weekend. That suck b/c I'm supposed to go to a parade tomorrow. I'll see what I can do depending on the weather b/c I refuse to get on a dredmill!
You're not trying to come up with excuses, are you? Just checking.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Kay, knock out that 10, you got it.

Kim, have fun, enjoy your trip, bring back a video and lots of pics!

Luv, no excuses. Walking on a dreadmill will screw up my stride b/c it is totally different than walking on the street. I never do the dreadmill b/c of that, especially with a 1/2 marathon around the corner. Speaking of...

Pam, good luck on your 1/2 tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

OMG I was typing away and hit the wrong key and POOF it was gone

Mike and Tori hang in there you two. I have been following your respective relationship troubles. Relationships can be a terribly painful area and definitely a trigger for me to not eat right or take care of myself. Hope it works out for each of you.

Darlene that puppy is such a cute little fluff ball! Animals are an amazing source of love, comfort, companionship and laughter. We laugh daily at our two min pins. They bring incredible joy to our life. Enjoy your new fluff ball.

To all of you taking on the weekend challenge of 10...Good luck. I'm cheering you on.

The scale was kind to me this morning and showed a 2# loss. I won't believe it till it happens for a couple days in a row. But still it was enough to put me in a good mood this morning even though i have to work all weekend:roll eyes:

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be kind to yourselves.
Old 02-04-2012, 02:07 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Friday Check In

Morning everyone! Good day yesterday, even got some weights and floor stuff in, crunches and stuff, so I'm a little sore this morning but it feels good. Also got my treadmill in this morning so back on track! Going out to dinner with friends tonight, but I've already logged in what I plan to eat and it fits very nicely. It feels very good to be prepared! Good luck on your challenges this weekend, I'll be cheering you on and following you here as I sit at my desk.

Friday,

1200-1400 cals 1220, 1328,1260, 1230, 1120
80 oz water64 oz, 40 oz , 64 oz, 80 oz, 64 oz
Treadmill T-Th-Sat T-N, Th-N
5000 steps on non TM days 3491, 3891, 4293, 4896, Almost! 2191
8000 steps on TM days
Weights and Floor Exercises at least 3 times.No, No, No,No, but tonight!F-Yes!
Post here every day Yes, Yes,Yes, Yes,Yes

Have a great Saturday!

Julie
Old 02-04-2012, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Friday Report

Didn't go over in carbs deliberately. Didn't have computer access in the evening and forgot the ham steak had carbs. Also didn't get in my protein shake and flaxmeal that I use to up my protein intake, bring down my sat fat%, and help lower my cholesterol/triglycerides.

Calorie limit 1600 daily 1571, Guessing around 2200, 1518, 1572, 1269
Net carbs limit 25g daily 22.3g, Don't know--way up there, exactly 25g, 24.7g, 27.2g
Fiber target 25g average 33g, Likely not enough, 27g, 25g, 14g
Protein target 120g average 121g, Maybe 80g, 135g, 161g, almost made it at 119g
Saturated fat average 12% or less 11%, Don't know, 12%, 11%, 13g
Cholesterol average 300mg or less 171mg, I'm sure that one was a green number, 285mg, 288mg, 202mg

Veggies/fruit 5 servings per day YES, YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off, YES
Water 60 oz. YES, NO, YES, NO, NO-forgot

Something wonderful--it's Saturday.

Last edited by Mern; 02-04-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

Luv, thanks for your encouragement. Family birthdays are hard on our ways of eating. I saw your "confession" in white. Big hug to ya--happens to all of us from time to time. I'm working on my triglycerides, too--have brought them way down, but they're still above normal. Doc was happy in September--hoping to see more improvement at the end of February. Kudos on your walking. Hoping you make the 210, but if not, we'll know you tried. I saw 212 on the scale one day last week, but I've been eating ham and not getting in my water, so I'm carrying extra water weight from sodium.

Terri, well, a moving in date is a perfect anniversary as it signifies such a big committment. Congrats on 7 years! Your Thursday report is mahvelous, dahling. Don't let that teeny scale increase get to ya--probably just a scale fluctuation. Well, you're still in the running. I'm gonna specifically pray the other lady decides on a different job. Obviously it had to be something minor the other applicant had over you or else they wouldn't have offered you the job if she declines. Doesn't mean she's superior to you. Aw, it's hard to keep one's chin up with the pressure you're under, but you can do it. Our minds can play tricks on us telling us stuff like working out doesn't help. It's just temptation to slack off as a means of self-comfort playing with our heads. Hope you avoided the cramping and get in some fun disc golf.

Darlene, hh, I remember your anniversary is the 15th. My mind just burped as I didn't associate the anniversary dinner with the DAY of your anniversary.

Julie, great Thursday and Friday reports. I did enjoy my day off, thanks.

Mike, I won't be on much this weekend, but I will do my best to keep plugging away at the same goals I have during the week.

We're trying to cut down on expenses to save up for resurfacing our driveway and replacing our front door and electricity is a biggie, so we're going to be trying to figure out our minimum necessary computer time; turn the furnace thermostat to 60 degrees in cold weather while the grandkids are at school; only watch TV between 8PM and 11PM at night; unplug electricity hogs when not in use (except put the computer on power saver--can't unplug it because we have digital phone through the cable company) , spend money only on necessities. Also will be giving up eating out for a savings of maybe $20 per week, give up driving to the Y and exercise at home for a savings of $30 per month because DH and I go separately--our free time for exercise just doesn't coincide. I thought I could log my food and catch up with the posts in an hour but that didn't happen today. Maybe I'll try an hour and a half per day because this group is too important for me to give up entirely.

Last edited by Mern; 02-04-2012 at 04:31 AM.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

Look at me, posting on the weekend! Just a quick post for updates as BF and I are going to go to disc golf this afternoon. But big hugs to all and thanks for the encouragement. I'm out of my little funk over the job -- hopefully, the other girl decides to take another one, OR, I find something even better! There's that saying about closing a door and opening a window -- trying to remember it

Mern: Thanks for the congrats on the anniversary! We don't make too big of a deal about it anymore. We were celebrating his new job more than our togetherness, but hey, it's still a celebration!

I didn't work out Friday -- I made a conscious decision not to do so, so it wasn't laziness. I decided I didn't want to really cramp up my right leg, as happens sometimes, and that I'd rather look at my numbers after disc golf and work out on Sunday. So there! I will MAKE those four hours!!

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500. No single day over 1600. Weekly average around 1300. M: 1816 T: 1,398 W: 1,309 Th: 1,300 F: 1,129 (Week Average: 1,390)
2) Exercise 3 times this week. M: Yes, 48 minutes T: yes, 20 minutes W: yes, 45 minutes Th: NoF: No (Total: 1 H, 53 M)
3) Calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -621 T: -656 W: -1,024 Th: -512 F: -804 (Week Total: -3,617)
4) Water between 64-80 oz. daily. More is better M: 96 T: 88 W: 72 Th: 64 F: 64
5) Protein between 25-30% average for the week. M: 19% T: 24% W: 25% Th: 28% F: 38% (Week Average: 26.8%)
6) No more than 2 lunches and 1 dinner out for the week M: Dinner out T: No eating out W: Dinner out Th: No eating out F: No eating out
7) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Yes T: yes W: yes Th: No F: No
8) Weigh in Monday and Friday and post weight here M: 158.9 F: 160.7
9) Cook one new recipe this week M: Not yet T: not yet W: No Th: No F: No

Other Life Goals

1) Clean one room every day, no excuses M: Rooms were clean - did a load of laundry instead! T: Kitchen W: Bedroom Th: No F: Kitchen (again)
2) Call my grandmother M: No - e-mailed her, though T: No, though more e-mailing W: No Th: No F: yes!
3) Clean out the car M: No T: No W: No Th: No F: No
4) Write something wonderful that happened to ME every day (I tend to report things happening to others, haha!) M: I got support here on the forums when I needed it AND I got my workout in! T: Thought out fridge was kaput, turned out it wasn't! W: Anniversary!!! Th: Pretty crappy day, but I taught a good class F: Was able to find a handful of new jobs to apply to next week.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:47 AM
FitDay Member

Sneaking on because I caught DH watching football when the TV was supposed to be off. We already suck at this TV and computer curbing to save on the electric bill. LOL

Terri, great job Friday! Congrats on being out of your funky mood over the job which is "To be or not to be." Yup, just leave a window open... Hooray on your outlook on the exercise! Big hug to ya!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Today I tarted off with 3 donuts, haven't had anything since. I need to eat some real food. The weather is nasty so I've been tuck inside, being lazy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.