Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Check-in

Health:

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,659, 1,412, 2,117
2. Water 100 oz daily. 100+, 100, 100+, 64
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,228, -1,053, -839, -58 (total -3,178)
4. Protein 25% or higher. 36%, 22%, 22%, 21%
5. Workout 6 hours. 75 min, 60 min, 98 min, 0 min (total 3:53)
7. Steps on the pedometer 10,000 daily. 14,203, 4,464, 21,129, 9,202
8. Log and report in daily INCLUDING WEEKENDS. Y,Y,Y,Y
9. Take measurements on 2/1/12. Tomorrow. Cannot find the stupid tape measure. Y
10. Weigh and post daily. 165.8, 163.2, 162, 161.8, 163.4

Other Stuff:

1. Call mom about babysitting Friday night. N,N,Y
2. Housework 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY,YY,YY
3. Finish rabbit cage and start 2 more. Painted and bought plywood. Painted some more. N,N
4. Plan Girl Scout calendar for February. N,N,N,N
5. Order GS badges. N,N,N,N
6. Keep spending to a min. $168.25, $76.64, $20, $4.80 (total $273.79)
7. Send in prescriptions. BOO-YAH!!!

Well yesterday went okay, I know it doesn't look it from my red numbers, but if I can get through a chocolate party with only 2,117 calories that my friends is one for the WIN column. I didn't make any of the peanut butter confections, that would have been asking for it. And when we got finished most of the chocolate was gone, and all but a few of the pretzel rods I love so much were gone as well. So it wasn't the complete train wreck it could have been and I think all the kids had fun and learned something too. I didn't work out yesterday, but we have ski club tonight (hopefully). It's been really warm here the last couple of days, so I don't know if there will actually be any snow to speak of, fingers crossed because it's an insane workout.

As much as I would love to sit here and chat, the munchkins must be taken to school.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-03-2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report

Calorie limit 1600 daily 1571, Guessing around 2200, 1518, 1572
Net carbs limit 25g daily 22.3g, Don't know--way up there, exactly 25g, 24.7g
Fiber target 25g average 33g, Likely not enough, 27g, 25g
Protein target 120g average 121g, Maybe 80g, 135g, 161g
Saturated fat average 12% or less 11%, Don't know, 12%, 11%
Cholesterol average 300mg or less 171mg, I'm sure that one was a green number, 285mg, 288mg

Veggies/fruit 5 servings per day YES, YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES, YES, scheduled day off
Water 60 oz. YES, NO, YES, NO

Something wonderful: had a rare weekday day off child care duty and treated myself to a day off housework except for decluttering the computer desk and rolltop desk.
Old 02-02-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning, buddies! I took a day off from reading and posting yesterday. Just skimmed the thread to pick up a bit of what was going on yesterday and posts that were directly addressed to me. Kudos to those of you doing well and big hugs to you who are struggling.

Darlene, that is so ROMANTIC that DH took you to a restaurant that was out of his comfort zone! Kudos to you on saving up room in your food goals for the dinner. How was it and what did you have? Did the chef come to meet you before cooking for you and did he/she know it was your anniversary? I hope you DID enjoy your dinner guilt-free. Can't be guilty if you have no control, and you certainly wouldn't want to hurt DH's or the chef's feelings by not enjoying a full meal. There are exceptions to clean eating--not like you do indulge yourself on a regular basis. I, too, love that this group almost always starts my day out with a chuckle.

Julie, thanks for your enouragement on my returning to the wagon.

Luv, I'm mostly a "dump and taste" cook--only time I really follow a recipe is for baking. My Mom was that way, too--when I was on my own she could only tell me what ingredients she put in her dishes, but not how much. It's hard for me to find a good balance between reading and posting. I'm behind a whole day in both. I, too, get both fun and inspiration from this group. I told a friend yesterday that if it weren't for the inspiration and encouragement of this group, I'd still be at my highest weight with several health issues unaddressed.

Lizzie, sorry your first flaxmeal muffins didn't turn out well, but I'm glad to learn it wasn't my recipe that failed you. Like I said, though, the texture of flaxmeal muffins is usually a bit heavier and moist than regular muffins, but I really do enjoy them. I almost cheated yesterday with my grandson's chocolate snack cakes, but then I remembered I had two chocolate flaxmeal muffins in the freezer. I take off the paper muffin/cupcake liner first before warming it in the microwave for a few seconds, and that warming deeply enhances the flavor. I hope you find a way to enjoy flaxmeal. In my opinion, flaxmeal is an acquired taste, but I love it and eat it daily. I often:
-- mix it with yogurt
--or mix a couple tablespoons into a raw beaten egg and add half a packet of artificial sweetener and cook it in a skillet as a flaxmeal pancake
--or mix flaxmeal, flavored whey protein powder and water and microwave it for a minute and it comes out tasting sort of like flavored hot oatmeal. It thickens a lot in the microwave. If too thick, just add milk or water to thin it.

Last edited by Mern; 02-03-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:23 AM
FitDay Member

Arrow Thurs FitDay Challenge Check-In

FitDay Challenge
Check-In: Mon -Tues - Wed - Thurs
Daily = x6 wkly . . . Cushion Day (R & R: Relaxed & Responsible) = SUN

<*> FRI MISSION <*> 64 oz Water
*^*Thurs Mission*^* 3 mile walk -> Mission Accomplished!

FIT
FOCUS {1} *Audio Bible (10 Chapt.) = Yes

INTAKE {2}
*Veg (4 servings Low Carb daily) = Yes x3 - No x1 [3 serv]

*Water (32 oz daily)= Yes x3 - No x1 [28 oz]

TRAIN {2}
*Aerobic (150") = 140"
*Pedometer (12 mile) = 10.2 mi
*Strength Training = ON HOLD 'til back is better.

[B]DAY[/B] - wkly /// Will Tally At End of WK
DAZZLE *Clean/Declutter (FlyLady Zones - 1' 15") =
ADMINISTRATE *Paper Trail (25") =
YARD (Outside) *Clean (20") =

.................................................. ...................
Comments for later
Old 02-03-2012, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Lizards13
I tried to make muffins with flaxmeal but I'm sorry to say they were inedible, really weird texture and totally no taste, I just know I went terribly wrong somewhere.
I have made just regular muffins (basic muffin recipe from Joy of Cooking) and added flax seed and protein powder to them, and they turn out pretty well, my kids will even eat them. Mern's are GF which is a whole new cooking arena, and it does take some experimenting and practice to get the hang of. For the record all GF baking turns out heavier and moister (at first) than baking with wheat flour.

Last edited by almeeker; 02-03-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:55 AM
FitDay Premium Member

It's a pretty quiet morning for this chatty group.
Soooo the weekend is coming up. Is everyone ready to hitch up their panties and maintain the goals for the next 2 days???

I believe I will hit my exercise goal on Saturday , so if anyone else wants to match my 13.2 miles come on along.

Kidding aside, you all know what to do. Keep your eyes on the prize - and I don't mean the double chocolat, cream-filled cake.

I'll be heading off to Death Valley later this morning. For those of you who have never been there it is hauntingly beautiful. Winter is definitely the time to visit, but spring can be stunning if it is a good rain year and the wildflowers are blooming. The race is an out and back on a paved road with vistas you can get lost in. Since it is small race there will be times when I will be by myself which is a good thing when I get lost in my thoughts and not such a good thing when I forget that this is a race , the object of which is to run as fast as you can.

Old 02-03-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Julie ~ You & I are both working on that water! Overall it looks like you're doing pretty good. I'm working my way up to 64 oz daily. I used to do great with water intake, then digressed in a major way. Good going for you! I bet you can avoid further frowns.

Tori ~ Big Hugs to you. You're in a very tough spot.

Mike ~ I'm late, but here now. So here's to you on your 3 miles -->

Mern ~ GO GREEN! Yeah -- I usually change something to a recipe for variety of reasons. I like your idea of fixing something such as chocolate flaxmeal muffins & eating that instead of other stuff. Yesterday was my dd's BD. YIKES!!!!! I'm 'fraid now that I won't meet my 210 lb goal this coming wk. I did extra walking, but still . . .

almeeker ~ Now you're inspiring me. I'll need to do some baking & freeze muffins to have handy.

---------------------------------------

Oh man!!! In white -> Confession.

I ate choc. cake yesterday with icing. I didn't go as overboard as I would have in the past, but still I see my triglycerides flying through the roof -- more than they are already. I walked total of 4 miles, but food wise was very good up until evening meal with hamburger -- actually 1/4 pounder & cake.

I did put extra lettuce in my sandwich. (Meekly said.)

Now to get the remainder of chocolate cake out of my face & hidden.

OK -- Now time to focus on the remainder of my day.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks to everyone for the excitement for BF We're excited too!

Mern: Well, our anniversary is a funny thing. It's actually kind of an arbitrary date. We have no idea when we first started "dating" as our relationship evolved from a long-distance friendship. It's 7 years since he moved in with me on February 1st, so we count that as our anniversary date, even though we were dating before that. So -- 7 years!! Great job bouncing back after your "red" day.

mh: Bodies AND jeans are strange creatures. Even different brands can be cut differently for different markets. You know you lost, who cares what American Eagle tells your body to look like???

Darlene: Lol, it's because I look geeky most of the time, and a water bottle will fool everyone. Just kidding, of course. I'm a skeptic, it's part of my science curse, so I'm slow to accept new information coming out. That's all.

Mike: I...would be happy about being dirty, but not in the flies-on-my-butt sort of way!! Great job on your policies!!

Tori: Sorry about your phone call. Rest of my response in white: I'm not sure what I'd do in the same situation... I do know that when BF gets angry the best thing to do is just let him cool off and bring it up. He doesn't do well with being compared to others, either (maybe it's a guy thing) so when I know he's acting a certain way because of experience, if he's mad (for instance, he gets mad more often when unemployed because he feels useless) I can't say "I've seen you act this way before" or "I know you're just frustrated, a lot of guys go through this" because he flips out and tells me not to compare. So, if I'm going to say something like that, I do it later after he's initially calmed down. If he's getting frustrated/mad I tend to just commisserate with him at the time, even if he's picking a fight, apologize, whatever, and then wait until he's calmed down to say "Hey, I know we were arguing earlier, and I feel like you might be extra-frustrated because of your job situation. I want you to know I understand, and I empathize, but I don't think it's okay to take it out on me." I know it can sound like talk you'd do with a therapist, but it helps us a lot, ESPECIALLY if CN is the sort of guy BF is and has trouble dealing with more than one emotion at a time (Men can be simple creatures....).

Weekly Goals

Food, Exercise, Lifestyle Goals

1) Keep calories between 1200 and 1500. No single day over 1600. Weekly average around 1300. M: 1816 T: 1,398 W: 1,309 Th: 1,300 (Week Average: 1,455)
2) Exercise 3 times this week. M: Yes, 48 minutes T: yes, 20 minutes W: yes, 45 minutes Th: No (Total: 1 H, 53 M)
3) Calorie deficit of 5000 calories M: -621 T: -656 W: -1,024 Th: -512 (Week Total: -2,813)
4) Water between 64-80 oz. daily. More is better M: 96 T: 88 W: 72 Th: 64
5) Protein between 25-30% average for the week. M: 19% T: 24% W: 25% Th: 28% (Week Average: 24%)
6) No more than 2 lunches and 1 dinner out for the week M: Dinner out T: No eating out W: Dinner out Th: No eating out
7) In bed by 11:30 every night M: Yes T: yes W: yes Th: No
8) Weigh in Monday and Friday and post weight here M: 158.9 F: 160.7
9) Cook one new recipe this week M: Not yet T: not yet W: No Th: No

Other Life Goals

1) Clean one room every day, no excuses M: Rooms were clean - did a load of laundry instead! T: Kitchen W: Bedroom Th: No
2) Call my grandmother M: No - e-mailed her, though T: No, though more e-mailing W: No Th: No
3) Clean out the car M: No T: No W: No Th: No
4) Write something wonderful that happened to ME every day (I tend to report things happening to others, haha!) M: I got support here on the forums when I needed it AND I got my workout in! T: Thought out fridge was kaput, turned out it wasn't! W: Anniversary!!! Th: Pretty crappy day, but I taught a good class
5) Make an effort on my appearance every day! M: yes T: I looked smokin' yesterday W: meh Th: yes

Sorry if I didn't catch up with everyone. I'm fighting really hard to try and stay in a good mood today. Wednesday and Thursday were very very busy.

Got bad news on Thursday -- the job I'd been hoping for? I'm #2. They offered the job to #1. She's asked to defer her decision until the end of Februay pending a couple of other interview she has (she must be a hot ticket, heh). They let me know that if she decides against the position they'd be happy to offer it immediately to me as they think I'd be a great fit for the department as well, there were just "a lot of factors" in the decision (whatever that means). So it's not a rejection, it's just a "You're not quite as good as #1 but still we think you'd be good in the department."

I'm not sure what to think about it. On the one hand, I'm glad that they're comfortable enough in hiring me that they will should she decide to accept a position elsewhere. On the other hand, it's kind of annoying to be #2. I'm trying not to think about it and just move on. I can't sit on my hands waiting for someone else to decide my fate, as it were, so I'm just going to act like it's off the table, and if I get another e-mail with an offer, great.

I was pretty disappointed yesterday, but I was forced to snap out of it because I had to teach (and I actually taught a great class) but I'm still a little out of sorts today. Just trying to push through my own disappointment. It'd be easier if I had more nibbles. It was really compounded this morning, funnily enough, when I got up on the scale and am up about 2 lbs. I'm sore from working out hard this week, so it's likely just water weight, but my ego is a little fragile right now. It feels like my body is telling me that working out = weight gain so I might as well go back to being lazy, since that seems to work. I know that's not true and I am still gunning for my 4 hour goal this week, but I'm just out of sorts.

I didn't work out on Thursday because I got home at about 8:45 after teaching and BF had made dinner. I needed the night off anyway. Still sore this morning (Friday). I will try to work out tonight though if I'm not cramping. And I'm still planning on disc golf Saturday if the weather holds.

~Terri

Last edited by taubele; 02-03-2012 at 03:11 AM. Reason: coding errors
Old 02-03-2012, 03:22 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Pam ~ Thanks for the challenge.

I'm thinking about the weekend & figuring out what goal to have that corresponds with yours. I'll be back later.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:27 AM
FitDay Member

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the advice and support. CN and I talked last night, well first we fought then we talked, and while everything still isn't perfect it's in a much better state today. I'll update more later, for now I'm going to force food into my body and try and get caught up on work. Catch y'all later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.