Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/30/12

Old 01-31-2012, 06:39 PM
FitDay Member

Amy Her name is kaya she was only 4 weeks in the pics I posted last night she is 8 weeks now and has a ridiculous amount of hair she is an eskimo/pom mix and has a great little personality. I am sure your Christmas weight will just fall off also, mine seriously was being very difficult for 3 weeks then just decided it was done with me. Oh my I am laughing and sharing your dd bunny story with my dd.

Xyzst That’s a whole lot of computer issues at once I hope you can one or both fixed soon.

Mern My cats are not so impressed today but the puppy really likes are youngest cat I hope they will be friends soon.

Kim Wish I had a suggestion to help with insomnia but I suffer alongside you and have yet to have much success in overcoming it, but I sympathize with you there is nothing worse than that walking through your day while asleep feeling.

Terri Throw out that water bottle and buy a good quality reusable one sheesh a scientist and yet your drinking leached carcinogens like deha and bpa, unless you now something I don’t maybe it’s a scam to get me to but more water bottles my hubby’s always looking for the conspiracy theory. Oh my that’s seriously the worst bird and bee story I have ever heard.

Tori Yeah on a good nights sleep.

April You and your family are in my prayers.

Julie great job on avoiding the treats.

Quinn I love your mom story my grandma used to love chicken mcnuggets and she would also order the kids meal because four nuggets were more than enough for anyone you now those people ordering six are just being greedy, I miss my grandma and her ability to tell it like it is.

Mike Stop with the milli vanilli you now they are just lipsinc geniuses not musicians right lets just leave them in the 80’s were they belong.

You guys are a bunch of standup comedians today I kept hitting the page number eager to see who was up next. While I got a lot of extra steps in today housebreaking a puppy she’s pretty good but I have had her down the stairs and out in the yard every hour I am hoping she sleeps all night. My dd made her a scrapbook page already I chuckled I will try to post some pics of her now she has fur she’s still pretty cute.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=3.1k, T=6.2k
Exercise 5 days: M=walk, T=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=N, T=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=N, T=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1183, T=1309
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-689, T=-702
No sugar: M=N(cinnamon hearts), T=Y
Old 01-31-2012, 07:11 PM
FitDay Member

phpDK1xf8PM.jpg
This morning when we went to get her.

php2gaClpPM.jpg
Walking up to her new home.

phpyl3dcwPM.jpg
Meeting our old dog Lucky (she was lucky we kept her, she's a dalmation/lab x and she has some issues but we love her anyways.)

We have named her Kaya she is an 8 week old american eskimo/pom cross she should grow to be 15 to 18 lbs and 15-20" tall and I promised her I will never put her in silly dog clothes or put pink bows in her hair. This is my first small dog hubby and kids have always been about the large dogs so this little guy will be raised like hes a big dog
Old 01-31-2012, 10:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
the only thing we can blame it on is this. Rob'nFabfo'eva!!!!!!! Were any of us really surprised when we found out they were lip syncing????
You're right it was waaaay too good to be true, we should have known from the get-go it was a hoax.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Check-in

Health:

1. Calories 1,400 M-Th & Sun, 1,600 F&S. 1,400, 1,659
2. Water 100 oz daily. 100+, 100
3. Calorie deficit 5,000. -1,228, -1,053 (total -2,281)
4. Protein 25% or higher. 36%, 22%
5. Workout 6 hours. 75 min. 60 min (total 2:15)
7. Steps on the pedometer 10,000 daily. 14,203, 4,464
8. Log and report in daily INCLUDING WEEKENDS. Y,Y
9. Take measurements on 2/1/12. Tomorrow. Cannot find the stupid tape measure.

10. Weigh and post daily. 165.8, 163.2, 162
Other Stuff:

1. Call mom about babysitting Friday night. N,N
2. Housework 30 minutes daily + 1 load of laundry. YY, YY
3. Finish rabbit cage and start 2 more. Painted and bought plywood. Painted some more.
4. Plan Girl Scout calendar for February. N,N
5. Order GS badges. N,N
6. Keep spending to a min. $168.25, $76.64 (total $244.99) Not doing well on this one here.
7. Send in prescriptions. BOO-YAH!!!

Yesterday looks like a complete failure, but I swear it wasn't. I did go over calories, but didn't realize it until this morning when I remembered a few things that I forgot to log yesterday, good grief. Had I known that last night I would have made a better choice for dinner. I'm sort of muzzy headed lately, the snow has melted which puts leaf mold into the air and makes my sinuses double in size, ugh.

I've discovered that I do not like Stevia, I used it last night and this morning and it's awful, like "throw it out and start over without sweetener" awful. And there you have it, the opinion of a fat-chick who is NOT, and has never been, a fussy eater. That box is going in the trash where it belongs.

Anyway today promises to be pretty good. I have to go over to mom and dad's this morning and tonight I have a long brisk walk planned with my work out partner, but nothing crazy. Maybe I'll get another coat of paint on the rabbit cage this afternoon.

Alright Terri, are you making some headway in the exercise department? Because by this time tomorrow I'll be to 3 hours 15 minutes, possibly more. So drag your butt off the couch, or you and BF will be in Drag and posted forever on the internet. Although if you don't make it, I'm going to be mighty amused by a short Larry the Cable guy standing arm in arm with a rather tall Mimi.

Darlene, oh my goodness what a sweet little ball of fluff!!! Makes me want a puppy in the worst way. Although I have to say she still looks like a polar bear cub, and I love the name Kaya.

Sorry about your computer issues xyzst, that sucks big time. We seem to have our share too, mostly because DH is an IT guy at his office. We have some insane protection software, that I think causes more problems than it prevents.

Mike, great job at the gym!!! 245 is about what the 2 youngest DD's and I weigh together. Pretty amazing. So when you can't get to the gym you should just get all the kiddos to climb on your back for a pony ride. That would be hilarious.

Hey Mern, good morning to you. I'm thinking about trying one of your muffin recipes today. I went to the health food store yesterday to pick up some garbanzo bean flour and saw "black bean flour" right next to it and thought of you.

Quinn, when I was in college my best friend and I used to drive through McD's to get the cheeseburger happy meal, because it was cheap and silly (sort of like us). We had a whole collection of toys, mine were lined up on the top edge of my drafting board. The toys are long gone now but I still keep my embroidery floss in a plastic happy meal bucket shaped like a pumpkin.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:14 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene,

Your puppy is just too cute. I have a dog that the vet thinks is an Eskimo/Border Collie or Australian Shepard mix. He was about 2 when we rescued him, and I've always wished I could have seen what he would have looked like as a puppy. I told my kids that I wouldn't put him in clothes, but my daughter is always feeling the need to tie a bandana around his neck, and he hates the rain so I gave in got him a rain poncho. Not proud of that, but I've successfully avoided buying any kind of Halloween costumes.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:43 PM
FitDay Member

Stupid 4648734954 machine rebooted int the middle og this post!

sorry fopry tupos but this is total baloney. I lost everythi ngi'd inputted today becaue it rebooted without warning.

\I HATE LAPTOPS!

dcon't look form eon here anymore. i can;t deal with this tiny keyboard and worthless crqp. sorry. bye and thanks for all the dupport.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:04 AM
FitDay Member

Crashed and burned yesterday on cinnamon rolls, chicken pot pie and granola bars. I didn't fight the temptation--it was a choice. I knew at the time I'd have to pay for that choice with a gain or a stall and that it won't do my Feb. 22 blood sugar test any good. Don't need a pep talk. I'm OK. Not going to even try to figure the numbers. Just posting this for accountability.

Calorie limit 1600 daily 1571, Guessing around 2200
Net carbs limit 25g daily 22.3g, Don't know--way up there
Fiber target 25g average 33g, Likely not enough
Protein target 120g average 121g, Maybe 80g
Saturated fat average 12% or less 11%, Don't know
Cholesterol average 300mg or less 171mg, I'm sure that one was "green."

Veggies/fruit 5 servings per day YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Water 60 oz. YES, NO

Blessing: today is a new day.

Last edited by Mern; 02-01-2012 at 12:38 AM.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 AM
FitDay Member

Zyxst, so sorry to see you go! Know that we're here for you if you can find your way back. Big hug to you.
Old 02-01-2012, 12:52 AM
FitDay Member

Monday I was exhausted. Tuesday was better i got some sleep and actually had an okay day. I got to the gym and eat pretty good. Last week I was officially down a 1 pound woohoo!! My goal is 1 per week. so far so good.

Health
1) calorie 1600 or less per day M-YT-Y
2) 64oz water or moreM-YT-Y
3) 5 x cardioM-NT-Y
4) 5 x weightsM-NT-Y
5) eat more fruit and vegetablesM-yT-Y

Life
1) Be positive in my outlook M-y/n?T-soso
2) start a packing list for next weeks tripM-NT-N
3) balance the checkbookM-NT-N
But i did get all my paperwork caught up for work so that's a plus.

Darlene that puppy is sooo cute.

Mern we all have our days when we fall down. Picking ourselves up and getting back on track is key. Good for you for being honest about it.

Almeeker yesterday doesn't look like a complete failure. I see lots of greening with the red.

Tori Wow blast from the past with that song. I actually owned the cassette tape i believe. lol

Mike congrats on the PR for bench press. very nice.

ok gotta rung et ready for work and another day.

Hope you all have a good one

Old 02-01-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Just got a call from my eye doctor saying my vision field test came out great--no further vision loss from glaucoma in the past year. My glaucoma is well under control so I don't have to go back for 6 months.

Amy, although the technician who tested my eye fluid pressure credited my increased omega-3 and exercise with my decrease in fluid pressure, the eye doctor said there is not significant scientific evidence to prove it helps. But she agrees omega-3 can be of great benefit for dry eye syndrome, cholesterol, joints, etc. She gave me the caution on not taking 4000mg without family doctor/primary care physician consent and I told her I already knew that and my family doctor approved of that for me back in September.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.