FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   Doctor's appointment (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6441-doctors-appointment.html)

Wanda51 01-24-2012 04:49 AM

Doctor's appointment

Well today I went to my checkup and for the first time I wasn't afraid to hear what they had to say. My blood pressure was normal, my cholesterol was great and I lost another 8 pounds since last month. I feel great and I'm so glad it's working. To be honest I'm so stoked that I walked a block extra to catch the bus today. :)

daniliebe 01-24-2012 04:58 AM

Sounds like your efforts are paying off big time! Congratulations on the good news. :)

SPAMLEY 01-24-2012 05:34 AM

Well done on the fantastic news. You must be feeling on top of the world. L

almeeker 01-24-2012 05:44 AM

Awesome, keep it up. 8 lbs a month is 96 lbs a year.

wildbeanerz 01-24-2012 07:08 AM

Awesome! Keep up the hard work! It is really paying off. :)

frenchhen3 01-24-2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Wanda51 (Post 69908)
Well today I went to my checkup and for the first time I wasn't afraid to hear what they had to say. My blood pressure was normal, my cholesterol was great and I lost another 8 pounds since last month. I feel great and I'm so glad it's working. To be honest I'm so stoked that I walked a block extra to catch the bus today. :)

Reading about what you are feeling is SO motivating! Thank you so much for sharing your story.

traceymc1985 01-24-2012 09:32 AM

Well Done!! Congratulations- its good to notice that not only can weight loss do wonders for our self esteem and confidence it also has huge benefits to our health which is the most important. I was always big but especially after my first pregnancy and getting involved in a bad relationship. I lost all pride in myself but i met somebody who made me feel a million dollars even though i was reaching 17stone!!!
Anyway what im trying to say i that i didnt put 100% into losing weight until my dad suffered a heart attack (luckily he got through it)!! Then all of a sudden i knew it was time to lose the weight for my health being reason #1- the size 12 jeans that followed were just an added bonus!

Kay_in_PA 01-24-2012 12:19 PM

Fantastic reminder of why you are doing this! Keep up the good work.

crazigerl 01-24-2012 03:20 PM

Way to go, feels like walking on clouds doesn't it.

Rubystars 01-27-2012 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Wanda51 (Post 69908)

Congratulations Wanda. Your posts are so inspiring to me!