Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-29-2012, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Tori, Jas is lovely.

Mike, awesome job on the walk. I'm busting my hump today on reports so I can get out tomorrow.

Julie, nice job this week. I hear you about tax season; hubby's a CPP and says there are two seasons: October to April and April to October. I finally moved my business taxes over to an accountant this year instead of piling it on him. Enjoy your productive Sunday; it is nice to catch up without the phone ringing and people walking in, I imagine.

I am in quite a munchy mood this afternoon and I need to put the brakes on pronto. Could be the fresh air and exercise yesterday, or it could be stress and lack of willpower, hmm. I was going to do a homemade pot pie at the guys' request but I dodged that due to limited time today...now they are talking going out for Mexican, so I could still be in a danger zone. I may need someone to get that whip out on me.
Old 01-29-2012, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. I hope you get it all done today!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It's an energy gel. It's like sucking down a pack of honey.
That stuff is DISGUSTING!!! And I'm a fat chick, who will eat darn near anything. They were passing out samples of it at Sam's Club, and no lie I took one lick and was literally face down over the garbage can trying to scratch the flavor off my tongue.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
I'm glad your bunnies showed well, Amy. Though usually when I hear the words "males" and "body to die for" in the same sentence, it's not referring to bunnies. Do you have the Fabio of the bunny world?
No he's not a "Fabio", more like "Ferrigno" compacted down to Danny Davito size, he's short, tight and compact, nothing but muscle from shoulder to hock (also not particularly easy on the eye). Usually you can grab a rabbit by it's scruff (the loose skin right behind it's ears), but this guy is so solid you really can't get hold of anything. We'll see, we're taking a bit of a gamble on him, but he's strong where our doe is weak, it could make for beautiful babies - or perfectly hideous ones. He's also incredibly sweet and placid and poses beautifully, the girls are already sort of squabbling over who gets to use him for showmanship.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:40 AM
FitDay Member

Amy I will take your advice and remain ignorant on the use and storage of bacon grease I have lived 44 years without it I will keep using my olive oil. Lol at your male bunny description I reread it to make sure I was reading about a bunny.

Mern I buy an organic spinach noodle that has 25 net carbs per serving its more than you normally have all day but as a treat it may work and should be easy to find.

Tori Wow you look awesome! congratulations.jpg

Mike I hope you can work through those aches and pains. You are making it hard for me to be lazy today I haven’t walked yet but I will so far this week I am at 24.1k or 14.9m so yes your ahead right now.

Kim That’s crappy dental luck I hope you can get in for an appointment soon.

Cassie In Canada we put an “L” on kids cars when they are learning to drive and all this tailgating talk got me thinking about how I seen the worse driving etiquette when I was teaching the kids to drive and the “L” was posted on the car, do you have a similar system .

I am off to walk I need to at least try to catch Mike and I need to burn off the 120 calories of British fruit chews I ate at church this morning, hey when a kid brings you candy from another country you have to eat it, right it's polite.

Last edited by dar n; 01-29-2012 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:44 AM
FitDay Member

Tori My congratulations was supposed to me much larger I really am not good at this computer stuff, but here's a huge congratulations to you!
Old 01-29-2012, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Responding from pages way back through today . . .

Mern ~ In response to many pages back: Yup! I do love certain veggies, but it's the low carb (Non-starch) veggies that have me challenged still. I'm gradually working on my like list. The dietician at last visit suggested I think Orange & Green, although at this point she's putting me on a regular, 1800 Calorie eating plan that follows the pyramid. My goal is that as time goes on, I eat 5 serving of veggies daily. 4 out of 5 servings being the Low Carb veggies. She gave me a list of veggies that I'll be trying. Just discovered that squash such as Zucchini counts as Low Carb veggie! I like squash!

Mern, You are so rockin' on your goals. I'm so impressed with how you're progressing!

kimbur ~ So good to see you progressing.

connect1 ~ Hope your vacation is going well.

Darlene ~ Thanks for all the encouragement that you're giving me. I so appreciate it. I looked up those Scripture references - so true. I especially love Philippians where it talks about "shine like the starts" -- a reason for keeping onward. Thank you so much for sharing those verses with me.

ma2828 ~ Welcome! I'm not sure that I welcomed you - so here is my virtual Hello -> You look well focused on your goals.

Tracey ~ Are you in full recovery now?

Kay ~ How about you as well? Are you feeling better?

Mike ~ I just keep chuckling at your poor expense. I keep picturing your dog & your shoes. I truly am sorry that happened to you.

Your post about your excuses & willpower is truly inspiring to me. I twisted my back last week with exercise (I should have known better), and am working to return to going back to exercise. I'm going to try to walk today.
I saw this smiley & thought of you, Mike ->
---------------------------------------------------
I feel like I'm fighting to keep focus with goals this week with my twisted/pulled back. Reading through posts here helps me to regain focus. I'm going to need to just see how much walking I can get in & forgoe (spell?) specific goals. I'll see if I can handle at least 1 mile per day & if at all possible more. My back was getting better, then yesterday I had to do some lifting.

I really hope that I will do what I need to do this week to keep crunching those numbers. I'm going back to simple. (Part of being flexible that is hard for me. I don't like changing midstream.

FOCUS: Bible (10 chapt. total) = Done

INTAKE: Veggies (4 servings non-starch) = Not met everyday, but had a min. of 2 servings daily. This coming wk need to work on eve meal veggies and/or work on 3 servings veggies at noon.

TRAIN: Walk (as much as my back handles it & gets better. I must remember not to bounce at this point). = Will be back with specifics. This was very minimum this last week d/t back.

DAY --> Household Management -- Also revisiting these goals.
DAZZLE: Clean/Declutter -- Follow FlyLady Zones.
ADMINISTRATE: Paper Trail -- Need to get paper stuff under control.
YARD: Will keep this really simple such as porch/sidewalk care.

------------------------Now I'm thinking that it's hard for me to re-wrap my mind around a Thurs thru Wed week. For years I've planned my week with a concept of Mon thru Sun week - just like this thread. Sooooooo . . . I'll be setting afresh tomorrow.

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-29-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:04 AM
FitDay Member

Tori~ I meant to send your something special for all your hard work!

Can't you just picture yourself dancing on top the piano? Way to go girl!

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-29-2012 at 12:10 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-29-2012, 10:13 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Tori~ I meant to send you something special for all you hard work!

Can't you just picture yourself dancing on top the piano? Way to go girl!
oohhh lordy! This white girl don't dance (unless very intoxicated). But thanks!!!!

Darlene-Big thanks to you too! I seriously wasn't going to do before and after pics, but I was so completely shocked that I just had to.

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-29-2012 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv, thanks for your encouragement on my good week. That's great that you're gravitating more toward the low carb veggies. I love any kind of squash, too, especially if I can add a bit of cinnamon to it. So sorry about your twisted/pulled back and so glad to read that our posts are helping you stay focused. I hope the walking does you some good--just take it easy when you do it. Bad backs totally suck! Strict or flexible is a call only you can make. Best wishes on that. You're doing great so far! Keep up the good work!

Mike, I hope your foot feels better soon. Aw, geez, your back, too! On the tailgating stories, all I can say is: oh my Lord--you're a brave soul! LOL Yeah, lucky neither had a gun! Yeah, I watched the PUK--I couldn't move like that if my life depended on it. LOL OMG, your willpower is incredible! Congrats on the miles you did again today!!! I'll bet your body will thank you for NOT adding the workout to the miles today.

Darlene, thanks for the tip on the spinach noodles but I found online and ordered my 5g net carb dried Dreamfields Lasagna noodles this afternoon. Ordered three boxes of it plus three boxes of their elbow macaroni (also not carried at grocery stores near me) and a Miracle Noodle shirataki pasta to try--all for a flat shipping fee of $4.99. So that made the shipping more worthwhile. Enjoy walking off the candy. Yeah, you can't insult a kid by not taking that.

Kim, come wash MY car! It's really in need of a good wash after our last snow and mud puddles. Hope you got in your nap and the gym. Oh, your dental woes really do suck! Aw, thanks for your kind words on DH's heart tests. And I'm so glad that you're encouraged by our posts, here. It always makes me feel good to know I said something to encourage someone or make them feel better. Thanks for the hug and right back at ya!

Cassie, thanks for your words of encouragement. I'm gonna be about 1.7g carbs over at the end of the day but it will all be nutritious food--no junk. The overage is from pineapple and cantaloupe I substituted in place of hash browns at brunch out with live-in GD. And I brought home my bread for DH or GD to eat. So I won't feel the least bit guilty about a little 1.7g overage. How'd your son do in his driving today? I hope you are able to hang onto your willpower with the munchies and possible Mexican. I'm lucky to have cold leftover skinless chicken breast and sliced cucumber in the fridge in case I get the munchies later today.

Tori, major kudos to you on your current healthful breakfast as opposed to McD's! Glad your dinner turned out so well and that you will get in exercise, too. You accomplished a lot with "no whip."

Julie, great that you were able to sleep in a bit and then get in your exercise. Hope your workday was easier than expected. OMG, you did a SUPER job this week on your goals! Congratulations on a job well done!

Last edited by Mern; 01-29-2012 at 10:19 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.