Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-29-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, wow, you have every right to be proud of your fantastic 42.6 lb. weight loss. Your hard work really does show in the cell phone picture Major kudos to you!

Amy, I got caught up this morning on the posts and am now having a hard time KEEPING up. LOL I told myself I'll get off when there are no more new posts between my last two. Yeah, like that'll happen. Nice that DH took the DDs skiing and you got some work done. Sounds like the bunny showing trip was worth it since your brought Alfie home.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:38 AM
FitDay Member

Tori, I'm a middle lane Interstate driver, so don't usually get tailgated there. I get tailgated on our township and county roads. I guess I'm lucky to have an older car with no running lights. Glad you wear your seatbelt now. We had two friends killed in separate accidents when they were thrown from their cars.

Taking live-in DD out for brunch and I'm going to eat ON PLAN--no cheating.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

Ladies, I think that Tori got me with a voodoo doll. My right Achilles tendon feels like it's been pulled.

Originally Posted by kimbur96
you all are some prolific posters. it's going to to take me a while to catch up. I feel like I Love Lucy in the episode where she works at the candy factory and the candies are flying by here faster than she can deal with them..lol. But I'll try to catch up.
Don't worry about it. Tori and I got into a little competition. It quickly turned into a pissing contest and I ended up with a wet shoe.

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, congrats on surpassing your walking goal this week and on your wonderful weight loss this week! I had to laugh at your "brake checking" the guy tailgaiting you. I'm 65 but I'm not one of those old people who drive way under the speed limit--I drive the speed limit. I don't have running lights on my car so if it's daylight and someone is tailgaiting me, I turn on my lights on and off and the tailgater thinks I'm hitting my brakes. Fun to see them drop back a few times as I continue at my same speed. LOL If it's night and I'm driving the speed limit, I'm alone in the car and someone is tailgaiting me, I brake check.

Tori, I love lasagna with hamburger, but I've also had some that used zucchini and onions and it was really delicious.
Y'all are too nice with tailgaters. Depending on my mood and how aggressive the tailgater is, sets my reaction. I don't ever brake check, I don't think they deserve a warning light, I'll pull the e-brake in a hurry though. One time I was coming back from Florida (towing my jet ski) and this b!tch comes running up on my ass, I get over, she get over, still on my ass. I slow down, she stays on my ass. This continues on for miles so I sped back up to 70ish and so do she. I reached in my center console and grab a had full of pennies and toss them up and out my window. They came crashing down on her windshield. You know the fear you get when you are on the interstate and you SEE a rock about to hit your windshield? Imagine her fear. It got her off my ass and on the side of the road. Another time I was coming back from Mandeville (30 miles away), also towing my jet ski. Same situation. This time I had my wife (at the time) a few cars back in her car b/c she met me after getting off of work to go jet skiing. I've got the a$$hole on my ass. I speed up, he speeds up. I slow down and he doesn't go around. I call my ex, tell her to get on side of me, she does. Then I tell her to stay on side on me. I slowed down and so did she. We strolled down the interstate at 25 MPH for nearly 30 MILES!!!!!! We had traffic backed up for MILES! When it was time to get off the exit, she got behind me, the a$$hole got on side of me yelling and screaming, swerving as if he were going to hit me. I pointed to the exit, held up my tire iron and pointed for him to get off at the exit... just in case he wanted to discuss the situation further. BTW those were true stories, luckily for me neither of them had a gun b/c I probably would have been shot.

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
So, I was digging through some pics from this summer and found the pic on the left. Which made me want to cry, because this still wasn't my heaviest. God, the excuses I made!! I'm pleased to say that as of this morning I'm 42.6lbs lighter than I was the first Sunday in November. And I'm even more determined than I was that first day. Because looking at this pic has lit a fire that I don't think can be put out. I REFUSE to go back to that. Absolutely no way no how!! The only current pic I have is this one on the right, taken with my phone and not the best quality (I really need to get some new pics taken, I just hhhhaattee the camera unless I'm behind it) Gaahh, I'm not even sure I had a neck in pic 1......

I was almost going to give you the silent treatment but felt I should give you some props. Great job!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-29-2012 at 03:09 AM.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Super Moderator

I forgot to mention the my back is being a PITA today.

Walking 5-6 miles doesn't take much planning for me, but 10... yes!

Good breakfast? Check. PB&J sammich and a banana.
Body Glide? Check. Got all the important areas done, including feet.
Properly laced PUK (pumped up kicks)? Nope.
Properly laced PUK (pissied up kicks)? Check.
Engery for the walk? Check. Raisins (yuck), GU (yuck) and a protein bar.
Phone & ear buds? Check.
Dog? Nope.

Cost? 2.5 hours of my life, kicking Tori's ass... priceless.

BTW if you've never clicked that link above, do so now and don't forget to pick your jaw up off the ground!

Later ladies!
Old 01-29-2012, 03:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I forgot to mention the my back is being a PITA today.

Walking 5-6 miles doesn't take much planning for me, but 10... yes!

Good breakfast? Check. PB&J sammich and a banana.
Body Glide? Check. Got all the important areas done, including feet.
Properly laced PUK (pumped up kicks)? Nope.
Properly laced PUK (pissied up kicks)? Check.
Engery for the walk? Check. Raisins (yuck), GU (yuck) and a protein bar.
Phone & ear buds? Check.
Dog? Nope.

Cost? 2.5 hours of my life, kicking Tori's ass... priceless.

BTW if you've never clicked that link above, do so now and don't forget to pick your jaw up off the ground!

Later ladies!
hateful

I'm getting ready to head out myself. Energy level is negative 10 though. And what is GU?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Ladies, I think that Tori got me with a voodoo doll. My right Achilles tendon feels like it's been pulled.
**evil laugh** Seriously though, that sucks!
Old 01-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
**evil laugh** Seriously though, that sucks!
It's an energy gel. It's like sucking down a pack of honey.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hey just a quick check in. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who gets lost in the pages and pages of posts. Well i got both cars washed and waxed and am on the fourth load of laundry so I have been pretty productive today. I am thinking a nice little cat nap and then the gym to hit my goal of 5 x week. On a bad note had a filling fall out this morning. Just not my week for dental karma Had a root canal tuesday, that tooth needs the crown replaced and now a filling falls out somewhere else. oh well. It could be worse...anyway

Tori Huge Congrats girl!!! Keep at it. The picture says a thousand words. So proud of you.

Mern Glad you are doing well and DH passed the heart test thats great! Just like you I know the two pounds is water but I'll feel much better when the scales goes back down. Your a great support on this board and I know for me, that even though you don't know me your taking the time to respond to my posts and support me means a lot. So big hugs to you.

Mike I did manage to catch the post about you urinating on your own shoe...lol I refrained from any derogatory comments at sometimes when we go cave diving there are not "facilities" at the site and I have been known to sprinkle outside the planned target area. so I feel your pain. LOL

Almeeker bunny show in a snow storm thats some determination. Glad you guys got there and back safely. Sounds like the girls had a great time.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:38 AM
Super Moderator

I'm glad your bunnies showed well, Amy. Though usually when I hear the words "males" and "body to die for" in the same sentence, it's not referring to bunnies. Do you have the Fabio of the bunny world?

Tori, what did you decide to do for dinner? Your pics...wow! Such a huge difference! I still haven't gotten around to the before and afters. Looks great, girl, keep it up! Can you get a pic of Jas's new pretty nails?

Kimbur, sorry about the filling. I had that happen recently and it's an annoyance, to say the least. Best wishes for good scale news; just keep on keepin' on and the tide will turn.

Mern, I'm so glad you enjoyed your fish Friday night. It's awesome to plan for a treat; you know you're on track the rest of the time so no guilt involved!

Mike, major kudos on your walking! I'm impressed. I wish I had time to do 10 miles today. Think I'll make it a weights day; tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and warm, so that may be my long hike day. I need to make it a priority and the work will be there when I'm done.

I hate tailgaters, too; it's one of my biggest driving pet peeves (although, TBH, all of my driving pet peeves are pretty big). I'm glad I didn't read those stories till after we got home today; took the boy driving again...on real roads again...eep.
Old 01-29-2012, 06:04 AM
FitDay Member

Kimbur-thanks so much! I really didn't know that it had gotten that bad. I was depressed and just didn't care. So sorry about your dental woes!! But impressed at all you've gotten accomplished today. So far I've prepped dinner and got it into the oven. And that's IT!

Cassie-Daddy wanted lasagna, so that's what we're having that. Albeit, not as healthy of a dinner as I would like, I still made the better substitutions where I could. I shopped well, and I don't think it will hurt me horribly today. Besides, AF was wanting it too, so I had to please 2! I hadn't planned on posting before and during pics, but it was one of those "why not" kind of moments. Thanks for the kudos! I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there and it's getting easier. I even reached for an apple for breakfast yesterday **sigh** the fat girl of old is fast becoming a stranger.

As I was driving into work Friday all the cars in front of me kept pulling into McD's and I thought to myself EEWWWWWWWWW! When before, I would have done the same (sometimes twice a week). My breakfast order of old at McD's: 2 sausage biscuits (because they were BOGOF and who can resist a bargain?), 2 orders of hash browns (again, cheaper than buying just one) and a large sweet tea. I'd eat the hash browns on my 30 minute commute, one of the biscuits for "breakfast" (yeah, technically I had already eaten) around 9 and would normally eat just the "meat" out of the other before lunch. And then would have lunch. Now I can't imagine eating that crap!

Speaking of food--gotta go check on the pasta. Ciao!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-29-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.