Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-23-2012, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default Away this week

I will be away this week as well. My goal is to not let "vacation" time mean a vacation from making healthy choices including keeping up with my water intake, getting enough rest, and staying away from processed foods.

I like the idea of "more" food but the right kind. Thanks for that.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Check In:

1. 1350 calories max. 896
2. Exercise 6 times. One
3. At least 2 sports bottles water. Yes
4. Log everything and post that number! Yes
5. No treats masquerading as snacks, even if they fit the numbers (thanks, Mern!). None

Life:
1. Organize/put away items in guest room. Not yet
2. Stay on schedule with work reports. Yes
3. Research and order faucets. Not yet
4. Write card for pediatrician. Not yet
5. Be patient, be patient, be patient. So far, so good!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:46 PM
FitDay Member

Pam It will make good a good story, we were glad we had our cell phones at one point we thought we may need to use them and it was a lesson learned we are such novice hikers it never occurred to us to check the trail conditions!

Fit4luv I hope you gain more of a taste for your veggies I really love most of them always have but I know it’s a struggle for a lot of people to increase the green in their diet. My dd is not a veggie lover but doesn’t mind them in scrambled eggs she adds spinach, peppers, cauliflower normally whatever is leftover from dinner and she will also add some cheese if its veggies she really dislikes like broccoli.

Quinn Yumm homemade bread my dd doesn’t make it often as it would also blow my goals.

Cassie Your chicken sounds awesome I love salsa and I never thought of crockpotting it! I ended up making a mustard, orange and chipolte glaze for the chicken and made jasmine rice and steamed veggies it was pretty good and very spicy.

Mike That’s crazy I would be sore if it was me, great job though.

Mary Enjoy your holiday and take lots of pictures to share with us.

Mern I am glad you had a great day. I hope you are right on the calorie burn and we won’t do it again I found a trail guide on the net that posts conditions for many of the areas we hike I will be more responsible in the future.

Kim Welcome Great goals sorry about the root canal that’s not so fun.

Tori Lol at sleeping in Mikes cleaned out garage I think you may find a hotel more comfy but at least at Mikes you could get p&j sandwiches served to you late at night if you were hungry.

Connect Have a great vacation!

It was a good goal day today and I got my fridge cleaned out to boot! I need to be up and getting things in the basement organized my son is moving another load of stuff in the morning. I am blown away by how much stuff he actually has, he has been collecting things for the last year in order to move but I didn't realize just how organized he was. I believe he is taking his bed and computer tomorrow so I am assuming he will be staying in his new place going forward, its very strange I am proud and sad all at the same time. Dd is so happy she can not stop smiling she says she will miss him but she already had the measuring tape in his room today and asked her daddy how soon before he could install her shower in the bathroom, I think I have a busy few months of reno's coming up.

Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2k
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=50
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M=1281
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1002
No sugar: M=Y
Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 PM
FitDay Member

New to this but would like to join in.

This weeks goals:
1. <=1500 cal/day
2. <= 42g fat/day
3. 45-60 min of cardio exercise per day
4. Start to keep an eye on portion size of my meals and not to over eat or eat because I am bored.

Medium range goal:
1. Run a 5K in March

Long term goal:
1. Loose 30 lbs.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories daily + WEEKENDS!!! 1,397
2. 100 oz water + WEEKENDS!!! Y
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 total. -961
4. Exercise 7 hours. 90 min
5. Log everything, INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!! Y
6. Weigh daily and post, INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!!167, 164

Other Goals:

1. Finish painting rabbit cage and put wire on, buy materials for 2 more. N
2. Call sheet metal guy and get poo pan ordered. N
3. Housework 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry. INCLUDING WEEKENDS!!! N,Y
4. Cross 10 things off the "list". 0
5. Order parts for elliptical. N
6. Write Valentine letter and work on photo. N

I'm caught up on reading the thread to about page 3, so I'm a little out of sync here. I only have time to post, all be back to catch up and respond later.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-26-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:34 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

I almost always have more willpower on Mondays.

Calories 1600 daily max 1554
Sat fat average 12% of total calories max 12%
Net Carbs 25g daily max 20.8g
Fiber average 25g 30g
Protein average 120g 133g
Cholesterol average 300mg max 208g

No cheat foods at all even if they fit into my target numbers None
Exercise 5 times YES
60 oz. water YES
Old 01-24-2012, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, that was great timing. I got done composing my replies just as the alarm went off to get the grandkids up from their nap before school.

Amy, great job on health and fitness Monday!

ma, welcome! Nice. sensible goals. No day off exercise to give yourself a little break?

Darlene, congrats on your all green day! It sounded like a group decision and you got home safely. But it's wonderful that you found the online trail guide for future use. Most milestones with kids come with mixed blessings, don't they? How far away is your son's new place? LOL on DD's whipping out the measuring tape pronto. Some friends of ours' older daughter moved out in a huff with no notice a few months ago and her younger sister moved into her bedroom within hours. Enjoy the reno. That'll help make your transition easier.

Cassie, congrats on a perfect Monday on food and fitness. Also glad you enjoyed patience and getting reports done as scheduled.

Connect, enjoy your vacation! If you already told us, I forgot--where are you going? I hope you can employ the "more food of the right kind" tip. I've known that for a long time--just haven't put it to use enough.

Tori, I had to chuckle over your toothbrush story. Better than what I did one time--forgot to put on my antiperspirant before going to teach Sunday school--but I knew because I started getting damp. Luckily I had wet wipes in my purse and there was a convenience store directly across the street, so when the kids were working on a craft, my daughter helped the kids while I dashed to the store and then to the restroom. Wow, congrats on another 2 lbs. down. Enjoy your walking! You did pretty darned good on your health and fitness goals yesterday, too. Doesn't look like you have to be perfect in order to lose weight. That's fantastic!

Kimbur, welcome! I can understand your water intake problem. I struggle with water, too. Maybe some others with your problem may have some tips for you on how to get more in-- more conveniently. I'm trying to work on wanting to exercise rather than having to. I can think of a million and seven things I'd rather do, but I know I can't lose weight without exercising.

Mike, yeah, all the rest of the women here ARE crazy. LOL "Sweating like a wh...in church." Yeah, I've heard that expression--and it's not a WHALE. LOL

Last edited by Mern; 01-24-2012 at 12:20 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:40 AM
FitDay Premium Member

A quick check in

Fitness & diet
1. 2 liters H20, one during the day, one after M=not quite
2. No white food M=N (rice)
3. 2 yoga sessions
4. 2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5. 2 Crossfit
6. Carbs less than 40%,
7. 90g protein M=N
8. 1600 calories per day M=not quite
9. 2 fruits per day M=Y

Home, hearth & work
. 1 random act of kindness/day M=N, quite the opposite (an attempted random act of kindness turned into a kerfuffle)
11.Trim trees and chip
12. Finish edits on manuscript M=inprogress

Not a great start to the week, but there weren't any huge fails, just not quite hitting the mark. But I'm off to a good start this morning - a 6 AM Crossfit class

I'll catch up later all!
Old 01-24-2012, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator

Health and Fitness

1. Lose 3 pounds:
2. Calorie deficient of 3k:-292
3. Workout 3 times:day off (did stair master)
4. Walk 3 times for at least 3 miles each:0
5. 3 servings of fruit and veggies:yes
6. Drink 3 liters of water:yes
7. Fish oil 3 times per day:yes

Non Health and Fitness
8. Write 3 policies:0
9. 3 Random acts of kindness:0

Once I hit 200 P&C apps (and have 90 for a rolling 4qtrs) I get the big bonus that I've never got before. I need to push super hard to get in my 3 policies. If I get 27 policies for the quarter I will finally get of the grid for the big bonus! I calculated my bonus to be around $28k for the year!!! That would get paid out quarterly ($7,000/qtr) for every qtr that I maintain a 90 apps for a rolling 4 qtrs. (~22.5 apps/qtr) That would be huge since I don't make a lot of money now so this is a really big deal. I already have 4 policies.
I need 23 more, but if I hit 1 more (reach 28) I'll get an additional $500. I usually don't ask for much but I'll take all the prayers/ass kicking that I can get for the next 9 weeks.

Amy big congrats on the nice loss!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-24-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning Ladies & Mike--

I'm pretty sure that I'm all caught up on my sleep. I slept like a baby last night. The only time I woke was when Jasmine was walking on my head, crazy cat. I think that was around 2, and I fell right back asleep. I'm up a pound this morning, but I think it's because I ate so close to going to bed last night. Something I have to stop doing. But I didn't wake up hungry this morning, a huge plus in my book. In fact, I had to force myself to eat breakfast a lil bit ago. I'm also happy to report that I remembered to brush my teeth this morning see? The day should go well today. It's supposed to be clear and in the mid 60s, so I should definitely be able to knock out a chunk of those miles today. Catch up with y'all later. Have a great Tuesday

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.