Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-29-2012, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Default After reading Weekend Warrior posts . . .

I did a 2-mile Leslie Sansone DVD & took care to watch stress on my lower back. It felt so good again.

Mike ~ You are smart in avoiding serious injury to your back. I take it that you had back surgery in the past - did I read it somewhere here?

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Hi there everyone! Good calorie day yesterday, and today will be even better so that is good. Slept in a bit this morning, did my treadmill then came in to work. The joy of tax season, although I have to say I can get so much more done on a Sunday than I can any day during the week. Here are numbers from yesterday,

1200-1400 cals M-1220, T-1156, W-1230, Th-1246, F-1230, S-1221
80 oz water M-80 oz, T-80 oz W-64 oz, Th-80 oz F- 64 oz, S 80 oz
Treadmill T-W-F-Su M-off day, T-45 min W-No, Th-Off day F-35 min, S-off day
5000 steps on off days M-4895, W-4189 Th-3186, S-left pedometer at home
8000 on TM days T-4989 F-5238
Post here Every Day! M-Done!, T-Done! W-Done Th-Done! F-Done, S-Done

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Julie
Julie -- I love watching your progress. I'm another one who likes to use the pedometer. You're doing great with your steps! Do you have a certain goal yet in regards to your steps/miles?

Originally Posted by traceymc1985
Hi everyone- had a quiet weekend- spent most of it catching up on sleep and rest. Today wasnt the best day though with food!
Was naughty and had a chocolate eclair plus i cooked a roast chicken and could i leave it alone?? NO!! I always end up eating too much of it before ive even put out my portion.
Hopefully i can do better over the next few days and still get a loss this week. Oh sometimes i hate weekends because it feels like this healthy eating is much more of a struggle. Just 5 days til the next one!!! Time to organise for it lol.
Its our family movie night this friday!!!
Tracey - I hear you on the weekend thing. It's a different pace, isn't it? Hope you can quickly get your thoughts together regarding this upcoming week. I think rest is very important & glad that you got some.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:11 PM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv I hope your back feels better soon. I am glad you were ok with the scriptures it's hard to know sometimes how it will be received.

Tori I am glad you did post pics. I have very few pics of me before because like most of us I avoided the camera I didn’t want to see the almost 200lb me but sometimes I wish I had before and after pics to remind me of the work I have put in. Lol I feel like the fatter lazier Darlene this weekend I am dragging my bottom through everything I do. I am hoping I sleep well tonight did your insomnia clear up? Holy darkness I think I mentioned it before,

Mern Eating my candy was not a hard task and it was my fault before they left I told him to make sure he tried some because they are awesome he ate so many he said he had to bring me back one pack.

Cassie Lol at the that’s how I felt when we got to changing lanes on the highway.

Mike I wish I was talented enough to post you a smiley but I can’t even get my congratulations for Tori to enlarge so the credit goes to fit4luv. I got 3.3k in for a total of 27.4k (17m) and I am done wiped out I don’t even know if I have the energy to do my abs and squats today.

Tracey Glad you got some sleep. I think we all find weekends a little harder I know for me I have to check in here lots and let myself be motivated by you guys.

Mike I do not know much about bikes but I do think the color is very nice.

I have drank so much coffee today and I still can not find any energy I think I will just give in and go put my pjs on.I have a salad made for dinner and some berries left from yesterday so hubby and dd will have to fend for themselves I think their is leftover chinese they can have that and a salad wow that is how lazy I am I just made dinner and never left the keyboard.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:53 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I can't ever you photobucket right on my phone, what's the trick?
do huh????? (THERE'S a southern phrase if there ever was one!!)

Originally Posted by almeeker
You my friend need a big stegosaurus/Kujo of a dog to take with you. No wonder you can't sleep at night.
had a Rotti, PITA took him back because "technically" it was his dog. (I really dislike that man)

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Actually, where do I apply to become a backup dancer? Can the outfit have glitter or some sort of animal print? Or both?
ohohOOOHHH my vote is for BOTH!! and we need feather boas!!!

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Tori ~ Oh, I think you are destined to keep Mike in line. You have a great gift in that way! I luv your style. I've a feeling that you have lots of secrets hidden up your sleeves.
LOL not so sure about keeping him in line, I can barely keep myself in line most days. And secrets??? I ain't got no secrets. I'm innocent **where'd my halo go, there it is....oooohhh a little bit tarnished**

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori I am glad you did post pics. I have very few pics of me before because like most of us I avoided the camera I didn’t want to see the almost 200lb me but sometimes I wish I had before and after pics to remind me of the work I have put in. Lol I feel like the fatter lazier Darlene this weekend I am dragging my bottom through everything I do. I am hoping I sleep well tonight did your insomnia clear up? Holy darkness I think I mentioned it before,
I've always been the one wielding the camera. I'm a bit of an amateur photographer, it's something I love to do. So there are rarely any pics of me, good or bad. Did my insomnia clear up? UH no. Some nights I'm asleep by midnight, most nights I'm staring at the ceiling at 2, just depends. Yeah, it's a lil bit dark out there. But I ain't skeered (much)
Old 01-29-2012, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

So much for walking. At 10:59 I submitted my final paper which was due by midnight. I got it done, but now I have to go to bed without taking my walk. Ah well, I didn't meet my goal, but I'm done with another class. That means I just need to finish the one I just had my midterm in and complete one more class (which will start next Monday) and I'll be done with all my coursework! Nine more weeks.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness
1--under 1300 calories--the year Columbus sailed the ocean blue....1492, 1098, 1302 I'm countin it!, 1015, 1204, 783, 1217
2--drink more water--not setting an actual goal for oz, seems to get me frazzled if I don't make it. So I'm just gonna say, drink more water.--almost through with 48 oz. Might not make it tonight, but closer than last week, pretty much the same. downed a liter while walking though, another liter while walking. Maybe tomorrow I'll carry 2 bottles with me!not sure if I even DRANK water today...oh yeah I did. At lunch and at my bro's, not sure how much though--oh yeahhhh, 66 oz today!!! uuummmmmmmm, a liter today which is more than yesterday, but not enough
3--walk at least 10 miles--now that I've strapped on my "walking shoes" I'm kinda liking it. Gives me time to think (scary huh??? )--rained. all. day., 2.06, 3.01--I saw some animals pairing up and looking for the ark--5.04 for the day!--1.51, 5.36 = 16.98 for the week!!! WOOHHOOO
4--work out 4 times--I'm gonna hit this goal this week if it KILLS ME!!!--SCREW IT, I GOT GOADED INTO EXTRA WALKIN
5--another 2??? Starting weight Monday morning--215.6, up exactly a pound this morning at 216.6, back down *yay* weighed in at 214.2 this morning **WHOOP WHOOP**, 214.6 so a little up from yesterday but still down for the week, 213.2 (is what it said this morning, this evening it was 213.0 but i go by morning numbers), 212.4, same as yesterday so I'll take it!!

Life/Home
1--clean out home office--didn't clean it, but I did start packing some stuff up
DONE!!2--get by WalMart and buy cables to hook up DVD player--DONE
3--stop worrying about it. It's gonna happen whether I want it to or not--eeehhhh, I took a 2 hour nap where I didn't think about or worry about it at all, tried my best, thought about then went walking and thought about it some more. finally made a decision about it, second guessing my decision (sometimes I hate being a Libra)--sticking with decision #1 and moving next month
4--call Dr. about blood work and asthma meds--MUST. DO. THIS. BEFORE MEDS RUN OUT!!!
5--scout out a new eye dr.--don't ya love when the insurance stops paying for you to see the same dr. you've seen for 7 years!!! And he was cute....sigh, stupid insurance--I don't WANNA new doctor!!!
6--research hotels for Mardi Gras.....otherwise we might be asking if we can sleep in someone's recently cleaned out garage , really started to look haven't settled on anything yet, looked at a few today (thanks for the info Mike) and one is ruled out because they don't have any rooms with 2 double beds, the other two are up for consideration, settling on something this weekend
7--4 random acts of kindness. I like this goal, had to steal it--does being polite to the worthless manager count? no?? well, still 4 more to go then., I didn't kill the grouchy old man who was wandering through my stock room yelling at ME because he couldn't find the squash. THAT'S an act of kindness, I cooked for my Momma and Daddy, I so totally held the door open for this little old couple at Subway, nuttin today, hmmmm I didn't brake check the guy tailgating me. , texted the guys at work and am taking lunch tomorrow. So, seeing as how I let them know today, THAT's an act of kindness. And I'm taking the food TOMORROW, can I count it twice??????

So, I've figured out that the best time of day for me to walk is after the sun goes down. Not real sure how I'm gonna handle that come summer time when it's light til 9ish, but I'll figure something out. My cousin bailed on me, again **SHOCKER**. If she weren't family I'd tell her exactly how I felt about it. I guess she thinks that I'm just not gonna do it without her. Her way of sabatoging me so I'm not thinner than she is??? hmmmmm?????? I've always been the larger of the two of us, and now suddenly I'm not! Sumthin to think about.....

K, I'm gonna go stare at the ceiling for a while. 'Night Y'all! See ya in the morning for the start of another glorious week!!
Old 01-29-2012, 06:59 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2k, T=4.8k, W=0, T=7k, F-2.1k, S=4k, S=3.3k=27.4k (17m)
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=Treadmill, W=0, T=Walk, F=Treadmill, S=Treadmill, S=Treadmill=Yes
Squats 5 days: M=50, T=50, W=75, T=50, F=50, S=50, S=50=Yes
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=Y, S=Y, S=Y=Yes
Calories less than 1400: M=1281, T=1123, W=1266, T=1231, F=1413, S=1349, S=1181 =Yes (even with 1 over day I am giving it to myself it was close.)
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-1002, T=-894, W=-840, T=-845, F=-621, S=-663, S=-1027 (-5892)
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, T=Y, F=N (wine), S=Y, S=N (candy) 5 out of 7
Old 01-29-2012, 08:22 PM
FitDay Member

Default counting supplements

how do i add magnesium pottassium VC Taurine and V.D to the daily values ive consumed
Old 01-30-2012, 02:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

A good week all in all. Got most of the chores done, a little over on calories on Sunday - not gonna post it, so y'all will have to just trust me. Now on to the next week!