Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-23-2012, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Julie, once when I was stalled I remembered a post by Kumochi (Mary) in which she said sodium nitrates and nitrites can make on stall out. A lot of processed foods contain those preservatives. When I started strictly limiting my intake of it, that helped. Hormel Natural Choice available in many grocery stores is made with no preservatives, as is Boars Head brand. Boars Head also has some low sodium meats.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:09 AM
FitDay Member

OMG y'all!! I'm so freaking HUNGRY today!! I'm almost positive I'm not gonna be under 13 today. it's 3 o'clock and I only have 450 calories left for the day. I know that I CAN make smart dinner choices and hit my numbers, but I'm not as convinced that I WILL. It's gonna be a long afternoon/night.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:22 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Thanks Mern, I do know that I am very sensitive to sodium and try to restrict it as much as I can. I will keep at this till I see the scale start to move, I'm not giving up! I am going to also try to increase my exercise, I have a desk job and this is my busy time so I'm in the office pretty much 7 days a week, but I bought a pedometer and will try to move more even if its walking around the building! Thanks again for the advice and support, I know that posting here and being accountable to someone else will help as well.

Julie
Old 01-23-2012, 07:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jbuschur
Thanks Mern, I do know that I am very sensitive to sodium and try to restrict it as much as I can. I will keep at this till I see the scale start to move, I'm not giving up! I am going to also try to increase my exercise, I have a desk job and this is my busy time so I'm in the office pretty much 7 days a week, but I bought a pedometer and will try to move more even if its walking around the building! Thanks again for the advice and support, I know that posting here and being accountable to someone else will help as well.

Julie
Hi Julie....I also work a desk job. Luckily I print invoices all day that require me to stand up and go get them (4 steps away, LOL). If you have the availabilty to somewhere to walk, I started my loss by walking around the parking lot at work 3 laps plus back and forth to my office adds up to 1mile once I counted the steps (approximately). This really helped me to get started on my loss. Now when I walk on lunch I go a min of 5 laps (1-1/2 miles) but up to 7 laps (2miles). Any kind of movement you can do will help you out in the long run.

I'm glad you came out and joined us. Staying active on this forum is one of my biggest aids.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:03 AM
FitDay Member

Something is in the air. Seems like several of us are even more motivated now than our first day back on the wagon in the new year. Maybe because it was sort of expected and obligatory...

Leslie, welcome to our group! Nice, simple goals. Cravings are tough--we can all attest to that. Best wishes--and you can come fold MY laundry when you're done with yours.

Lizzie, aw, thanks for your kind words. You're such a sweetheart!

Cassie, I am so sorry you lost "the boy's" pediatrician. I know how hard it is to find a doc that is really on the same wave length, especially when there are issues that are being treated or monitored. Best wishes on that.

Tori, yup, your enthusiasm is contageous for sure. If I set my calories too low, I get too hungry and then that leads me to cheating. But at age 65 I'm not in a big hurry. How about giving yourself a break and allowing 100 more calories per day--you'd still have a nice calorie deficit with your exercise figured in. With doing Zumba, you could burn off 100 extra calories easily.

Terri, glad to hear the jobs are still on the table. Good idea to use the old goals that motivated you as well as some new ones. You can also borrow some but I don't know if we have any blue ones. I really do agree that the even-keeled feeling is so much better that the chocolate or fat rush. Mmmm, taco salad. I'll have to try to make that soon with a low carb tortilla and maybe even turkey instead of ground beef. Thanks for the idea. OMG, zumba. I know people are really enjoying that and finding it a great way to lose weight.

Darlene, I agree that certain foods affect people different ways. One time I found out that cheese (I was really addicted to it) was slowing my weight loss, even though I wasn't going over in my calories or carbs. It's that ratio of carbs, fat, and protein, I guess. No one size fits all ratios, macros, diets, foods. It's a real pain to figure out sometimes and unfortunately it's a lot of work through trial and error. Good thing we've got each other in this group or I'd be totally lost for new things to try. Hope you enjoy/enjoyed your hike.

Julie, I worked in an office for many of my younger years. I put in many 52-60 hour work weeks but it was only five days a week, not seven. Whoo! Makes me tired just THINKING about working 7 days! With such long work weeks, are you tempted to grab fast food much or do you enjoy cooking even when you're tired? Great idea to get a pedometer and maybe log some extra time walking around the building. I'd just as soon NEVER exercise, but I can't lose weight without it. I do just two miles on the treadmill 5 days a week, but my doctor is happy with that. Posting here does help me a lot.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

One of the many things I love about this group is that we post our goals and do our daily reports, but if we mess up or have problems, the group is always there with encouragement, support, and sometimes advice. Not even once have I ever seen an unkind word posted about someone's cheat or binge--always a helping hand being extended. Sure, we may tease each other sometimes, but we all know it's just in fun--like when we threaten to "come down there and get you" or get out our whips for Mike.

I love how we all respect each other's ways of eating, recognizing that there's no such thing as a one size fits all weight loss diet.

None of us is perfect, and there's never a need to be embarrassed about not meeting all our goals. We just do the best we can and if we fall, we get up and try again--over and over and over again. But there are always plenty of kudos to go around for each and every good thing we accomplish.

Last edited by Mern; 01-23-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Well said Mern. I'm new to the group, but I'm finding this to be very true and very helpful.

April, Way to go with the 7lb loss. There is nothing more montivating than results!

I took my midterm exam today. Pleasantly surprised that it was only multiple choice. I got a 100%, so that made me very happy.

I was feeling okay this afternoon so I walked 4 miles on the treadmill. It was much harder than it should have been, so I guess maybe I really am sick. I prefer denial, but I think I'll start popping zinc all the same.

Tori, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling today. Hang in there.

And Julie . . . a big welcome to you.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Hi Julie....I also work a desk job. Luckily I print invoices all day that require me to stand up and go get them (4 steps away, LOL). If you have the availabilty to somewhere to walk, I started my loss by walking around the parking lot at work 3 laps plus back and forth to my office adds up to 1mile once I counted the steps (approximately). This really helped me to get started on my loss. Now when I walk on lunch I go a min of 5 laps (1-1/2 miles) but up to 7 laps (2miles). Any kind of movement you can do will help you out in the long run.

I'm glad you came out and joined us. Staying active on this forum is one of my biggest aids.
Thank you! It really does feel good to get up and move sometimes, I get pretty stiff if I'm sitting for a long time! And I agree, I have always been the most successful when I have had a great support system, and I think I have found it right here! Thanks again!

Julie
Old 01-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
One of the many things I love about this group is that we post our goals and do our daily reports, but if we mess up or have problems, the group is always there with encouragement, support, and sometimes advice. Not even once have I ever seen an unkind word posted about someone's cheat or binge--always a helping hand being extended. Sure, we may tease each other sometimes, but we all know it's just in fun--like when we threaten to "come down there and get you" or get out our whips for Mike.
Sooooo that's just been an empty threat?
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Kay! Kudos on that 100% on your midterm! Wow, more kudos on your treadmill walking even though you're very likely sick. You may need the rest more than the exercise at this point, so give yourself a break if you need it. Ah, you prefer denial... Like many of us, you just don't have time to be sick--got too much to do and not enough hours in the day to do it. I hope the zinc will help you get well quickly.

Julie, I surely hope you and Leslie and all our other newbies find the support you all need from our group. We don't have all the answers, but we try hard to be as supportive as possible. Group hug, everybody.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.