Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-23-2012, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
If planned on slacking this week... yes. So I had to do more than 3 b/c I'm going to rock the house!
glad to see I didn't have to light that fire under your a$$. and we know that I have the lighter to do so

oh, it's your turn
Old 01-23-2012, 03:33 AM
FitDay Member

I'm in! I didn't make it to sign in and chat over the weekend but I was so with the rest of you. I even put in an extra workout Saturday evening for an hour just because I felt like it! I have never worked out in front of my hubby before and he claimed to have just watched tv but he also told me how proud he is later in the evening too. I kept with my losses all week except a gain of .2lbs this morning. I will take it because that finishes me off at exactly 7lbs less than last Monday! Only 2 of those should have been water. By my body measurements I lost 1/2" off my waist and 1-1/4" off my hips since last Monday too. Is that really possible?!?! I bought more new work pants this weekend. All in size 22. *Happy Dance* I usually don't workout before work except on my hubby's work days (W-F one week and W-Sun the next week) but got up this morning and put in 50 mins! Heck yeah, I want to keep this ball rolling while it's going!! Just so you all know that I haven't been perfect this week either, LOL, here is a list of all the bad things I ate this weekend... in white Long John Silvers chicken, fish, hush puppies, fries, cheese sticks...sausage gravy over biscuits...ice cream...tomato soup and cheese sandwiches (2) ... The best thing that I did was portion control. I'd say I have that pretty well handled, but about the time I'd say that, I will go hawg wild on a bag of kettle cooked chips or something. LOL

I think I will keep this week's goals about the same as last week since they seem to be working for me.

Health / Fitness ...
1. 100oz water daily
2. Limit 1 can diet soda daily
3. Exercise 4 times M: 50min,
4. Listen to my stomach when I'm full, not my mind that wants more.
5. No added salt to my plate
6. Weigh and post it daily M: 274.2lbs,

Life / Home Goals ...
1. Finish last load of laundry (this means fold it too)
2. Do required paperwork for son's upcoming appt
3. Do extra housework this weekend so I can just touch up for Super Bowl Sunday guests.
4. Don't forget to work on cross-stitch projects

Tori ... Congrats on your 4 lbs!!

Mern ... Wow you are being strict this week! It will pay off when you get that dinner out at the end of the week.

Cassie ... Curious about the card to the pediatrician. What's that for? Also do you plan on keeping your son at that office until he is 18? I ask because my boys are nearing 6ft tall and I still take them in, LOL. I get some looks from the newborn mommies!

Amy ... Skiing sounds fun! I have never tried it but I bet it is quite the workout. ... I am with you on weekend being my downfall. Usually I get a good one every other week since the hubby works every other weekend but he was off this weekend and I still was able to hold it together.

Kay ... Sending you some "don't get sick vibes"

Lizzie ... Schedule wedding date? That sounds fun!

Joanna ... Congrats on breaking that plateau!!

Mh ... Wow you are a busy girl. How do you decide which event is more important to attend?

Mike ... Don't let them pick on you.... 9 goals is 3x3=9 .... still fits your 3 week!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz
Mike ... Don't let them pick on you.... 9 goals is 3x3=9 .... still fits your 3 week!
uhuhuh. The Count didn't teach us multiplication. He taught is adding. It doesn't count

Major high fives to 7 lbs!!!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:50 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
uhuhuh. The Count didn't teach us multiplication. He taught is adding. It doesn't count

Major high fives to 7 lbs!!!
Ummmm 3+3+3=9 duh!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Ummmm 3+3+3=9 duh!
LOL
Old 01-23-2012, 04:10 AM
FitDay Member

Ummmm 3+3+3=9 duh!
THIS I can live with. Follows the Count's rules
Old 01-23-2012, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

I just got back from the Y--got in my two miles on the treadmill.

Quinn, I hope your blizzard passes quickly and safely. I like your nice, simple goals this week.

April! Kudos on the extra workout Saturday evening! Aw, that's so sweet that you got praise from your DH, too. Wow! 7lbs. lost in one week! Fabulous! And you did all that with portion control on your foods in white! More power to ya! You're doing something right! I'm really happy for you. Yes, I am being more strict this week to earn that Cracker Barrel fish dinner. Then I have to think of a reward (non-food, though) for next week. Maybe treat myself to a movie or something. I lost my holiday weight gain, but am still 10 1/2 lbs. heavier than my last weigh-in at the doctor's office September 1. I REALLY want to lose that by my next appointment on February 22. If I can do that, at least I will not have a net gain. I will discuss my gain in between with the doc, though--not trying to hide it from her--that would be so juvenile. I want her to know I think dropping my protein intake adds to my regains. I really do expect my cholesterol and triglycerides to be down even further, even if my blood sugar average is a little higher.

Mike, I like your "Count" theme. Gave me a nice chuckle and your goals are quite good. Good for you for putting some fun into your goals, too.

Cassie, thanks for your encouragement on my tweaking. I like how you put that: no treats MASQUERADING as snacks. Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing to sneak in a small bite of a cookie--and then I use up a lot of calories and carbs on that teeny little bit of food, leaving me hungrier than usual in the evening. Nice to have a buddy working on that same issue.

Amy, that's great that y'all got to go skiing. That must burn a lot of calories! Good job thinking things through and deciding what you must do to keep tighter grip on the reins. OMG, it's hard, isn't it? "Ah, ah, ah" for The Count. My now 25 year old grandson used to walk around mimicking The Count when he was a preschooler. I had forgotten all about that until your post.

fit4luv, glad you're feeling better. That's great that you have your Health Group. Heck yeah--you just report the way that's best for you. It's great that we have the freedom in this group to do things whatever way is best for each of us. I can't stick to a weight loss diet of really low calories--can't handle anything under 1500 without feeling very deprived, then when I reach my weight goal and start adding back calories, I gain it all back again. I figure this way it'll take me a lot longer, but along the way I'll learn out of sheer habit how to eat healthfully and keep the weight off. Oh, golly, I certainly DO agree with you that "nutrition is quite a mosaic of portions." I spend at least half an hour a day on FitDay's nutrition tracker logging my food and trying to figure out what I should eat, what I can eat, and the portion sizes to fit into all my nutrition targets.

Lizzie, great attitude that this WILL be a good week for you. I know you can do it.

Kay, we have an unseasonably warm day in my part of Ohio today--supposed to get in the low 50s. What's with your eye? Pink eye coming along with the sore throat? Hope you have a speedy recovery! Wow, great treadmill goal! I know you can "get 'er done."

Joanna, best wishes on your food and fitness goals as well as on finishing your courses.

MH, congrats on your election to the executive position. I like your simple goals!

Last edited by Mern; 01-23-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

I just love when this thread is busy!

So, what I'm hearing, and personal experience is included, is that we need to get something started to help us cope with the weekend. A while back I used to post ways to cope...maybe I'll try that again. I did great until Sunday night; almost made it. So frustrating!

Just poking in real quick...I came home for lunch, to change out testing materials, and to use the bathroom (long story, but I'm doing evals in the juvenile jail today and I just can't use those metal toilets). Everyone's goals look great and from the sound of things, if you're not fired up now, you will be soon!

Quinn...I'm getting emails from colleges now, and links to financial aid sites. It seems early in the game but I suppose it's because of the PSAT. And so it begins . Hope your good news on that front continues to roll in.

April, very nice job on the loss! You must be so excited ! About the pediatrician...oh, I am heartbroken. My 15-year-old has seen the same one ever since the neonatologist handed him over a few days after birth. Even after we moved, I continue to take him there; it's about 35-40 minutes away. When we went in for his yearly check up, the nurse told us the doctor was on an unexpected medical leave and they were not sure if he would return (I think he's about 60, 62 years old). When we went back for the sports physical a month or so later, that was still the official word, but the doc we saw noticed that I was tearing up, and she gave me a hug and told me that he indeed was not going to come back, but that was really all she was able to say to respect his privacy. She did, however, say that if I sent a card or a letter they would be happy to forward it. I feel that's my only option; since we live a ways away, I don't see him around town, so to speak. I'm so worried about him and sad to boot...of course I know that he wouldn't be my son's doctor forever, but this was so sudden and so vague .

I checked out two other pediatricians that were highly recommended and am going with one of those. I don't like any of the others in the original practice enough to continue to make that drive. I did consider taking him to my doctor (who starts with adolescents at 16; I'm sure it would've been okay, though) but instead chose otherwise for two reasons. One, my son is ADHD and the pediatrician manages his meds and the one I chose has that as a specialty (most adult general practitioners don't), and because my son also has constitutional delay of adolescence (delayed growth spurt). So if there are any problems with that, I felt a pediatrician would be better equipped to deal with them. If there aren't any special circumstances, I would say just switch when you and they are comfortable with it.

But I've had the card here for two weeks and I just get overwhelmed thinking about what I need to say in it every time I see it. All you moms and dads know an awesome pediatrician is worth their weight in gold, and mine is. I just need to make myself put it into words and shed a few tears.

And now I've gotta run, so I'll check in with you wonderful folks later!
Old 01-23-2012, 04:44 AM
FitDay Member

Sooo happy to see mt enthusiasm was catching this morning!! I'm not real sure why I'm so chipper this morning. I only got like 3 1/2 hours of sleep, which is at least 2 hrs. fewer than I normally get. I'd rrreeaalllyy like to get outside and do some of my walking, but it's supposed to storm this after noon, and I'm not all for walking while it's lightening. I guess I'll have to call my Zumba buddy and see if she's game tonight. Will catch up with y'all after work. ttfn
Old 01-23-2012, 05:12 AM
Super Moderator

Hi everyone!

I'm posting quickly at lunch so I don't have too much time to chat, but I love the enthusiasm this week. I do however want to say to Darlene: So happy to hear about your benign diagnosis!!!! Phew!

I woke up this morning feeling motivated for the first time in a month, so I hope it continues. I am still SUPER NERVOUS about my potential job at Smith (I should hear one way or the other this week or early next week) and trying not to think about it. BF is still job-hunting, though he said he had a fruitful day driving to dealerships and asking if they needed help. Maybe something there.

Trying to shake off the cobwebs that have been surrounding the part of my brain that thinks about my health and getting back to it. I'm posting some "old goals" I haven't used in months, because I remember they motivated me before, and I want to get there again. So my goals this week are a mix of the old and the new.

Health/Lifestyle/Fitness Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 daily. No single day over 1600. Week average around 1300.
2) Exercise at least three times this week. No excuses at all. None. Zippo. Zilch.
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000 or more
4) Log everything, even those handfuls of M&Ms I've been sneaking lately
5) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better.
6) One new recipe for lunch or dinner this week
7) 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner out/takeaway, maximum
8) Average of 25-30 percent protein for the week
9) Weigh in M and F, post here M: 161.8

Other Life Goals

1) Clean the bathroom
2) Catch up (and stay caught up!) on laundry
3) In bed by 11:30 every night. No excuses allowed.
4) Make an effort on my appearance every single day (This one's for you, Mike )
5) Post one wonderful thing that happened every day

Seems like a lot of goals, but it will help me suss out what's working and what's not. Now that I've gotten over my cooking fear, I've gotten into the habit of using some "old reliable" recipes now that I'm used to them. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's make cooking seem suddenly dull, and I need to get excited about healthy food again. I always forget how much more well-balanced I feel when I eat well. You keep remembering the quick rushes from chocolate or fatty foods, but you seem to forget that even-keeled feeling. It doesn't help that BF would eat the same 5 dinners over and over forever, but I didn't let that stop me before, no reason to turn it into an excuse now!

Off to a good start today, food-wise. Had some greek yogurt with strawberry for breakfast and a "taco salad" for lunch. I had some leftover turkey meatballs from dinner last night (meatball subs, a treat) that I broke up and put in a salad with some LF cheese and broken up bits of tortilla, with a light spicy ranch dressing. The meatballs had italian seasonings but I could barely tell given the salad dressing, and it felt good to eat it. I always like taco salad.

No excuse not to work out tonight, so it's me and the Zumba!!!

Happy Monday everyone,

~Terri

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.