Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-27-2012, 05:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
I'm on the struggle bus with you today mh. Sleep deprivation is pushing me face down in the carb bucket.
Protein & Caffeine time FOR THE WIN!!
Old 01-27-2012, 05:18 AM
FitDay Member

Terri- that's AWESOME!! I haven't been a 10 in...oh wait I've NEVER been in a 10! So awesome for you!! One day though, one day....

Mike-I'll think it over and come up with something. Since i'm not doing the 1/2 is gonna be hard to find something to compare
Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Terri- that's AWESOME!! I haven't been a 10 in...oh wait I've NEVER been in a 10! So awesome for you!! One day though, one day....

Mike-I'll think it over and come up with something. Since i'm not doing the 1/2 is gonna be hard to find something to compare
how about... you get a fleur de lis tattoo... in black and gold?
Old 01-27-2012, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
how about... you get a fleur de lis tattoo... in black and gold?
we could go with tatts if you like. I don't mind the fleur de lis. Not sure I could go black and gold with it though. How about red and black???
Old 01-27-2012, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

So, Terri had her ego boost with size 10 pants and I just got mine by way of "why the hell do you keep wearing those baggy ass clothes!? you could actually tell how good you're looking if you'd wear clothes that fit!". said to me by our produce manager and all around ladies man. So it's the day for feeling good about yourself for women who's names start with T
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Terri! That is so awesome! And Cassie is right about the vanity sizing, in "today's" size, it probably would be an 8!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Terri. Bet you look fabulous in those trousers, shake that ever decreasing ass girl.

I am home, curry is on, just about to pour my one glass of wine and it's all been logged and I'm still under 1000. I am going to watch a movie this evening and I am not going to read, play on DS, surf the net while it is on, it has my undivided attention. Enjoy the start of the weekend everyone
Old 01-27-2012, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Terri - I'm totally picking up what you're putting down, girl! I went to the mall yesterday and bought a pair of jeans - size 10! I bought a pair of really baggy style shorts that are a size 10 a few months ago, but these are the first legit size 10s I've fit into for a long time. I remember I used to have a skirt that was a size 10 that I held onto for a long time, hoping one day I'd fit into again. That was probably when I was...14? So 13 years ago. I've since offloaded it, but I remember longing to fit into it, and now I probably could - its' a good feeling!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

You guys are awesome! Thanks!

They really are that old, too. I'm fairly certain I remember buying these because they have a fairly unique button in front that's sort of shaped like a flower. (Yes, I'm totally lame and I sat here and thought about it).

I think I bought them before I went to college for interviews. I don't remember if they were tight on me then or not, but that would put me right around 17/18 when I bought them, and I'm 28 now. I had gained weight when I was 17 due to ankle surgery and 4 month recovery, and then lost it rapidly again when I was back on my feet and participating in sports again during my senior year, so I probably did fit into a 10 right around that time. I don't really remember. I remember being a size 10 dress for my prom (at 16 - we did a junior prom, not a senior prom) and that's the "Size 10 at 16" memory I have. Maybe they're a "big" 10 -- it all depends on the store as we know.

God, Cassie, I haven't fit into an 8 since I was 14 O_O Don't get my hopes up, lol. 10 is good enough for me right now!!!

Actually, the pair of pants I bought for my recent college interview ended up being a 10. They were ever-so-slightly binding when I sat down, but the 12s were really too baggy and gave me no shape at all, so I went for ever-so-slightly-too-tight on that one, and I think it worked out well. I didn't celebrate since they didn't fit perfectly, though. I'm too hard on myself
Old 01-27-2012, 07:27 AM
FitDay Member

I'm having a really great day, busy as can be, though! Earned my Cracker Barrel fish fry dinner for tonight and before I took even one bite of food or sip of coffee this morning, I planned out my entire menu and food portions for the day. I will come in with flying colors--substituting green beans and turnip greens for the French fries and coleslaw, and bringing home my biscuits for DH to eat tomorrow.

About to have to leave the house again to take GD to work. I'll try to log on tonight and find out what's going on in the lives of the others here.

Originally Posted by taubele
Mern: LOL! Whenever I hear lemons to lemonade now, I think of this line "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons!" It's from a silly video game, but I LOVE that line. It actually does kind of pump me up and get me going, too! I am really wanting to get exercise in. It's becoming a habit NOT to do it, and that's bad. I often wish my parents had been more attuned to me as a kid - I was a bit of an oddball kid, and I think they didn't know what to do with me My Dad is wonderful but can be a bit selfish, too, and my Mom was working so hard at 2 jobs, since my father became disabled when we were young. But it is what it is. Many other parts of my childhood were a blessing - wonderful grandparents, for example - that I can't wish it any different.
Terri, I just caught a glimpse of the other posts and saw that you are down to a size 10! OMG, that is just totally super! You worked so hard to earn that! You must be flying high! Major kudos and a ton of congrats!

Thanks so much for sharing that "don't make lemondade" quote. That is fabulous! I love it! I copied it to my hard drive so I won't lose it.

It's soooo easy for me for lack of exercise to become a habit. We'll both have to keep up the fight to make time for that. I'm doing good this week, though.

I love how you can look back on your childhood forgiveness of your parents not understanding you. It must have been hard for them with your Mom working 2 jobs and your dad being disabled. My childhood really sucked, except that I really, really loved the small town I lived in--just 2 square miles--and it had sidewalks throughout the whole town, and every kind of store one could imagine within 1/4 mile of my house--a small supermarket, 2 other small deli/grocery stores, a movie theater, barber shop, women's hair salon, a restaurant/gourmet candy and ice cream store, a bank, insurance agent, hardware store, drug store, bakery, and one we called "the dry goods store" which carried sewing material, craft supplies, scarves and cloth handkerchiefs, and a few inexpensive toys like balls, jacks, playing cards, etc., There were five churches, 2 schools, a public library and a public park with a neighborhood swimming pool. It was really a great place for a kid to grow up. I so loved it that I often dream of living in it, not with my parents, but as an adult with my husband and kids. I love those dreams. I also have truly treasured memories of my maternal grandparents and their farm, and of my paternal grandmother being a great seamstress but a rotten cook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.