Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 01/23/12

Old 01-26-2012, 07:11 PM
FitDay Member

Mern. I will have lots of ME time this weekend as my only chore is taking my mum to look for a new hearing aid friendly phone and having my son for dinner Sunday. Of course I have the usual stuff to do around the house but I'm hoping to get some of the extra little things on my to do list done. Sometimes though I would give up a little ME time to have my BF live in the same country as me, I will be seeing him in Feb, I'm going over day after Valentine's and staying for 4 days and he isn't working any of them - hurray.

Got on scales this morning and was very pleased but I'm not saying anything cos it's you know what - THE WEEKEND and I am on "danger, danger Will Robinson" mode. I have planned tonight's meal and included one glass of splashy splashy, now I've got to make sure I stop at one and that the Ben & Jerry's stays in the freezer. Wish me luck or wish me willpower. Have a great Friday everyone.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Had a good time at my brother's. Spent some quality time with my SIL and the kiddos, and their poor little epileptic doggie. He's the UGLIEST dog ever, but he's a sweetheart!!!
He can't be the UGLIEST dog ever, that would be my friend's dog, it's hideous and she loves it so. Whenever she's going anywhere the dog rides between her and the steering wheel and slobbers on her face while she's driving. I've told her more than once that it's not affection, the dog wants her to crash the car so she'll smash her face up and then they can be equally hideous together. The dog's name is, get this, "Bella", her kids call it "Booger" which is much more accurate. All I'm saying is that when you find a dog at the dump, someone else threw it away on purpose. OMG that dog will eat ANYTHING!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

lol, Mike and Tori, oh, I wish there were a camera crew to follow you guys around in reality-show fashion! Would love it if you would both post updates!
Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Oh Cassie!! No camera crews. I'd hate for my end of it to wind up more like Girls Gone Wild. LOL and no one wants to see a fat girl on Girls Gone Wild!
Old 01-27-2012, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

Oh Cassie!! No camera crews. I'd hate for my end of it to wind up more like Girls Gone Wild. LOL and no one wants to see a fat girl on Girls Gone Wild!

What, you're not looking to go down and get tons of beads 'round your neck? '

I was thinking more like those fuzzy videos in the hotel room at night, bleary and ready to sleep, talking about how tempting the king cake was...
Old 01-27-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Check in Thursday update

Good morning everyone, had a pretty good day yesterday, steps still too low but food was good. Good news on the scale this morning, finally down 2.5 lbs so I'm very relieved that something is not terribly wrong with me and I'm just going to have to work way harder at this than I ever have before. No headache today, and got my treadmill out of the way this morning so I'm feeling pretty good.

1200-1400 cals M-1220, T-1156, W-1230, Th-1246
80 oz water M-80 oz, T-80 oz W-64 oz, Th-80 oz
Treadmill T-W-F-Su M-off day, T-45 min W-No, Th-Off day
5000 steps on off days M-4895, W-4189 Th-3186
8000 on TM days T-4989
Post here Every Day! M-Done!, T-Done! W-Done Th-Done!

Mern, I'm so glad you had a great day, and Lizzie I wish you both luck and will power! Have a great day everyone!

Julie
Old 01-27-2012, 01:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
What, you're not looking to go down and get tons of beads 'round your neck? '

I was thinking more like those fuzzy videos in the hotel room at night, bleary and ready to sleep, talking about how tempting the king cake was...
Oh I'm sure there will be lots of bead collecting.

so your idea of the reality show would be a mix of The Biggest Loser and Big Brother. Again though, I don't think y'all'd want to see me drunk and slurring my words talking about how good the jambalaya was

And Amy, trust me the dog is UGLY!! And named Skeetz, I call Jim Skeeter though. He's a half blind, no tooth having epileptic short haired Brussels Griffon. (look it up if you don't know what that dog is)

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-27-2012 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Super Moderator

What happens in Vegas... oh wait, it's not Vegas.
Old 01-27-2012, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mike: You are a policy BOSS! Get it done, man! And I know, tsk tsk on the makeup. My sleep has been so wonky and I have been a zombie in the morning. It's no excuse, though. I made myself pretty Thursday because I was teaching. Maybe I should pretend I'm teaching every day.

Amy: You know I sort of do have a lucky necklace, but I don't know where it went to after the move to FL It got lost. It was actually a guitar pick that I had drilled a hole in and roped through a cheap necklace material. Was the first "present" BF ever gave me as a token when we first started dating, and whenever I wore it, awesome things happened. I have a few sentimental pieces that I wear otherwise, though, that remind me that someone loves me. Either something BF gave me, or my sister gave me, etc. I'll try wearing those and see if it helps, I always feel loved when I do, and that's even better than luck.

Tori: Baby's grandma sounds like a piece of work. Things might feel weird, but they're probably so far gone t hey've turned around and somehow feel like normal to those it's happening to. Eesh.

Julie: Glad your post finally took, aren't you a sweetheart! I hope your hedaache gets better and your food scale rights itself!

tracy: LOL @ neighbors with a crazy sex life. I have found that pounding on the wall definitely helps. BF and I have had the wall pounded at us a couple of times >.>

mh: I am the very last person to give fashion advice, but just wear whatever you feel killer in and ROCK it, like you know you can, because you are a BOSS.

quinn: Awesome at getting those taxes done. BF and I still haven't even gotten our W2's in the mail yet. Argh.

Darlene: Worry and stress really are funny things. I tend to gain or lose randomly when I'm under stress, there's no rhyme or reason to it at all. I'm glad you were able to let it go, though. Worry IS a habit, you're totally right. I asked BF about his seemingly worry-free lifestyle and he laughed, he said "Oh, I worry, just about different things than you do." Turns out he's always worried about me and hurting myself (I'm a klutz) and he worries about money. He says he's just better at hiding it than I am. Your government story sounds like a complete NIGHTMARE, ugh! I hope you get what you DESERVE.

Kim: Nice job on the weight training!!! You're so right, you can do one more day. One day at a time, that's the right attitude.

Mern: LOL! Whenever I hear lemons to lemonade now, I think of this line "When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give you lemons!" It's from a silly video game, but I LOVE that line. It actually does kind of pump me up and get me going, too! I am really wanting to get exercise in. It's becoming a habit NOT to do it, and that's bad. I often wish my parents had been more attuned to me as a kid - I was a bit of an oddball kid, and I think they didn't know what to do with me My Dad is wonderful but can be a bit selfish, too, and my Mom was working so hard at 2 jobs, since my father became disabled when we were young. But it is what it is. Many other parts of my childhood were a blessing - wonderful grandparents, for example - that I can't wish it any different.

Cassie: Log it and move on - which you did!! Good job. You're making the best out of it, which is exactly what you could do, I think that's awesome.

Watching this back and forth between Tori and Mike has had me rolling, lol. I also feel like I'm missing out on this facebook thing...

Health/Lifestyle/Fitness Goals

1) Calories between 1200-1500 daily. No single day over 1600. Week average around 1300. M: 1,490 T: 969 W: 1,244 Th: 1,520 (Week Average: 1,306)
2) Exercise at least three times this week. No excuses at all. None. Zippo. Zilch. M: No T: No W: No Th: No... I need a kick in the ass
3) Calorie deficit of 5,000 or more M: -339 T: -857 W: -569 Th: -293 (Week Total: -2,058)
4) Log everything, even those handfuls of M&Ms I've been sneaking lately M: Yup, even the M&Ms T: yes W: yes Th: You bet
5) At least 64-80 oz. of water daily. More is better. M: 80 T: 72? W: 72 Th: 88
6) One new recipe for lunch or dinner this week M: Not yet. Likely weekend. T: Not yet W: Not yet Th: Not yet
7) 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner out/takeaway, maximum M: No eating out T: No eating out W: lunch out (lab meeting) Th: Dinner out
8) Average of 25-30 percent protein for the week M: 21% T: 25% W: 20% Th: 23% (Week Average: 22%)
9) Weigh in M and F, post here M: 161.8 W: 159.5 F: 159.6

Other Life Goals

1) Clean the bathroom M: No T: No W: No Th: No
2) Catch up (and stay caught up!) on laundry M: Got everything folded and put away. It's a start. T: No progress W: Two more loads done, one to go! Th: No progress
3) In bed by 11:30 every night. No excuses allowed. M: yes T: No W: yes Th: Close, but no cigar (11:45)
4) Make an effort on my appearance every single day (This one's for you, Mike ) M: no makeup T: yes W: no makeup Th: yes
5) Post one wonderful thing that happened every day M: BF decided to end a toxic relationship that's bothered him for awhile. He seemed relieved - it was good for him. T: BF and I were both able to de-stress a bit. W: BF has a short story sent through from the screening editor to the real editor of a magazine - possibly paid!! Hopefully he gets it, but he needed the good news/ego lift. Th: My class went REALLY well, even though 2 hours of lecture can be deadly.

My only defense for yesterday's calories (not really crazy, actually) and no exercise is that I teach a class on Thursday nights from 5:30 - 8:30. While I usually don't use the whole allotment of time, this was a neuroanatomy lecture, and they had to learn a LOT. I got out of class at 7:45, and by the time I got dinner (BF had already eaten) and got home, it was closing in on 8:20 and I was exhausted. The class went awesomely, though, so I was happy with the evening. I still need a swift kick in the ass, though.

Still haven't heard from the college fellowship job yet. I don't know if it's good or bad I haven't heard. Could be any number of things - they haven't met yet, or are having trouble deciding, etc. Of course, the back of my brain tells me they have decided on someone else and are waiting to hear back from said person.... My brain needs to shut up.

The scale made me happy this morning, though 159.6 -- didn't bounce back over 160 like it usually does whenever I break a decade. We'll see what she says on Monday!

Happy Friday!

~Terri
Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

And Amy, trust me the dog is UGLY!! And named Skeetz, I call Jim Skeeter though. He's a half blind, no tooth having epileptic short haired Brussels Griffon. (look it up if you don't know what that dog is)
Agreed that breed is ugly, but I have to say my friend's dog is uglier. Google "world's ugliest dog", there is an image of one with it's tongue hanging out that looks a lot like her dog, only instead of brown, her dog is black with lots of gray hair (it's dead old), I think it hears and sees, but one ear has a rip in it that healed badly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.