Notices

Weighing In

Old 01-17-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weighing In

When do you weigh yourselves and how often?
I'll try to keep it at once a week but I know I'll be sneaking peaks more often. Also, I was told that you should weigh yourself first thing in the morning after you pee and before you eat/drink anything. That way it's more a "true" measurement. Any truth?

So I did this yesterday. I weighed myself in the afternoon and I was 158.6, than I weighed myself this morning and I was 156.8. Huh, I think I'll take the morning measurements!
Old 01-17-2012, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

I weigh in daily because I really feel I need to keep myself in check. I've tried only once a week, but I kept slipping with my eating and telling myself I can work it off before weigh-in (which never works).

It's right after I do my morning wake-up stuff (brush teeth and use the bathroom), then go to the basement for a weigh-in. The furnace room is the only place with an unwarped floor (it's still cement), so I feel that the scale is most accurate there. Oh, I do weigh naked.

Last edited by zyxst; 01-17-2012 at 03:12 AM. Reason: spelling mistake :)
Old 01-17-2012, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

I also like to weigh in daily. It really helps to keep my eyes on the target and I can make adjustments if my weight goes up in a day. I've found that when I'm eating properly, my weight can be even less in the evening than it was in the morning.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

I like to weigh daily. First thing in the morning, after I pee and before I become too active. I always have just my nightie on. I do this because it provides consistency for me. I will know if I was way off track the day before and be able to more accurately pinpoint a trigger food for myself.

Some people prefer once a week or twice a month. Some feel that they get obsessed with weighing. I actually may be obsessed since I hate to go a day without it.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:11 AM
FitDay Member

When I weigh myself I always go with a morning weight, but I don't think it really matters that much when you weigh yourself as long as you are doing it at the same time everyday so your measuring weight change over time instead of just the usual fluctuations that happen over the course of the day. My husband always weighs himself right after a workout. It seems like cheating to me, but since he is consistent about when he weighs himself I guess it doesn't matter. I don't weigh myself every day, but I definitely weigh in more than once a week. When I stop weighing in I start back sliding
Old 01-17-2012, 07:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I'm a once-a-weeker. But I totally understand why daily measurements can be important. I am one of those people that gets discouraged easily, so the normal, daily fluctuations can throw me for a self defeating loop.

I also weigh in pretty much first thing and w/o clothes. I even make sure that my watch and glasses are off. Good thing my scale as really large numbers
Old 01-17-2012, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

It's hard for me to know when the right time is to weigh because I work an overnight shift so my sleep schedule is a little off. I eat when I get home from work and go to sleep not too long after that. So I usually don't really start off with an empty stomach. My lowest weights are recorded after I wake up in the evening though so I usually try to weigh in then. Sometimes I weigh a couple of times a day just to see what my range is for the day.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:55 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zyxst
It's right after I do my morning wake-up stuff (brush teeth and use the bathroom), then go to the basement for a weigh-in. The furnace room is the only place with an unwarped floor (it's still cement), so I feel that the scale is most accurate there. Oh, I do weigh naked.
Oh thanks zyxst. Now I'm going to be dragging the scale down to the basement to see if it makes any difference in my weight. I know my bathroom floor is less than level, but it is really cold in my basement and I'm not sure I want to be naked down there.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

I weigh nearly everyday as it keeps me in check. I do not freak out too much depending on the foods I consumed the day before. If I have a large carb meal like pasta then I retain water like a sponge. For me it's just to keep me focused. I only record once a week.
I weigh in the morning cuz it just as routine as brushing my teeth.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

I am a weigh every day person too! Keeps me from straying. I also am starting to log that weight on here everyday! My official day is Wednesday...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.