Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-20-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Pam, I've read stuff about women being able to drink less because of weighing less than men of the same height, but I didn't put much stock in that until you mentioned you can't handle as much since you lost weight. Wow, you're doing GREAT this week. Kudos on only rice this week on your white food goal.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Terri, we MISS YOU!

Mike, get back on the wagon! Come on, buddy, I'm not joking. We really do care about you and want you to get back to caring more about yourself.

Last edited by Mern; 01-20-2012 at 02:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
2. One diet soda limit M: Yes (only 1/2 a can), T: Yes (only 1/2 a can again), W: Yes, Th: None!,
3. No added salt to plate M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch 3 times M: 1.5miles in 27mins, T: Raining, W: No, Th: No, F: No This one failed ... partially due to weather but partially do to a case of the "I don't wannas"
5. Exercise in morning 3 times W-F W: 1hr, Th: 1hr 5min, F: No, I needed more sleep
6. Listen to body when full M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,
7. Weigh and post daily M: 274.2lbs, T: 271.2lbs , W: 269.6lbs, Th: 268.2lbs, F: 267.6lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Keep hands busy in evening M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes , Th: Yes,
2. Make yearly GYN appt M: DONE! It's on 02.27.12 at 3:15pm
3. Don't cause panic until I have facts M: Yes, T: Yes, W: Yes, Th: Yes,

Last night was even more stressful than the one before. We are working on a solution but it isn't going to happen fast. Still holding fast with the weight losses consistently this week. I wasn't sure I would get one today. I didn't make bad choices food-wise but I also didn't eat dinner until 8pm and then wanted a snack at almost 10pm. I didn't stay up to work out this morning. I wanted another hour of sleep. I could have slept another 4-5 hours though honestly. Stress just kills my energy levels. And I am usually a very positive, energetic, upbeat person.

Through the stress, I have enjoyed reading all the funny posts about names. They are all great!

I might be back later with responses for everyone but for now....

Tori ... Great job on your loss so far this week!

Amy .. Nice savings! Hope your girls give you an easier weekend than they gave you this school week.

Mern .. I always look forward to your posts. You are always so encouraging!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
One of the downsides of losing weight is that my limit has has gone down as well. I used to be able to drink like a sailor... now anything more than 3 beers gets me talking gibberish. So, here's fair warning Tori

Originally Posted by Mern
Pam, I've read stuff about women being able to drink less because of weighing less than men of the same height, but I didn't put much stock in that until you mentioned you can't handle as much since you lost weight. Wow, you're doing GREAT this week. Kudos on only rice this week on your white food goal.

Just for the record, my reply to Pam above was in response only to her post which I quoted above that. And it was meant with respect for her insight and sharing. It was neither directed to nor about anyone else.

I'm so sorry if anyone thought otherwise. But sincere thanks to the person who PM'd me about it. I really do appreciate your pointing out that it could have been misread to be about someone else.

Big hugs to all.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:36 AM
FitDay Member

Hello my friends Thank you all for your condolences for the loss of mocha. My Dr has called and I need to see him at 3:40 today. I am sorry I only scanned the posts yesterday I have committed to a leadership position in an Alpha program that just started last night at our church so between that and all the sadness in our family it made for a terribly long day. I have a ton of running around to do today before my appointment I will try to come back and catch up later I hope you are all well and having a great Friday!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

Whew!

I think I got to about page 17 before I had to stop reading because I finished lunch. Then I got something on my desk and I just now got time to come in and make a post!

HI EVERYONE!

I have been very busy with my teaching, and also prepping for a BIG HUMUNGOUS JOB INTERVIEW that I just finished yesterday.

Before I catch up, though, I wanted to say to Darlene that I'm so sorry to hear about your pup, sending out big hugs to you. My family's lab mix was put down almost 7 years ago now and I still miss her every day. I also wish you well on your tests - I found a lump when I was 19 and it was pretty scary. After about a year of tests (and very bad doctors who insisted on giving mammograms to a 19-year-old) and a fast-growing lump, I finally got it removed on the advice of a wonderful surgeon who said "Hey, why don't I cut that thing out of you and tell you what it is afterwards?" Thank goodness it was benign, but the lump had grown to the size of a ping-pong ball and my breast tissue never entirely recovered. There's a "hole" there where it didn't fill in. Also a big 'ol scar running right across half of the breast. BF calls it my badge of honor and victory, or something like that Anyway, I think the fact that there are three of them clustered together IS a good sign, but I will be keeping you in my thoughts for sure.

Anyway, catching up with me:

BF still hasn't found a job Every lead is falling through and he's really discouraged. He filed for unemployment, etc., and is trying to keep himself from getting angry/frustrated/wall punching, but it's a daily struggle for him to feel like he's contributing. I try to keep him cheered up.

I had an interview on the 19th of this month for a Fellowship that I REALLY REALLY want. I think it went well. It was at Smith College in MA. I only really had one snafu which was a "D'oh!" moment. It happened with the Assistant Dean (of course) when he asked me if I had any questions for him.

Now, he'd gone over all of the things I'd wanted to ask him already, but I didn't want to leave the room without asking one good question. However, my mind drew a complete blank. It was my very last interview of the day (after a round of 6 others, plus a 1 hour talk) and my brain was a little fried. The meeting was also running over and I was concerned about catching the shuttle to the airport. In my haze, my mind gripped on to something he'd said -- He had informed me that family members of faculty members and staff could get waived tuition at Smith. So I asked "Well, I have a long-term boyfriend. If he were interested in going back to school, could anything be done to accommodate him?"

I asked if my boyfriend could go back to school.

At a women's college. ONE OF THE PREMIERE WOMEN'S COLLEGES.

The only saving grace, I think, is that Smith DOES allow men to attend their graduate programs, and I said "back to school." The Dean smoothly answered "Well, since he is a man, he of course couldn't attend undergraduate classes, but if he were interested in one of our graduate programs, that might be something to handle on a case-by-case basis." He then went on to describe the grad programs briefly.

I just nodded and smiled as if I'd been meaning to ask about graduate programs all along, while inside I was completely kicking myself. It wasn't that I'd forgotten that Smith is a women's college, I was just tired, groping for a question, and had a complete d'oh moment. I'm hoping it doesn't do me in.

Other than that, though, I felt REALLY good through the entire interview process. I didn't have any other awkward moments, I thought my talk went well, I thought I could be myself. I can really see myself working there, and I hope I expressed my interest in the job and the good fit. We'll see. They let me know they had one more candidate to interview and that I should hopefully hear something about a decision by next week.

I'd love to get this job not only because I want it, but because it would take away a lot of uncertainty about the future, which is sorely needed right now.

On the health front.... man, I've just not been doing well. I try to eat fairly well, but the motivation is completely gone. I've started to realize I'm showing some signs of mild depression, and I need to work out the root of that. I think it comes down to uncertainty and just feeling really unsatisfied with my current position. I'm trying to look towards the future and cheer myself up, but it's hard when it feels cloudy. I keep trying to tell myself that everything works out for the best.

I think for next week, I'm going to resurrect some "old" goals that helped keep me motivated in the past, and we'll just see.

I have missed all you ladies tremendously. I'll try to check in again over the weekend.

Love,

~Terri
Old 01-20-2012, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by dar n
Hello my friends Thank you all for your condolences for the loss of mocha. My Dr has called and I need to see him at 3:40 today. I am sorry I only scanned the posts yesterday I have committed to a leadership position in an Alpha program that just started last night at our church so between that and all the sadness in our family it made for a terribly long day. I have a ton of running around to do today before my appointment I will try to come back and catch up later I hope you are all well and having a great Friday!
You have nothing to apologize for. You have so much on your plate right now that I am surprised you even have time to check in at all. I am hoping for good news from your doctor today.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:42 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Okay, who am I kidding, I can't ever find the time to post goals, but at least I am making time to log.
Well, glad I'm not the only one. Goal of daily posting had to substituted with work and other commitments. Crazy week! Was lucky to get food and exercise logged in.

Hope everyone's taking good care of themselves. Hopefully after the next week or so, life will settle down
Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM
FitDay Member

I toasted one of those Stouffer's stuffed cheese pizzas for lunch. It comes 2 slices together with no way to separate them before cooking. Usually, I'll cook and eat both and just log double the servings, but today, I only ate 1 and saved the other for hubby's lunch. I really REALLY wanted both, but I didn't eat both. That's the most difficult part, I feel, not eating all of something when I couldn't make separate servings before cooking.

City was basically shut down due to blowing/drifting snow. I was surprised - schools *and* government offices were closed. It meant no going to get that whey powder, so stuck inside for another couple days. :/ In-laws have been prepping their stinky cabbage stew all day, making me avoid the kitchen, so another 9p supper. *sigh*
Old 01-20-2012, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, I apologize in advance, but I was laughing so hard about your interview story!

However, the reason I thought it was so funny was because I imagined the rest of the interview consisted of you being your usual, brilliant, polished professional self. I know you knocked 'em dead and hopefully good news will be coming from them soon How close to your family is this? That would be another bonus (I think...never know about folks' families ).

So glad to see you check back in. Keep coming back as time permits. Sounds like you need a day to pamper yourself also. I've been the unemployed-partner road before for an extended period of time and it is truly nerve-wracking...it's always there, but if you can take a few hours and do something fun just to put the stress on hold for a bit, you'll both feel a lot better. Be well! You know we're here for you!

zyxst, very nice on putting back the other pizza. One step at a time. Stay warm!

Quinn, did you make it back from the tundra? Sadly, the cold is only one of your worries when you brave the Walmart...

Darlene, hope the news was good today at your appointment.

I'll check in later; gotta scoot now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.