Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-19-2012, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, thanks for the swift kicked. Sadly, I think you may need to dust off the whip to get me in line.
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM
FitDay Member

Quick check in and then I'm off to bed. It was a long hard day. I didn't get close to getting all my work done today, but said screw it. In fact I think I told my store director those exact words. "Screw it. It'll be here tomorrow."

Health/Fitness
1--limit of 1300 cals a day--1290, 1202, 1299-how's THAT for staying within budget
2--water!!!!---EPIC FAIL FOR THE WEEK!!
3--work out 3 1/2 times--eeehhhh, who needs to work out? PMS is being a b*t*h and I just ain't wanting to do anything
4--2 lbs, again--starting weight this week a cool 219.6 lbs., didn't weigh, didn't weigh, 216.8

Life/Home
1--stay on top of paperwork--two days in and so far so good, work day three did me in
2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box--new litter bought, I'll count that has 1/2 completed
DONE!3--strip bed and wash linens--back up linens pulled from storage and washed, stripping the bed tomorrow and changin' them out
DONE!4--go to drug store and find new hair color--really need to wash this grey right out
5--call dr. and set appointment for complete blood work up. most importantly TSH levels and check about different asthma meds
6--don't let the guys at work get to me--it's a work in progress , they didn't bother me too much today....the actual work about did me in though

Super Duper tired and turning in. Night All!!

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-19-2012 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:06 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, who am I kidding, I can't ever find the time to post goals, but at least I am making time to log. Calories this week run 1064, 1987 (whoops, that was a bad day), 1134, 1187; I've exercised three times, hit the water and vitamins three out of four days each, and absolutely no time to journal.

Could have been worse; has been worse. I'm still reluctant to get on my scale but I did have dress pants on today that weren't snug anymore.

Tori, nice job on having goal 4 done already!

Mike, come on, dude. If I can climb back on, so can you. Don't make me come down there.

Ok, back to work. I'm hoping it's not dead this weekend because I'll have a bit more time and I miss chatting with you all. Even if there's not much time, please know I appreciate you and couldn't stay (or get back on ) track without your support, comments, and conversations!
Old 01-19-2012, 04:18 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
The guy's basketball coach at my old high school, his given name was Richard Cox. But went by Dick.....yeah, all the boys got a kick out of that one.
My mother was an intake worker for the Red Cross during the Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos exodus at the end of the Vietnamese war. One of her clients was Mr. Bang F**k (not quite spelled that way, but definitely pronounced that way). She strongly advised him to change his name
Old 01-19-2012, 08:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday check-in:

- 1700 Cals M=1574, T=1601, W=1466, Th=1667
- 30 minutes of free weights daily M=Y, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30 M=36/40/23 T=35/38/26, W=42/41/17 Th=51/29/19
- a stable 289 lbs M=293, T=293, W=291.5 Th=291

Went to bed too early (8.30) and woke up way too early (4.30). I'll end up napping sometime today, likely when I don't want to. Carbs were way up because I really wanted grilled cheese.

Supposed to go across town with hubby to his chiropractor appointment. Forecast is for 1 foot of blowing/drifting snow over the day.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:26 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
My mother was an intake worker for the Red Cross during the Vietnam, Cambodia, and Laos exodus at the end of the Vietnamese war. One of her clients was Mr. Bang F**k (not quite spelled that way, but definitely pronounced that way). She strongly advised him to change his name
My mom is a retired ER nurse. One night an Oriental couple came in, the wife was in hard labor and ended up delivering her baby right there, very nearly in waiting room. Anyway, they named their infant daughter (also not sure of spelling) Suc On Yu, the father's first name was Fook. Nice eh?
Old 01-19-2012, 11:28 PM
FitDay Member

Thursday Report Editing....

Health and Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories. 1,392, 1,396, 1,341, 1,805
2. 100 oz water. 124, 100, 100, 50ish
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 for the week. -821, -765, -1,107, -416 (total -2,693)
4. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min, 0 min, 120 min, 0 min (total 2:50)
5. Log everything, especially weekends! Y,Y,Y,Y
6. Weigh daily and post. 169, 165.8, 164, 163.8, 165.2

Other Goals:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage and start a second. N,N,N,N
2. Start Valentine letter. N,N,N,N
3. Speak at school. Done
4. Housework, 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry. YY,YY, YY, NN
5. Cross off 10 items on "the list". 2, 1, 1, 0
6. Fix the elliptical again. Ugh, that thing is a piece of junk. N,N,N,N

Yesterday I did fantastic at the grocery store, lots of bargains, decent coupons, mixing it up, saving money, whoo hooo hooooo. Not good enough for a spotlight on "Extreme Couponing", but I bought almost $400 worth in groceries for $170, and scored two $0.50 off/gallon of gas coupons which will save me $20 at the pump. I did not however do well on my goals. You can't be good all the time right?

I woke up at 3:45am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got a little extra "ME" time which helped me plan my shopping out, but by dinnertime I was completely exhausted and ended up going over calories. I just didn't have any energy left to summon my willpower, plus I'd been subjected to the aroma of BBQ beef in the crock pot all afternoon. Yummy food smell = bad trigger for me. There was also an unexpected cookie after school, OMG it was soooo good, I about had to put on a straight jacket to keep from swan diving into the pantry for more, but I managed to keep it to just one. I also got into a bag of nuts leftover from Christmas, thankfully they still had the shells on them, which slowed me down a bit. I kept wishing that I had squirrel teeth because the nutcracker just wasn't fast enough. I think I should keep those on hand all the time, you have to work for those calories (although probably not enough to call it a wash).

Tori I'm with you on the exercise, I just haven't been feeling it this week. Gotta go, time to throw children out the car, um I mean drop them off at school.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:14 AM
FitDay Member

Woke up to wind chills of -22 and unfortunately, I can't stay in... lots of errands and grocery shopping to do for the weekend. So, if you hear of someone on the news found with their feet frozen to the parking lot at Walmart, clutching a shopping cart, it's me.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I'm just busting your chops. And I've only passed out ONCE, ever! That may change, but for now the streak continues. I've learned what my limit is. Sadly "my limit" is still much much more than the average frat boy.
One of the downsides of losing weight is that my limit has has gone down as well. I used to be able to drink like a sailor... now anything more than 3 beers gets me talking gibberish. So, here's fair warning Tori

Originally Posted by zyxst
Thursday check-in:

Supposed to go across town with hubby to his chiropractor appointment. Forecast is for 1 foot of blowing/drifting snow over the day.
Yike! Be safe out there. Better to reschedule than find yourself being looked at by a different kind of Dr.

Originally Posted by almeeker
My mom is a retired ER nurse. One night an Oriental couple came in, the wife was in hard labor and ended up delivering her baby right there, very nearly in waiting room. Anyway, they named their infant daughter (also not sure of spelling) Suc On Yu, the father's first name was Fook. Nice eh?
Oh man, and John Cash thought that "A boy named Sue" was a problem.

Somewhere along the line I seemed have missplace Wed. posting So here is Wed and Thur. Doing pretty well this week. (Thanks ladies + Mike for keeping me on track!)

Fitness & diet
1.2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark M=N, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y
2.No white food M=Y, T=Y, W=N (rice), Th=Y
3.2 yoga sessions W=Y
4.2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5.2 Crossfit T=Y, Th=Y
6.Carbs less than 40%, M=Y, T=Y
7.90g protein M=Y, T=N (but close), W=N(close), Th=Y
8.1600 calories per day M=N (1825), M=Y (ok 56 cals over), W=Y (1345), Th=Y(78 over)

Home, hearth & work
9.1 random act of kindness/day M=not really, T=Y (let DH call all the shots, even though I was feeling crabby), W=Y, Th=N
10.Trim trees and chip
11.Plan replanting of front bed M=Y, T=Y
Old 01-20-2012, 02:28 AM
FitDay Member

I see the name and sex inuendo giggles went on without my participation. Probably just as well so I won't get the reputation of being a dirty old lady. LOL

Darlene, how are you today, honey? Any news on your test results? Know that we are here for you...

Connect, great job on the V8 and cereal bar. Thanks for the "heads up!" Good to know about the different levels of sat fat in various flavors of cereal bars. I don't eat those, but do monitor my sat fat, and I often log food of the same brand but different flavor as having the same nutrition facts as one I already have in my custom foods list. That was a really valuable contribution to my knowledge. Thanks!

Kay, great job on increasing your walking speed! That's QUITE an increase!

Quinn, I hope the wind died down so you could enjoy your shopping trip a little more. Wow! That was a PERFECT report you posted last night! Congrats on a job well done!

Amy, great job on controlling the cheat with just one cookie! That's nearly impossible for me to do! Also, kudos on the grocery store savings! LOL on the Rosemary Clooney Diet. "...'really?' Uh, who knew?" For those of you who may not know, she was a very talented, but very overweight actress when past age 45-50 or so.

Zyxst, wishing you safety and comfort if you have to go out to the chiropractor appointment. Not planning on cancelling or is hubby in too much pain? Of course everyone knows I cheat on my food plan from time to time, but I do now make my grilled cheese out of low carb tortillas instead of bread. Not exactly the same, but a quite nice substitute. Aw, sorry for your lack of sleep. I do that, too--I can be dog tired and go to bed early only to wake in the middle of the night unable to get back to sleep--unless I'm sick, on antihistamine, or physically exhausted.

Cassie, I totally understand your not having the time to post goals. There just aren't enough hours in the day for me to do all I want to get done while my grandkids are in school. Some things, if I don't do them during that time, just don't get done at all. I know getting up half an hour earlier would go a long way, but I'm so sleep deprived that I've not chosen that option.(That wasn't a whine--it was just an explanation.) Great job on logging and "condensed reporting." Hey, that's just fine. So sorry you are missing time to journal, though--I know that's important to you. Kudos on your dress pants not being snug anymore!

Mike! What am I gonna do with you? My whip just ain't gonna work! I think a better idea is to let Cassie come down off the wagon and get you as she threatened. She may be tiny, but she's as powerful as Mighty Mouse!

Cassie, go get 'im!

Tori, kudos on the weight loss this week!

Last edited by Mern; 01-20-2012 at 02:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.