Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-17-2012, 01:45 PM
FitDay Member

Who lied and said we were a chatty group??? I'm not the least bit chatty

April---It's such a great feeling when the scale goes the way we want it, isn't it? I stressed a lot last week because mine was kind of stuck in one spot or down like 0.2lbs. But in the end I pulled out another 3. I have those "don't talk or look at me" days too. Sometimes it's the smallest things that will irritate me, other times those same things don't bother me at all. You asked what I drink besides water or Dt Dew. I drink juice, milk, the occasional Fuze or Powerade Zero. And I've switched from the Southern staple of Sweet Tea to Unsweetened with artificial sweeteners. I think my not making my 4 workout goal is all a mental thing. When I see that FOUR my subconscious says OMG THAT'S MORE THAN HALF A WEEK! So I"m going to change it (at least in print) to 3 1/2 workouts a week. Kind of trick myself LOL! "My guy", if we can call him that, is a great one. Sometimes he seems too good to be true. I asked him why he doesn't want me to wait on him and he said it's because it's a lot to ask of someone. He also said that "military life" isn't for everyone, and he doesn't want me to automatically get lumped into that so soon after we started dating. He didn't think it was fair to subject me to that so soon. Yet he stressed that I was under NO circumstances to fall for anyone while he is gone. Casual dating is I believe what he called it. No more than 2 dates per guy and no sex with anyone! So basically I am allowed to get free meals......

Mern---AWWW a new great-grandbaby! Congrats!!! I'm also going to have to go back and get your recipe. I LOVE muffins, they were my breakfast staple for years. I had some really great pistachio ones before I started this whole lifestyle change, and the were DELISH!!!! I haven't found a good recipe for a healthier version though. So if you know of one, I'm all ears.

Joanna---I'm feelin ya girl! Getting up "early" stinks. When I took over my current position the woman before me opened at 5:30am. When my store manager told me that I said "well THAT'S gonna change!!" I now open at 8 LOL!!!

Amy---I do remember that character from SNL. It was back when the show was actually funny. I've never really given any thought to how people perceive me. I'm me, and if people don't like that, well then that's more THEIR problem more than mine. I've never questioned why my friends like me. And only occasionally have I questioned why a man likes me. I've always been very comfortable with WHO I am. It's probably why I'm still single. I've never settled, and I could have. I almost did. But I've always known that there were better things out there for me. If I never find "the one", well then so be it. But I'm not going to give up hope that he's out there. He just hasn't found me yet. I've always struggled with body image though. I'm not what society calls the "norm" and when such a fit and healthy man took an interest in me it kind of threw me. Personality wise we mesh....health wise, not so much. The hardest thing for me to overcome is mentally I'm still the fat girl that got made fun of. It's just going to take some time to get where I need to be. And friends like you guys will definitely help me get there quicker.

Originally Posted by ALMEEKER
I know a lot of people feel the need to delve deep and figure out why they binge. I've tried that, but have only ever come up with "I like to eat", no check that, "I LOVE TO EAT". We have to eat to live and dammit I'm a survivor!
I laughed so hard at this! I LOVE to watch the Biggest Loser, but I've never understood why there has to be a "reason" behind a person's size. A friend and I were talking about it once and I said 'you know, if I were on the show and they asked me that, I'd be like...uh I love me some tater chips!' That's basically all there is to it. I love food. Pretty much my entire extended family loves food. And we feed each other to show our love for one another.

Pam---Starting a new relationship is hard, especially the older I get. Like you said, I'm still in the middle of getting "me" established, and I don't want to overshadow that. "New guy" and I have known each other for years. He was one of the ones that I'd go to for advice with my man problems. I asked him what he meant by "he had wanted to ask me out but knew I wasn't ready". He said that he knew that I wasn't ready by the lack of spark in my eye. That there was a total disconnect when I talked to men. And he said that one day he saw that the Now Taking Applications sign was up. LOL So he applied. He knows where I'm at mentally and physically, one of the benefits of being friends before starting to date. He's been completely supportive, even taking me to the gym and making me get up early to work out (damn him). Now if I could get him to not order dessert......

zyxst---Great job on your calories and workouts so far this week! The first couple of weeks I tried to balance my pie chart to a certain carb/fat/protien percentage and I never could get it to what I thought it "should" be. So I said, forget it! I'm gonna eat better foods, and just stay within my calorie limit. And that's what I've found works for me. Let me know how you like the whey when you try it, I'm curious about it myself.

Cassie---I'm also a night person. The guys at work have a running bit about not speaking to me before 8. And the occasional Wednesday that I do have to work, I'm pretty much toast. My body has become so accustomed to having that Wednesday off (for the past 10 years) and it just doesn't work well. I'm also gonna get a late night work out in, it's when I function best.

Mike---Hope your meetings went well today and that you repeated after Nancy Reagan and JUST SAID NO (to the food)!! Yeah, Nancy was telling us to say no to drugs, but it works here too.....

Will post my Monday & Tuesday progress after my show goes off...

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-17-2012 at 02:57 PM.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:04 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I laughed so hard at this! I LOVE to watch the Biggest Loser, but I've never understood why there has to be a "reason" by a person's size. A friend and I were talking about it once and I said 'you know, if I were on the show and they asked me that, I'd be like...uh I love me some tater chips!
OMG, now we're even, cause I just laughed my butt off at that one. Oh no, wait butt's still there, it's the rest of me that's still a jigglin'.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

Checking in...

This week is off to a good start. I got my 7 hours of sleep last night, but then again, it helped the the kids had a two hour snow delay this morning.

I've been doing well keeping my carbs, fats and proteins to about 40/30/30, but I'll admit that a few of those fats and carbs came in the form of dark chocolate.

I came home at lunch knowing exactly what I was going to eat, and while I was home, I prepped dinner. Now I have enough left over chicken for about 2 or 3 meals later this week.

I did a little bit of kettlebell work yesterday. I wasn't going to count it because I was just basically doing a form refresher, but my muscles this morning are telling me to count it. Tonight I walked 5 miles on the treadmill.

Unfortunately, I didn't get any course work done tonight, and I'm not going to start working on it now or I won't get my 7 hours of sleep.
Old 01-17-2012, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Just got back home. After the meeting I had a 3 hour appt. I wrote a client another annuity. So that's one app down and some much needed $$.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:42 PM
FitDay Member

Monday & Tuesday reports....

Health/Fitness

1--limit of 1300 cals a day--1290, 1202
2--water!!!!---dangit, I'm trying so hard!!!, times 2
3--work out 3 1/2 times--N, ????, SO not motivated tonight. I was all ready to get my burn on and then realized I had nothing to eat for tomorrow and had to head to the dreaded WalMart.....now I don't wanna do anything
4--2 lbs, again--starting weight this week a cool 219.6 lbs., didn't weigh in today

Life/Home

1--stay on top of paperwork--two days in and so far so good
2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box--new litter bought, changing out the whole box tomorrow
3--strip bed and wash linens--back up linens pulled from storage and washed, stripping the bed tomorrow and changin' them out
4--go to drug store and find new hair color--really need to wash this grey right out
5--call dr. and set appointment for complete blood work up. most importantly TSH levels and check about different asthma meds
6--don't let the guys at work get to me--it's a work in progress

Last edited by ToriD1012; 01-17-2012 at 04:31 PM. Reason: updating calories
Old 01-17-2012, 07:48 PM
FitDay Member

Kay Your pancakes sound amazing I will try them. Dark chocolate in small amounts is full of antioxidants and are ready... good for us, you cannot imagine how happy this makes me.

Pam My best friend is also not a church goer and that’s just fine I love a good finger and toe crossing she will be sending good vibes in the morning and others prayers, I will take all the support I can get and I agree God hears us all. I am also happy that every time someone needs help this group of wonderful ladies and mike shares openly and honestly about their life experiences you guys have no idea what a blessing you are for me right now.

Mern My interview was at 3:30 I think it went really well, or should I say I was really myself so if I don’t get the job I will know that I represented myself with integrity and was true to my style of management and to be honest it’s not everyone’s style so either I am a fit for their brand or I am not I have to wait until next week to hear anything more.

Tracey Great job on getting back on track and steady calories are good it sounds like you are back to a great start.

Connect I use the 40 carb 30 fat 30 protein % as I find it’s where I lose the most weight the fastest. I often have 3-4 days a week my carbs go into the 50’s and my fats lower due to lots of fruit and veg but it’s not the same for everyone just keep tracking your food, activities and weight and use your reports you will start to see your own trends. If you do choose to try the 40/30/30 just make sure your fats are the healthy sort from nuts, avocados ,olive oil, coconut milk ,etc.

I miss Terri I hope she’s just busy with her teaching.

Amy Not a bad mother just an honest one and what’s funny is mine are adults and they were in the kitchen at 10pm fighting over who paid for the quesadilla in the freezer and who was going to eat it and what the other would do…. oh you know this fight, I actually wanted to go hit them both with a cookie sheet then eat the quesadilla so you have a few years of this to go still sorry to say.

Zyxst You are doing great! When you go to walmart check your powders for the highest protein lowest carb blend some protein powders have a lot of sugars so just do some reading, mine is 122 cal, 3 grams carbs, 24grams protein.

Cassie Thanks.

Tori Dating for free meals, lol that’s how my friend got through our university years aww memories. Your avatar pic is lovely.

Mike That makes for one long day, yeah on the $$.

I didn't exercise today I ate well but all my energy went into getting my head focused for my interview today.I am nervous I don't think sleep will come easily tonight but I can always go back to bed after I get home. My prayer is for quick results I hope since both tests are the first ones of the day that my doc might get answers before the days up. I downloaded a new computer game so I would have something to do with my hands other then eat while I wait for results.Thanks again for all your support.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2, T=0
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike, T=0
Squats 5 days: M=Y, T=0
Ab work 5 days: M=Y, T=0
Calories less than 1400: M= 1415, T=1193
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -681, T=-586
No sugar: M=Y, T=Y
Encourage everyone to be proactive with mammograms and breast health.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:02 AM
Super Moderator

Good morning ladies. I finished off my day with someone coming from New Orleans at 11:00 at night to buy my home gym set. This thing is huge (barely fits through my door... GARAGE DOOR!). He didn't bring and friends so it was just the two of us that had to lift it up and put in on the trailer. My back started hurting last night so I'll be a little nervous tonight when I hit the gym.

While at the meeting I passed by a little gift shop and saw a cool quote that I thought I'd pass along. "It's never too late to start your day over."

I do feel much better, stress wise. Making some $$ (I guess I should say $,$$$) yesterday was a stress reliever. GF and I are getting better BUT I still want to sit down and lay our issues out on the table.
Old 01-18-2012, 02:59 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene. Don't know what time it is there at present but I am sending you as much Irish luck as I can. Whatever the outcome today you know how many people you have thinking of you and ready to support you.

Mern, firstly many congrats on your new little arrivals. Going way back on the thread- we don't have health insurance in the UK , we pay national insurance which covers us for illness and injury etc and pays for our General Practitioners. They run well woman clinics etc but are pretty strapped for cash and too many people wanting appointments. However our health service is pretty near free at the point of contact and we are grateful for that.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:00 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone! From fraternity & sorority rush, to starting Rowing again, to PD, to Steg's hips, to my 19 credit hours.... I am crazy busy. But I've decided to just carve out an hour a day to plan my food, log it, and catch up on you chatterboxes :P

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!! My hipbones now show when I flex my abs! WHUDDUP! I found this out when searching for bruises & blisters after practice last night :P

1/18 - 1/22 Goals:
3L:
STRETCH:
Keep blood sugar regular:
Vitamins:
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. One diet soda limit M: Yes (only 1/2 a can), T: Yes (only 1/2 a can again),
3. No added salt to plate M: Yes, T: Yes,
4. Walk on lunch 3 times M: 1.5miles in 27mins, T: Raining,
5. Exercise in morning 3 times W-F W: 1hr,
6. Listen to body when full M: Yes, T: Yes,
7. Weigh and post daily M: 274.2lbs, T: 271.2lbs , W: 269.6lbs ,

Life Goals...
1. Keep hands busy in evening M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Make yearly GYN appt M: DONE! It's on 02.27.12 at 3:15pm
3. Don't cause panic until I have facts M: Yes, T: Yes,

Yesterday I ate almost exactly the same stuff as Monday and it worked again! Down another 1.6lbs for a total of 4.6lbs so far this week! Last night was an extremely stressful night at home. Son issues. I have determined that I don't always require extra food when I am stressed if there can be any good outcome of being so stressed out. Mostly when stressed out I just want to take a nap. I think eating was a way to not fall asleep before.

Pam ... Sure you can borrow my jerky making hubby. He would require the mountain house though! He does dinner on all week nights too but he is not a healthy-style cook so you have to limit your portions yourself.

Tracey ... Welcome or welcome back! I don't think we have met before.

Amy ... Not a bad mom at all to say your kids are driving you crazy. Mine did last night too.

Quinn ... Great job doing good while you were so busy. Sometimes that is the hardest because the easiest things to eat are sometimes the worst for me.

zyxst ... Good for you on cutting back on the carbs. Just please keep in mind not to set your loss goals too high so that you are disappointed at the end of the week if it doesn't happen for you. Not that 3 lbs by Sunday is too much to achieve.

Cassie ... Not enough eating one day will lead me to overeat the next day too.

Mike ... Yay! $$$ is a good thing!

Mh ... What's going on with Steg's hips? And yay for your hips!

Tori ... LOL @ Free meals! It sounds like your other drink options are pretty good. Just try to make it more of a habit to get more water in. I limit things around my water sometimes. Like I can't eat lunch until my 4th 16oz cup is gone.

Kay ... You are doing awesome on your goals this week!

Darlene ... My thoughts are with your for quick and good results today!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.