Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-16-2012, 03:32 AM
FitDay Member

I'll be back later to catch up on today's thread so far.

Cassie, congrats on "the boy" winning the tournament!

Mike, big hug to you as you and GF decide your future together. I've read some of your problems but am not offering any advice. Just like there is no one-size-fits-all diet, there is no one-size-fits all relationship repair. Still just wishing you happiness whatever you decide.

Had a lazy weekend eating totally off plan. No way I'll get a good report now on my blood sugar test next month. The A1C blood sugar (average over 2 months) report will almost certainly show a level just slightly over 6% putting me back in the lowest part of the pre-diabetic range--I'll guess 6.2% Last time I was down to a nice normal 5.8%. But my cholesterol and triglycerides should show a nice decrease.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Hey all! I'm in for another week. Will post goals when I get home from work and running to the pet store. (I need to make a goal of NOT looking at the loney pitiful kittens when I go in.) My weekend was all over the place. Way WAY up on Friday night, way low on Saturday b/c of the lack of appetite and then slightly up again yesterday. But I blame yesterday on CN....I swear the man is trying to keep me fat. Hope everyone has a good Monday. ttfn
Old 01-16-2012, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, I commend you for being able to say about your restaurant indulging this past weekend "it wasn't awful." Glad you got to visit with your mom.

Cassie, I agree the rest of your reports last week were stellar. Major kudos on that! I hope your headache goes away. I was punished by my carby choices with only feeling so sluggish from the spikes and plummets of my blood sugar. What movie are you going to/did you see?

April, a net loss of 2.2lb.s is "kudoworthy." Also kudoworthy is the burning of a lot of calories cleaning out your closets. Great job on getting rid of all your larger clothes! You are such an inspiration to us as are others here like Amy and Mike (I know I'm missing a bunch of you--sorry--my recall isn't great as I type this) and others who have lost a great deal of weight. OMG you were sooooooo active this weekend. My weekend was totally lazy and I ate like a maniac whatever I wanted. I'm back on track now, though.

Tori, so glad you had a good weekend with CN. We got our dog (deceased years ago after living with us for 14 1/2 years) from an animal shelter. I didn't want a long haired dog, but he picked US--standing on his hind legs against the cage door, wagging his tail, and loudly whimpering "Pick ME, Pick ME, Pick ME!" They pulled the wrong card on us--told us he'd be a small dog when full-grown-- part toy collie and part something else small--BUT he wound up being a 60 lb. part German Shepherd and part Golden Retriever. LOL

My goals are the same as always so y'all will see them in my Monday report tomorrow.

Menu today:

Breakfast skipped--not deliberate--just busy and never got to it.

Lunch: spinach and avocado omelet with roasted red pepper sauce, decaf almond flavored coffee with non-dairy coffee creamer

Dinner: meatloaf, spinach based tossed salad with balsamic vinaigrette, broccoli

Snacks: almonds, flaxmeal, low carb protein shake
Old 01-16-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie Enjoy your movie day. What are you going to see?

Kim Welcome!

Mike Good job on moving that scale down. Victim of doritos’ maybe you should take some self defense classes,lol.

Mary I hear we have switched weather forecast’s you have sun and + temps I am going on my hike with flurries and -3c (26f)brrr.

April Nice loss for you again. Way to go on getting rid of the old clothes that must feel very liberating. I am so glad you made an appointment that makes airing all my problems in public worth it. I wish I had been more consistent in getting mine done the problem we have is that this week’s mammogram will not tell us a lot as my last one was 5yrs ago because I had a “not me” attitude so I will need a couple this month unless the ultra sound tells them everything they need to know, so please be consistent don’t assume my first one was fine or I will do it later, it will save you a lot of worry if you ever have a problem.

Mern I hope all your reports are good let us know, your sugar may be better then you expect you have been so good since Christmas.You asked me last week about the job I have applied for its a hiring and training manager position for a large retail company and I want it really bad.

Tori My hubby thinks girls with a shape are much hotter than stick women as he refers to them as, your new man probably like your curves that not a bad thing as he like who you really are but it makes losing weight a little trickier but you will figure it out. Do not look at those cute kittens.

Ok I am off to freeze my tosh on my hike.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Health / Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water daily
2. One diet soda limit
3. No added salt to plate
4. Walk on lunch 3 times M: 1.5miles in 27mins,
5. Exercise in morning 3 times
6. Listen to body when full
7. Weigh and post daily M: 274.2lbs,

Life Goals...
1. Keep hands busy in evening
2. Make yearly GYN appt M: DONE! It's on 02.27.12 at 3:15pm
3. Don't cause panic until I have facts

Mern ... Thank you for the kudos! I have recently discovered that I have a lot more determination that I used to. Previously had I done that border, it would have been all I did that day (weekend maybe even!) but I knew I had to get my housework in so that I can concentrate on working and dishes during the week so that I actually have time to be with my family as well during the work week.

Darlene ... I'm with you on freezing off the tush! I just did my lunch walk. 1.5miles in about 20*F and windy. My face & ears were all pink when I came back in! And I know you will be out there a lot longer than that little walk I did. ... My GYN seemed to think that starting at 35yrs old every 3yrs would be often enough. I'm not sure if it is since I am large breasted but my tissue is very nodular. (You can feel bumps and ridges) It makes it very hard to do a self-exam without getting all worked up. So I usually leave it to her. I do a general feel in the shower and have my hubby follow up on anything that I think feels weird but she gets the last decision....Getting rid of those clothes was very scary for some reason. I guess because technically I could still wear a lot of them, they just were very saggy and there is that little hint of doubt in the back of my mind that I may need them again.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Joining the bandwagon with my goals for this week. The weight goal will, hopefully, be simple to reach and maintain. Last week, I kept fluctuating 4-5 lbs every day, which is disappointing (I know it's likely the imfamous water weight).

- 1700 Cals
- 30 minutes of free weights daily
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30
- a stable 289 lbs
Old 01-16-2012, 06:12 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi all,
I'm in.

I'm feeling a little under the weather today. It is pretty typical for me. Beginning in Nov to about New Years... who has time to get sick? Too much fun stuff to do, too many old friends, family, and new friends to catch up with, along with the regular work and household stuff. And this year I had a conference the 2nd week of Jan, so our last Christmas gathering was last night with the counsins. Whew! So now that things are slowing down my body is making sure that I take a break . It isn't really a bad thing and in the end it ends up setting me up for a great Feb on into spring.

The bad news is that it looks like I will have to go back on blood pressure meds , at least for a while. Ah well, I'm grateful that there are treatments as I'd rather take the meds that have a stroke... if you know what I mean.

Goals are pretty standard:

Fitness & diet
1. 2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark
2. No white food
3. 2 yoga sessions
4. 2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5. 2 Crossfit
6. Carbs less than 40%,
7. 90g protein
8. 1600 calories per day
Home, hearth & work
9. 1 random act of kindness/day
10. Trim trees and chip
11. Plan replanting of front bed
Not sure I'll get the exercise goals done, but I allowing a brisk walk to take the place of a run, if I just don't feel up to it.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, thanks for your encouragement on my blood sugar test next month. Hope you get that hiring and training manager position. How was your tushy freezing hike?

April, I love that you did all that work this weekend out of motivation to concentrate on working and being with family.

zyxst, hi! Welcome! Water weight is a nuisance, isn't it? Some people weigh daily and others weigh weekly or somewhere in between. Don't let your scale drive you nuts. Don't take your daily numbers too seriously (because of "scale fluctuations") and see how much you weigh NEXT monday. I like your sensible goals.

Pam, I'm sorry you're feeling under the weather. I'm all for meds when they're necessary. We certainly don't want you endangering your health since you aren't able to control your blood pressure without them. My sincere best wishes on that.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:04 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Almeeker, there was a day last week I did not respond to you...I didn't have the time to figure out how to put my thoughts into words but kept thinking about it, so maybe if I type it out now I can use it.

You had asked if it was that the things I used to do weren't working for me anymore, or if I just wasn't working the whole program. That's definitely a valid point and I would say it's a combination of both. I can't really work my whole program anymore because some things have changed (namely, my biggest calorie burn cardio class got canceled and I haven't found a good replacement, wrist/elbow/shoulder issues are precluding some tennis and weights, and time constraints have changed since joining another practice). The other part is that when I started FitDay 2 years ago, I was perfectly content on 1200, 1300 calories daily, but for some reason I find I can't stick to that now and I'm not sure why. I end up rebounding and eating even more than I would if I were just trying to maintain. You are absolutely correct in that what works, works, but I can't make myself do what works and that's what's not working! It's frustrating. But the bottom line is that I need to find what works NOW and do it. No excuses, no whining, just do it. Thanks for the thought-provoking question, because it really did twitch in my brain all week.
I have that same problem with calories, it's like my metabolism is wrenched up now and it's unwilling to starve. I cracked up that it twitched in your brain all week, believe me it's a question I struggle with all the time.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

April. Well done you on lots of levels, loss, work and activity. I know what you mean about throwing out the now too big clothes, in a way it's nice to put something on and feel that it's loose but if it doesn't fit then it doesn't flatter. I also have that little " but what if" voice.

Mern. I made muffins, apple and cinnamon and they are in the freezer ready for breakfasts.
I hope your tests pan out well, my BF is doing well so far with his blood sugars, so we are hopeful he can reduce the insulin and maybe even manage on meds and diet only. He's also down one size already.

I cannot make an appointment fo a mammogram unless I go privately but my general practitioner sends me for one every 3 years now that I am over 50. I also have a smear every 4 years. Of course if I had problems or symptoms I would be checked out immediately.

Today I have awful sinus problems and it is making me feel so miserable, I am about to head to bed with a hot drink and some meds. Will post goals tomorrow, but for info last week was a no loss week which isn't surprising.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.