Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 >

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Community
Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quick check-in; I'm falling asleep sitting up.

1. Limit calories to 1350. 1011
2. Exercise 6 times.
3. Journal mood-food-thoughts for everything that is not a planned meal. Yes
4. 3 sports bottles of water daily. Yes
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
6. Log everything and post daily. Yes

Welcome, those who are new to the thread, and great to see all the regulars as well .
Old 01-16-2012, 04:10 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Nice job Cassie, keep it up girl. Quick check in for me too. The water thing jsut didn't happen. Got lots of coffee and tea, but not much plain H2O. Calories were over because leftover smoked pork shoulder that was ssoooo much better the 2nd day and it was pretty damn good on day 1.
Will try to make it to CrossFit tomorrow... feeling a little better, but the energy level isn't quite there.
Fitness & diet
1. 2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark M=N
2. No white food M=Y
3. 2 yoga sessions
4. 2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5. 2 Crossfit
6. Carbs less than 40%, M=Y
7. 90g protein M=Y
8. 1600 calories per day M=N (1825)
Home, hearth & work
9. 1 random act of kindness/day
10. Trim trees and chip
11. Plan replanting of front bed M=Y
Nite everyone!
Old 01-16-2012, 05:32 PM
FitDay Member

Mern Congrats on the great granddaughter that’s so awesome do they live close enough you can visit.

Tori It’s awesome to hear that you are finding yourself and growing in confidence I think you are making great choices right now!

Mern I would love the prayer I have really trusted in Luke 18:1 this weekend and I believe I am running on faith and friends. My Dr said due to my age and early stages of menopause it could well be a cyst so that’s my prayer that I can join the group of ladies you know that just had lumps. I do know that everything I am faced with has a purpose and it’s been a real eye opener for me about how easily I share blessings and support others but how poor I am at asking others for help or even just admitting something is wrong in my life I will pray for myself and keep my fear to myself. I sit hear saying yes please pray for me and I realize I haven’t called my prayer chain because part of me thinks I shouldn’t burden others, I felt so guilty today because I didn’t want you guys to feel awkward about what to say to me then I felt like it was selfish to be so self centered about my problem, so obviously God is showing me some truths that I can only grow from. I will keep praying and not lose heart.

Cassie Nice start to the week.

Pam Glad you are starting to feel better.

Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=6.2
Exercise 5 days: M=Hike
Squats 5 days: M=Y
Ab work 5 days: M=Y
Calories less than 1400: M= 1415
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -681
No sugar: M=Y
Encourage everyone to be proactive with mammograms and breast health.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene, I think a lot of women have that same trouble. Our lives are so focused on taking care of others that we forget (or downright refuse) to care for ourselves, and that's true in every corner of our lives. When I first started doing this whole "get healthy" business, I actually felt guilty about the time I spent working out because it took time away from caring for my children. And then it occurred to me that by working out I was increasing my life span so I'll be around to take care of them longer, and that helped me to feel less guilty about it. I've taken it a step further lately and take them with me sometimes, which is good for all of us. So maybe that's the approach you need to take with your prayer group, it's all fine well and good to pray for others, but when you're praying for one of your own group that makes your chain and your faith that much stronger. It might also encourage others to ask when they need it.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:59 PM
FitDay Member

I swear, I am such a wimp! I have a 9 AM class this semester, which necessitates me getting up around 7:15, and it feels so EARLY! I know it's not compared to people who have real jobs, but ugh! I hate getting up this early. Anyway, just wanted to share that with you all

Darlene, I'm keeping you in my thoughts.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:00 AM
FitDay Member

Update on mine:

- 1700 Cals M=1574
- 30 minutes of free weights daily M=Y
- balance carbs/fat/protein to 40/30/30 M=36/40/23
- a stable 289 lbs M=293

The caloric balance is the most difficult - finding something to bring up protein without adding to the other two. :P
Old 01-17-2012, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by zyxst
Update on mine:

- 1700 Cals M=1574
- a stable 289 lbs M=293

The caloric balance is the most difficult - finding something to bring up protein without adding to the other two. :P
This thread may give you some ideas: http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ked-foods.html

There are a few other threads in which the question was asked also; if you go to search and type in Protein and indicate Title Only, it will pull a bunch up for you. Good luck!
Old 01-17-2012, 12:47 AM
FitDay Member

Monday Report

Health and Fitness Goals:

1. 1,400 calories. 1,392
2. 100 oz water. 124
3. Calorie deficit 5,000 for the week. -821
4. Exercise 7 hours. 50 min
5. Log everything, especially weekends! Y
6. Weigh daily and post. 169, 165.8

Other Goals:

1. Finish 1 rabbit cage and start a second. N
2. Start Valentine letter. N
3. Speak at school. No, don't have to the principal took care of it for me.
4. Housework, 1 hour daily + 1 load of laundry. YY
5. Cross off 10 items on "the list". 2
6. Fix the elliptical again. Ugh, that thing is a piece of junk. N

When I stepped on the scale yesterday morning and saw 169, I about burst into tears. I was bad over the weekend, but 5lbs seemed a rather harsh slap upside the head. My brother and his family flew in last Friday afternoon for Christmas. My SIL has a new job and couldn't take vacation over the holidays, but they happily gave her MLK off. My mother makes a weekend out of it any time they visit, so we ate mom's cooking for 3 days straight . I did fine on Friday night and Saturday through lunch, but my willpower imploded on Saturday night. My mom is a really good cook, everything she makes is delish, but almost none of it is healthy. And being that we were celebrating Christmas, she didn't hold back. Traditionally we fondu on Christmas, so I ate piles of meat and mushrooms cooked in oil and then dipped in butter, plus big fat chunks of sourdough bread smothered in beer cheese sauce, all washed down with mulled red wine (nary a drop of water down my gullet all weekend!). Okay maybe 5lbs wasn't all that out of the question after all. I'm glad to report that at least some of that weight is gone this morning. And the good news is that yesterday I craved water and healthy food, so I should probably get my butt to the grocery store before that feeling abandons me eh?

Darlene, when I make butternut soup, it's more of a technique than a recipe, sorry but I've never measured any of it. First I slice the squash in half, scrape out the seeds, put it cut side down in a baking dish with about an inch of water and bake it until it's soft. I usually like to wait until the skin over the seeds turns slightly brown (an hour or more depending on the size of the squash). At the same time I like to roast an onion and/or a bulb of garlic. When the squash is cooked through remove it from the oven and scrape the flesh out and dump it into the mixer along with some of the water in the pan and the onion and/or garlic and blend until smooth, it ends up somewhere between applesauce and loose pudding. Put the puree in a stock pot and add a can or two of chicken or veggie stock (or a couple of cups of water and some bullion cubes). Heat the soup but do not bring it quite to a boil, then add in either a tub or two of Greek yogurt or 1/2 a tub of fat free sour cream, season to taste and serve. If you're in the mood for a savory soup add in red pepper flakes or a little cajun seasoning, if you want it to be sweeter skip the onion and/or garlic add in a little maple syrup or some splenda and some cinnamon and vanilla. You can also use almond milk as a soup base instead of the stock or water, and then you can lower the amount of yogurt or ff sour cream. On chili I've put my recipe into a recipe calculator and it's 143 calories per cup, that was with with 1 lb ground beef, 2 qts. home canned tomatoes and 2 15oz cans of dark red kidney beans. I have a friend that does not like tomatoes and she makes her chili with pureed butternut squash. I've never tried it, but her family wolfs it right down.

Mike, those red beans sound awesome. I'm so sorry you have to go to an all day meeting, that sucks. There were times I ate myself sick at those sort of meetings just because I was bored out of my mind and trying to stay awake. Hopefully yours won't be that bad. There used to be a commercial where people imagined themselves turning into pastries, one woman had cinnamon buns hanging off her fanny, and another one had a guy wearing a doughnut around his middle. Just envision yourself with a giant pastry butt or a chubby muffin top, and maybe you can avoid some damage.

Tori, did you ever watch SNL? There was a recurring character (Kurt Smalley maybe?) where the guy would say, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and gosh darn it, people like me". Okay yes it was a goofy bit intended to make you laugh, but you would not believe how often I've said those words to myself in seriousness. So now you do it. Another time I saw an interview with Catie Couric, who is older than me, but not by much and was the youngest woman to ever land a job as a news anchor. Anyway I remember her saying that growing up her parents always told her the key to being successful and happy in life was to just be yourself. And when you think about it, that's really great advice, because once you start worrying about what everybody else thinks, it changes your behavior and consequently the way people perceive you. So squash that insecure school girl, she not the real you, she's only a figment of your imagination.

runbikeski, don't read this post, instead go get some water AND DRINK IT! I can totally relate to having issues getting the water down, I've been slipping on that one lately myself. Drat, now I'm hungry for a BBQ pulled pork sandwich.

Mern, congratulations on being a great granny again!!! For the record I was just trying to give you some motivation to get back on the wagon. I too fight with that little voice in my head shouting "you took one bite, and it was soooo yummy, so let's throw in the towel and eat the whole potful". It's too early to call that test a done deal, 40 days is a lot of time, and I still think you can make those numbers with flying colors. You won't know unless you try right?

Well the kiddos have a 2 hour delay for fog. It doesn't look too foggy to me, but I guess the low lying areas are down to less than a 1/4 mile visability.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-17-2012 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by zyxst
Update on mine:

- 1700 Cals M=1574
- a stable 289 lbs M=293

tuna
egg whites
cottage cheese
greek yogurt

Those are my go to foods for protein.
Old 01-17-2012, 01:23 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Monday, everyone..... Umm.. oh.. it's not Monday?? lol

Life has been predictably hectic. All of my adult life, I always look forward to January to take it easy, enjoy some good books, and "cocoon" during the worst months of winter. But, that never, ever happens. I thought yesterday was going to be a "catch up" day, but I had a boat load of elder care issues unexpectedly thrown in, of the administrative/insurance type, which took up most of my day.

I've been putting in 10-14 hour days since the first of the year and decided yesterday that I have to put myself and my health first before I can be of help to anyone else. So, today is my "Monday"; time to figure out my goals.

My eating has been largely under control, until this past week when I just stopped caring. Luckily, I shook myself out of it before too much damage had been done.

Time to focus, once again, on my health, THEN do what I can for the family. I don't want to come out of this busy time 25 lbs. heavier in the spring.

Simple goals to kick-start my healthy eating patterns again:

1. Log EVERYTHING!
2. Calories around 1200 during the week; 1500 on weekends.
3. Drink, drink, drink.
4. Re-eliminate bread... a big problem lately.
5. 2-3 fruits and veggies a day; no excuses.

Going back now to catch up with what's been happening. I miss you guys when I don't make it to the forums!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.