FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Support group for just women (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/support-group-just-women/6343-7-day-motivational-thread-starting-1-16-12-a.html)

ToriD1012 01-22-2012 05:02 PM

Hmmm I think I remember having goals at the beginning of the week.

Found 'Em!

Health/Fitness
DONE!1--limit of 1300 cals a day--1290, 1018, 1122, 1299, 1403, 1203, 1144
UUUUUGGGHHHHH2--water!!!!---not even close
Close but no cigar3--work out 3 1/2 times--3 times AGAIN this week. It's beginning to be a habit
Pretty sure I've got this one. The loss just has to stick4--2 lbs, again--starting weight this week a cool 219.6 lbs.--as of Sunday morning down to 216.8

Life/Home
DONE!1--stay on top of paperwork
DONE!2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box
DONE!3--strip bed and wash linensDONE!4--go to drug store and find new hair color--really need to wash this grey right out
5--call dr. and set appointment for complete blood work up. most importantly TSH levels and check about different asthma meds
I didn't even WANT to hurt anyone this week6--don't let the guys at work get to me--it's a work in progress

SPAMLEY 01-22-2012 05:13 PM

I'm in for the new week. Goals for this week - one week at a time:
*exercise daily and add it my fitday details.
*cut the bad stuff and eat plenty of the good stuff and not go hungry
*stop worrying about whether I'm loosing or not and trust that if I stick to the plan, something will be working.
*think about realistic goals for next week.
good luck everyone. L

01gt4.6 01-22-2012 05:14 PM

I hope that "stay on top of paperwork" doesn't mean that you are sleeping on top of it.

SPAMLEY 01-22-2012 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 69670)
Hmmm I think I remember having goals at the beginning of the week.

Found 'Em!

Health/Fitness
DONE!1--limit of 1300 cals a day--1290, 1018, 1122, 1299, 1403, 1203, 1144
UUUUUGGGHHHHH2--water!!!!---not even close
Close but no cigar3--work out 3 1/2 times--3 times AGAIN this week. It's beginning to be a habit
Pretty sure I've got this one. The loss just has to stick4--2 lbs, again--starting weight this week a cool 219.6 lbs.--as of Sunday morning down to 216.8

Life/Home
DONE!1--stay on top of paperwork
DONE!2--clean cat's bathroom---I swear, I think she purposefully throws the litter out of her box
DONE!3--strip bed and wash linensDONE!4--go to drug store and find new hair color--really need to wash this grey right out
5--call dr. and set appointment for complete blood work up. most importantly TSH levels and check about different asthma meds
I didn't even WANT to hurt anyone this week6--don't let the guys at work get to me--it's a work in progress

Tori
Looks like you could be on for your goal in March. So pleased you are doing so well. Love the other goals. Good not to be thinking food and weightloss all the time! L

ToriD1012 01-22-2012 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 69673)
I hope that "stay on top of paperwork" doesn't mean that you are sleeping on top of it.

Ha! Unfortunately no. The powers that be frown upon sleeping on the job. I have however asked if I could start taking 30 minute power naps and get paid for them. I am thoroughly convinced that if they paid me to take a nap, only 30 little minutes a day, that I'd get more accomplished. But they said no. SMH

Kay_in_PA 01-23-2012 01:13 AM

Alright, so here is the final tally for the week...

My goals were:
-Keep carbs, fat and protein at 40/30/30. It averaged out about right
-Plan and prepare ahead so I don't come home at 5:00 having no idea what I'm doing for dinner. This went very well.
-Drop another pound. I started the week at 153 and ended at 152.
-Exercise, at least 2 cardio and 2 strength workouts this week. Time to get more structured with this.n It felt really good to get moving. So good that I went well over on this goal.
-Get minimum of 7 hours sleep each night. I don't really know how I'm going to do this, but last weeks bout of insomnia was no fun. Nope. I tried, and I did improve my sleep, but I'm most productive in the lat evening and trying to get to bed earlier made me feel like I wasn't getting anything done.
- Complete 3 course assignments and start final paper. No point in creating undue stress for myself by procrastinating.submitted the last assignment yesterday.
- Finish putting away the last of the Christmas stuff and give the livingroom a good cleaning. I put away the Christmas stuff, but the room still needs a good cleaning.

almeeker 01-23-2012 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by dar n (Post 69615)
Amy Have fun skiing that must be a fantastic calorie burn. Your kids are so lucky to have you out cheering them on, my son told us once how happy he was that we were at all his meets and we have some great family memories from them.

I logged skiing as "skiing general", and according to fitday I burn about 7 calories/minute. So yeah, that's pretty good, less than running, but way more than the stationary bike (and let's face it, a whole lot more fun than the gym!). We were there about 4.5 hours, but I only logged 2.5 as skiing, since it's a short hill and you spend about 1/2 the time on the lift. I'm not a terribly good skier, but I will go faster down the hill behind my kids than I would choose to go on my own, that's for sure. Good grief the kiddies are all getting to be so good it's not even funny. Lickity-split down the hill, like demons I swear. Yesterday they were all invited to join the Jr. Ski Patrol. Unfortunately with swimming I'm not sure we can swing it. Maybe next year.