Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread starting 1/16/12

Old 01-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator

If it doesn't rain Sunday, I'll do my 5.5 mile hilly hike, which I haven't done since the end of October. If it rains, I'll run a 5K on the treaddy.

I'm going to stick to my calorie limit (1350), with a balanced pie chart.

I've got a to-do list broken into Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to do every last thing on there.

I'm going to finish the summaries of two reports tonight, write a competency eval tomorrow, and do half an eval on Sunday.

That is all.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:09 PM
FitDay Member

My weekend goals

Not gonna stress over it. Nothing I can do about it anyway

Figure out a way to recover all of my "lost" music on my iPod

NOT TO ORDER THE BBQ CHICKEN AND BACON PIZZA FROM PAPA JOHN'S

Not to gain any weight.....

That's about all I got in me this weekend.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:11 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene

WOOOOOO TO THEHHHHOOOOO!!!!!!

AWESOME NEWS!!! So so so very happy for you!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 02:14 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene- that's fantastic! I'm so glad
Old 01-20-2012, 02:22 PM
FitDay Member

That is for you Darlene!! Woohoo!!!!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv
I'm in -- I can't walk 6 miles in one shot, but I'll do 3 miles in one shot.
Originally Posted by cjohnson728
If it doesn't rain Sunday, I'll do my 5.5 mile hilly hike, which I haven't done since the end of October. If it rains, I'll run a 5K on the treaddy.
okay, it's on like
Anyone else going to put in some miles?
Old 01-20-2012, 03:41 PM
FitDay Member

I did 6 miles yesterday, but I took off today. IF we get the snowfall they are expecting, I think my workout tomorrow is going to involve a shovel, but there is always Sunday, so I'll throw in for 6 miles over the weekend. It is really kind of amazing to me. I broke my leg 13 years ago, and last month it was causing me so much pain that I went to see my orthopedist and the whole nine yards. When I decided to get serious about losing weight again, I was very tentative about exercise because I was afraid it would increase the pain I'd been experiencing. Well, I've only just gotten back into the exercise and it has hugely reduced the pain. Tonight, I don't have any pain in my leg and that is nearly unheard of during a cold snap when there is snow in the forecast.

Darlene, I am so happy to hear your results. Definitely celebrate!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:31 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by connect1
Terri, here's hoping and praying you get that job.

My day was hectic and stressful but made better with some planning. Fueled up with a healthy breakfast to start the day, packed healthy snacks for mid-morning that ended up being lunch. Arrived home starving but had a glass of water right away to take the edge off and didn't go overboard with dinner.
Great job on the planning - I knew you could do it!

Originally Posted by dar n
I have a lumpy cancer free breast if I knew how to insert a party pic here I would. I have 3 cysts and I learned some info I will share: because of my diet my vitamin E is low this can but not always increases the risk of cysts in women over 40 Vitamin E is one of the most important lipid-soluble antioxidant nutrients, it is found in nut oils, sunflower seeds, whole grains, wheat germ, safflower oil, corn oil and spinach.In addition to its activities as an antioxidant vitamin E is involved in immune function which may explain the multiple colds I have experienced this fall. My doctor has me supplementing my multi vitamin with 400iu and says this should help reverse the problem and hopefully help prevent anymore in the future but he also said they could just be hereditary. I also need to have another mammogram in 3 months just to be sure all is still well.
I seriously am going to pour myself a glass of wine and crawl in a hot tub and pray that this is the first of many blessings going forward. Thanks again for all your prayers and support this week it means allot to me!!!!!
OMG I am soooo happy for you. Enjoy you wine, soak, and relaxation. You have more than earned it. I hope your friends and family realize how lucky they are to have you in their lives.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Who's in to make a commitment to check in, stay strong, and make the weekend stronger than the week? Anybody want to throw down any challenges? Goals?
me, me, me. It should be a little easier to be good this weekend as DH is at the mountain house. All of the worst temptations are with him . Mostly I just want to stick to my weekday goals.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
okay, it's on like
Anyone else going to put in some miles?
6 mile run anyone? I've been really slacking off on the running this month. After all it is bitter cold here in SoCal. All the way into the 40s .
Luckily one of my running buddies want to run on Sunday, so hopefully he will help me keep my promise.
Old 01-20-2012, 05:36 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Checking in:

Fitness & diet
1.2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark M=N, T=Y, W=Y, Th=Y, F=Y
2.No white food M=Y, T=Y, W=N (rice), Th=Y, F=Y
3.2 yoga sessions W=Y, F=Y
4.2 runs (even if they turn to walks)
5.2 Crossfit T=Y, Th=Y
6.Carbs less than 40%, M=Y, T=Y,W=N, Th=Y, F=Y
7.90g protein M=Y, T=N (but close), W=N(close), Th=Y, F=Y (89.4 close enough)
8.1600 calories per day M=N (1825), M=Y (ok 56 cals over), W=Y (1345), Th=Y(78 over), F=Y (1500)

Home, hearth & work
9.1 random act of kindness/day M=not really, T=Y (let DH call all the shots, even though I was feeling crabby), W=Y, Th=N, F=N (didn’t really get the chance, but I was nice all day long, if that counts)
10.Trim trees and chip
11.Plan replanting of front bed M=Y, T=Y
Today and this evening was great. Boiled shrimp for dinner w/a big salad after a great yoga practice. Time for bed.
Nite, nite all...
Old 01-20-2012, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

If it doesn't rain Sunday, I'll do my 5.5 mile hilly hike, which I haven't done since the end of October. If it rains, I'll run a 5K on the treaddy. Friday on the stationary bike

I'm going to stick to my calorie limit (1350), with a balanced pie chart. 1319, yep

I've got a to-do list broken into Saturday and Sunday, and I'm going to do every last thing on there.

I'm going to finish the summaries of two reports tonight, write a competency eval tomorrow, and do half an eval on Sunday. Summaries are done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.