Notices

Tummy Tuck

Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Tummy Tuck

Hello ladies,

I am a new comer here but have lost 9 kilos in another site post pregnancy. I look forward to lose weight here, support others and get some support myself to keep me motivated.

I have had a tummy tuck recently and I am very satisfied with the results. It is just I am not sure how to keep my belly off from growing. The down side ”where I have had the surgery” is totally slim but the area closer to my belly button has started to get round and I guess I am getting a belly. Has any one have an experience with tummy tuck?

Good luck to all!
Old 01-14-2012, 11:47 PM
FitDay Member

I haven't had any type of surgery like that but have you talked to your surgeon's office about what to do post-surgery to maintain your good look? Also you might talk to a nutritionist or dietitician and see what they say.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:57 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Hi Lilaaa,
I had a little lipo below the belly button several years back. One of the drawbacks of these surgeries is that once the fat cells are removed, they don't grow back, so if you do gain weight the fat is deposited in different (occassionally unusual) areas.

I suspect that if you modify your diet and increase the exercise a bit, those little pudgy spots will fade away.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

It has been only two months since my surgery. I have maintained my weight but am not able to exercise yet.

I suspect what is really happening is that since the fat part “ below belly button” is gone and this was the area I was always concerned about and tried to hide, I have started to see other parts and this is the bum on top of my belly button.

Pam you are right, I have noticed that the small area on which I got the lipo “ love handles” look a bit strange, but am thinking it may go away as my body is still adjusting.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Default Had a Tummy Tuck and Lipo

I lost 70 pounds and then had to have a tummy tuck. I had over five pounds of hanging skin that just would't go away with exercise. I tried everything and no luck. Needed the surgery.

Now the maintenance is a daily work in progress. Staying on the diet and daily exercise are whats needed. HARD work any way you look at it. I count every calorie I put in my mouth every day! Nobody said it would be easy right

If you are looking for more information on tummy tucks, lipo and surgical information and support I found that on RealSelf.com. You should check it out and I know you will love it.

Fitday is awesome and my bible for the diet but RealSelf is for surgical information and support in that area. I spend more time on line that I do anywhere these days