Notices

Protein Shakes

Old 01-12-2010, 01:48 AM
FitDay Member

Wink Protein Shakes

Hello ladies,

have any of you ever tried proteing shakes? well I was reading about Protein Shakes made with when and soy proteins. Apparently is supposed to make you feel fuller longer while giving you a good dose of protein and fiber.
I am thinking about starting to drink those, by making them myself all I have to do is buy the Whey proteing and some soy milk...

any comments if you have tried it?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

The only whey protien shakes I've tried are from Walmart called body fortress comes in a huge container for $15.00 taste good too
Old 01-13-2010, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by msmarilyn3
The only whey protien shakes I've tried are from Walmart called body fortress comes in a huge container for $15.00 taste good too
thanks msmarilyn i will look into that!
Old 01-13-2010, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

I started using a protein shake about three months ago that I really like. It's by Dymatize Nutrition and is called Elite Whey Protein Isolate. I use the Rich Chocolate flavor, but they have lots of different flavors available. It has 24g of protein and only 117 calories and mixes easily with water or milk, so I'm sure you could mix it with soy milk too. It really does help you feel full longer and helps me to balance out my protein / carb / fat ratios. I compared a lot of different shakes on Amazon, and thought this one had a fairly high protein content for the calories compared to others. I originally bought it at Amazon and just re-ordered directly from the supplier at [link removed]

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-18-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

[QUOTE=emilymckelvain;858]I started using a protein shake about three months ago that I really like. It's by Dymatize Nutrition and is called Elite Whey Protein Isolate. I use the Rich Chocolate flavor, but they have lots of different flavors available. It has 24g of protein and only 117 calories and mixes easily with water or milk, so I'm sure you could mix it with soy milk too. It really does help you feel full longer and helps me to balance out my protein / carb / fat ratios. I compared a lot of different shakes on Amazon, and thought this one had a fairly high protein content for the calories compared to others. I originally bought it at Amazon and just re-ordered directly from the supplier at [link removed]

thank you so much! i had looked into a mix they sell at GNC its whey protein and you just have to mix it wiht soy milk and you can add berries or any kind of fruit you like. I do really need to get more protein in my diet so I will buy that then, thanks for the reply!

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-18-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Do you drink these shakes in place of a meal or have them for a snack? I tried one by Metabolife and was told that it should take the place of a meal, that it would make me feel full etc. I was hungrier after I drank it than I was before. I guess I just have to have food to make me feel full instead of drinking my meal. I haven't had another one since.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I use Myoplex lite in place of milk with my Kashi Go-Lean cereal in the morning. Gets me about 15 grams of fiber and 30 grams of protein in one bowl, only costs about 281 calories...if you use the chocolate Myoplex it sort of tastes like cocoa puffs cereal!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi showmenow, I've used the protein shakes both ways. If I've eaten heavier during the day, sometimes I'll just have a protein shake in the evening, but usually I use it to supplement what I eat the rest of the day, most commonly right after a workout.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:24 PM
FitDay Member

Question Best protein shakes for women?

I live in the UK, I'm very confused about protein shakes and I would like to know what ones are best to help boost my protein intake without huge muscle bulk? It would help if they are sold in the UK as I don't want to pay huge postage costs.

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-13-2010, 11:08 PM
FitDay Member

I buy a brand called Spiru-Tein. I have no idea if you can buy it in the UK. I like it because it's only got 96 calories per serving, a ton of vitamins that I do need, and not too many of the muscle building nutrients added to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.