Notices

A new year

Old 01-16-2012, 06:46 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by Kay_in_PA
Hey Pam, great to "see" you again. Today I went to the mall and shopped some clearance sales. I bought a couple new pairs of pants because I have so few work clothes that fit. I hadn't wanted to buy anything and thought not having anything fit would motivate me, but instead it just depressed me. So I have pants that fit now, and I reorganized my closet so that the clothes that fit are front and center, but the clothes that will hopefully fit soon are still ready and waiting. I'll get there.
It is probably just me, but having clothes that fit, even if they aren't the size I would like them to be, just seems to help with my self image and self confindence. Both of those seem to be very important in following through with goals and promises made to myself. So I am glad you picked up a few things to tide you over, and I am sure that you will be back to the clothes-in-waiting very soon
Old 01-18-2012, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Red face logging sleep

Hi Wilderbeanz,
I am finding that logging in the sleep is making my calories burned more accurate,i.e. less than I thought originally. Now I have to find the right balance for myself to lose the weight. I changed my Profile to sitting with some movement as well so that makes me have a lower calorie burned to start with too. I will keep on trying until something works!
Thanks again for the advice.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:59 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Pam, great to "see" you again. Today I went to the mall and shopped some clearance sales. I bought a couple new pairs of pants because I have so few work clothes that fit. I hadn't wanted to buy anything and thought not having anything fit would motivate me, but instead it just depressed me. So I have pants that fit now, and I reorganized my closet so that the clothes that fit are front and center, but the clothes that will hopefully fit soon are still ready and waiting. I'll get there.

Rubystar, I have a food scale and an army of measuring cups. Seriously, somehow I have accumulated no fewer than 4 sets of measuring cups so I have no excuse at all. LOL! I've been using them faithfully since the first of the year.
KAY! I am so proud of your new found motivation! You are motivating me now. I went through my closet about 3 months ago, but I need to do it again. I HAVE to get rid of the clothes that I can "grow" back into. I HAVE to alter the ones that I want to hang on to... (I can't afford to buy ALL new shirts so I will take them in on the sewing machine THIS WEEKEND!) What you did was PROFOUND! Congratulations!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mariogames142
can u explain few more tips for weight loss
Hello Mario Games. It looks like you are new here, so welcome. There is a post with an excellent collection of tips in the weight loss tips discussion board. I will try to link to it for you.

Good luck to you.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ight-loss.html
Old 01-22-2012, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Hello Mario Games. It looks like you are new here, so welcome. There is a post with an excellent collection of tips in the weight loss tips discussion board. I will try to link to it for you.

Good luck to you.

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ight-loss.html
+1 For Kay_in_PA!

Old 01-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by VitoVino
+1 For Kay_in_PA!

I second and applaud Kay's use of Best of...although the Mario poster was a spammer and got whacked by Mike.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:57 PM
FitDay Member

Actually, more accurately, that was a troll. And they are getting more desperate because we are on to their games.