Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

Mine's been on the books for a while and is Jan 24. I don't think it's so much the fear of discomfort that keeps people away; I think it's the inconvenience...one more thing to put into busy lives. That's not an excuse, but I understand it. If work is busy, I often don't think twice about bumping a doctor's appointment for myself. I'm better now than I used to be, thank goodness, but there's always room for improvement.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 PM
FitDay Member

I ate way better today I was craving carbs probably because of that horrible mcdonalds yesterday so I roasted half a squash blended it up with butter and cinnamon and oh my it was a wonderful treat and I didn't ruin my calories today.
I hope you all had a great day.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:47 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie Its funny you say that I will reschedule my dr's appointments also but always make sure kids and hubby make it to theirs it seems silly that we put our own health at the bottom of the to do pile.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Darlene - Thanks for even thinking of me during what you're going through. I'm hoping for the best outcome & praying for you! I'm proud of you, BTW, of how you're choosing to vent instead of "stuff". That's a side challenge that you are passing with flying colors. Here's to you - that you join the 85% ranks -
.................................................. ....................................
Mike ~ You look awesome in pink!
Today, as I lay about (getting rid of sickness), I kept thinking of certain statements that you made related to your current troubles & how it seems to me that you've a great head on your shoulders. I really hope things work out for you.

Think I'll need to reschedule the dietician appointment tomorrow.
I'm rethinking goals for this coming week. I keep trying to think how to incorporate my goals so that my actions become more & more lifestyle like.

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-15-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you Luv! Did you see me in pink?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:00 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thank you Luv! Did you see me in pink?
Did you actually wear pink? I was referring to your post. I'd love to see it though!
Old 01-15-2012, 05:05 PM
FitDay Member

He sure did and he did look awesome in pink.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fit4luv
Did you actually wear pink? I was referring to your post. I'd love to see it though!
Yes, I held up to my end of the bargain of making a video of me wearing pink for raising over $1,000. For $3,000 I was going to shave my legs and wear a tennis skirt but never got that far.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

I had my first mammo the first week in January, it came back "normal". I was nervous about going, mostly because I'd never been before and when you think about it, seems like it would be painful right? It isn't painful, uncomfortable maybe, but the whole thing took 10 minutes total and the most uncomfortable part is about 10 seconds long. For those of you that have never had a mammogram, let me just say that it was faster and much less unpleasant than getting a filling and a whole lot less uncomfortable than a pelvic exam. That is not to say is was as lovely and relaxing as a trip to the day spa!