Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-11-2012, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

Oh, Mary had some really good ideas about losing muscle mass.

Way to go, Mary! Sounds like you know a LOT about that stuff.

I forgot I decided that starting this week, when my goal is an AVERAGE for the week, if I go over on any given day I will put that daily number in BLUE. To me RED signifies that I did not meet my goal and my goal for the averages is a GREEN AVERAGE at the END of the week. I'm glad I remembered that this evening because it's two less RED numbers from yesterday staring me in the face; so my disappointment in myself is lessened as I can put those two otherwise red numbers behind me.

Food has been strictly on plan today, but my day got messed up with other stuff going on. Before I knew it, it was time to pick up the kids from school and I didn't have my exercise in. Here it is almost 7:30PM and I STILL don't have it done. I'm scheduled off exercise on Thursdays and Sundays, so I'm taking today off and will exercise tomorrow instead. I know I'm not required to report that (LOL) but sometimes writing stuff out here helps me with my determination to make right something I should have made time for in my day.

Amy, when you feel tense, try clenching your BUTT CHEEKS instead of your JAW. You'll have a skinny tush in no time!

Last edited by Mern; 01-11-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Hey ladies! I've been super busy, but feeling a little better. Not quite pimptastic, but better. I did write 2 policies today, which is always a plus!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:31 AM
FitDay Member

Aw, Mike, glad you're feeling a bit better today. Congrats on writing two policies today!

Going to watch some TV and then to bed early again.

Goodnight, all!
Old 01-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Mern, kill 2 birds with 1 stone and watch TV in bed.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Just realized I never posted my Tuesday numbers, so I'll kill 2 birds with one stone and do yesterday and today all at once

Health/Fitness

1--1200 to 1300 calories during the week, max 1500 on the weekends--1228, 1079, TBA but I know it'll be under 1300
2--at least 64 oz water a day!--oh yes I did, didn't get the full 64 but it was a close call. I'll call it a draw seeing as I only had the 1 Dew again, not even close!!!
3--exercise at least 4 times--I've GOT to nail this one this week. I start out the week so good and then the latter part rolls around and I get tired. BUT NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK!!--yes, yes, day off
4--shooting for at least a 2 lb loss--starting weight Monday morning~222.8--didn't weigh, up 0.6, down 0.2 from starting weight.....all over the place so far this week

Life/Home

1--clean out car--UGH it's driving me insane!!--didn't have to build an ark, so I got most of it done, still need to vacuum her though
2--keep up to date on paperwork--so far so good this week
3--go BACK to store and get them to take the security device off new sweater--tomorrow after work
DONE!4--clean out refridgerator--it's not pretty in there --OH YEAH BABY! Nothing too scary either, AND now I can see what is exactly in there
Old 01-11-2012, 01:19 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Huh! I didn't know one would lose lean body mass unless they were sick and the muscles atrophied from lack of use. I'd like to know how that works, too.
There are smarter people than me out there, but what I would tell a client is the body can only be in one state at a time: anabolic (growing-which can be muscle or fat--usually a combination of the two) or catabolic (decreasing stored muscle and/or fat--usually a combination of the two). There is always the exception of a person who begins a challenging weightlifting program, who hasn't lifted in the past, and who is also using more energy than they're taking in. Most people lose muscle along with fat when they lose weight. I agree with Mary, though, that if you eat a lot of protein while you cut calories and you lift fairly heavy, you can maintain more muscle than someone who doesn't eat much protein. I also agree that bodyfat tests have at least an error margin of 3-5% and that's with an experienced person doing the test. Also, you always want to have the same person do the measurements.

One of the main reasons why crash dieting is so bad (particularly without exercise) is people tend to lose muscle rather than fat which causes their metabolism to slow and then when they go back to their "normal" diet, they gain more weight than they originally had because they have less muscle...slower metabolism.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but I was on a roll
Old 01-11-2012, 01:35 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Amy, when you feel tense, try clenching your BUTT CHEEKS instead of your JAW. You'll have a skinny tush in no time!
OMG, ROFLOL, you sister are too funny. I'll have to try that, hopefully I'll get a skinny butt, chances are I'll be constipated too! LOL.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:37 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Why are you typing with one finger??? Thumbs baby, thumbs!!!
Because I have an iPhone not a Droid.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Because I have an iPhone not a Droid.
As do I! LOL! I LOOOVVEE my phone, and am almost as quick typing on it as a regular keyboard. Have you tried turning it to landscape when you're typing on it?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
As do I! LOL! I LOOOVVEE my phone, and am almost as quick typing on it as a regular keyboard. Have you tried turning it to landscape when you're typing on it?
So when are you going to play Words With Friends with us? I got Amy hooked and she even got the Baldwin dude kicked off the plane.

I just had a Sonic Blast, I was craving it so much. Just finished it and now I almost feel sick. It seemed like way to much, which is odd b/c I haven't been going low carb...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.