Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Why the back tracking? Wouldn't it have been more efficent to stop in G'ville on the way to Atlanta, and THEN head back to Clemson? It's all on I-85....just curious. And you should have waved and honked the horn when you went through G'ville, I spent 10 long hours there yesterday at work.
Had to pick fraternity brother (coed honors frat) up from ATL airport because she missed her flight, then drop her off at her mother's house in Greenville, THEN drive my ass to Clemson for a power nap before heading to class. Also, homegirl, if you live so close, we should schedule a workout date once a month!!! :P

Last edited by mhibdon; 01-11-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Had to pick fraternity brother (coed honors frat) up from ATL airport because she missed her flight, then drop her off at her mother's house in Greenville, THEN drive my ass to Clemson for a power nap before heading to class. Also, homegirl, if you live so close, we should schedule a workout date once a month!!! :P
Well, now that backtracking makes sense. Live in Sptbg, only work in Gville.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

April! Kudos on all that green! Just a red for not having done your handwashing yet!

Tori, so sorry about your head whacking! Feel better soon! I couldn't afford gym membership until I turned 65 and my medicare health insurance program covers 100% of my membership at the Y. One of the perks of aging. Planet Fitness gym here has treadmills, ellipticals, weights, and a few other things (I've never been there) for just $40 downpayment and $10 per month. You have any of those near you? I laughed and then snorted like a pig over your misreading Mike's "get the funk out" post. You naughty girl! LOL

Joanna, I shall make it a point to make the rest of my week "shiny and awesome." Thanks for your encouragement, sweetie! Glad you made it to the gym and that your weight is going back down. Those plateaus really are discouraging, aren't they? But they don't last forever--luckily.

Beth, I copied the muffin and coffee image from the Internet. Was nice I found one that fit so well. Hmm, I tried hummus once, but I must have put too much lemon or onion in it. Don't know if it was the recipe or if I just don't care for hummus. Got a recipe you can share? Oh, eggwhites would make a nice base to spread it on. Is that what you do? Would love to see a picture of yours.

Will have to proofread later--gotta take GD to work.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Also, does anyone have any tricks on soothing sensitive teeth? I did a whitening proceedure given to me by my dentist and I feel like I've been curbstomped
I've been having issues with my teeth lately too, went to the dentist thinking I had cavities. Nope, teeth are fine, but apparently I'm clenching my jaws all the time, so dentist prescribed Sensidine toothpaste for the sensitivity and yoga "moments" for the tension. So when my teeth hurt I'm supposed to stop everything for a few seconds and relax one zone at a time until I'm completely relaxed. And if that doesn't work she'll have me fitted for a mouth guard to sleep in. Can't you just picture how sexy that'll be?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
Once again, totally enjoying reading everyone's posts.

The conference starts this evening. I have today to work out, even made a pedicure appt at the salon associated w/the conference ctr. BUT I forgot my damn power cord for the computer, so this afternoon, I'll have hunt up a computer/electronic store and buy one , otherwise I'll go into meltdown withdrawls from you all.
Awww, how sweet are you? Melting down in front of complete strangers at a conference would be really funny and maybe liberating, but maybe not the first impression you were hoping for, lol. I feel the same way when I'm off-line for a few days. Luckily Mike reminded me that I can log on from my phone, where it's quite easy to read the posts, less easy to respond. With 10 fingers I can type almost as fast as I speak, but that one finger typing takes so long I forget what I'm trying to say by the second or third word.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:14 AM
FitDay Member

So, I went and got another fitness assessment today (you may remember that I signed up to do three this year through my gym membership, the first one being in August.) Anyway, so I've lost 13 lbs and did better in almost everything, which is great! However, while my body fat percentage went down, apparently half of what I lost was lean body mass, as opposed to fat. Does anyone know how that works? I mean, I've been doing weights and stuff, so I wouldn't think I'd be losing lean mass, but I may just not know how it works.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Does anyone know how that works? I mean, I've been doing weights and stuff, so I wouldn't think I'd be losing lean mass, but I may just not know how it works.
Huh! I didn't know one would lose lean body mass unless they were sick and the muscles atrophied from lack of use. I'd like to know how that works, too.
Old 01-11-2012, 10:17 AM
FitDay Member

There are likely people here who can give a better answer than I can however that never stops me. The first thing I would do is check out your protein intake and see if it is too low. Also do you have any idea how relaible their test is? Do you feel like you have more of less muscle? Can you see a difference in your muscle definition? That is one of the things I have noticed improving. Joanne Did you gain over christmas? That would likely be fat that could distort the test -- maybe. I'm just brainstorming here so feel free to tell me I'm off track. Mary
Old 01-11-2012, 10:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Luckily Mike reminded me that I can log on from my phone, where it's quite easy to read the posts, less easy to respond. With 10 fingers I can type almost as fast as I speak, but that one finger typing takes so long I forget what I'm trying to say by the second or third word.
Why are you typing with one finger??? Thumbs baby, thumbs!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 10:48 AM
FitDay Member

Mary - thanks for the input! I didn't gain over the holidays, but my sister said maybe I should look at my protein intake. I do try to get protein, but I'm pretty certain it's not enough. She also suggested eating protein directly after my workouts.

Edit: I seem to get on average about 55-60 g of protein a day - perhaps that's not enough?

Last edited by bojibridge; 01-11-2012 at 10:53 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.