Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-09-2012, 07:33 PM
FitDay Member

Fit4luv Thanks for the cute cartoon it was a pretty accurate description of me this afternoon, lol.

Pam I hope your bp sorts itself out soon if not you may need to see your doc again you sure don’t want to ignore it, take care of yourself.

April I am relating to your whinny mood we can complain together today if you want then hopefully tomorrow we will be over it.

Hope Lol at your clint eastwood impression.

Cassie I watched Anderson today I have never seen his show before it wasn’t bad and tried to watch dr phil but fell asleep don’t know if it was him or the neocitron.

Main Do you think something may be missing in our diet that we have had more colds this season then in the past?

Mern Fitday logging in as been causing me grief all week also, yesterday I couldn’t even get the log on screen to show up. Nice green day.

Kay Welcome.

Tori I would love to share my dish fairy with you but be for warned she’s not your average cute happy fairy she’s more like tinkerbell after she was told peterpan was the star, a little jaded and very verbal about her displeasure of the situation but if you can overlook that she’s a very hard worker, lol.

Oh my I am the worst eater when I am sick I have had oranges, ice cream, chicken thighs and Nyquil low calories but 0 nutrition. I have a crazy busy day tomorrow so I need to suck it up I am going to try to hike it may be more like walk slowly but I am hoping it will make me feel more energetic for the rest of my day. I don’t know how well I will sleep tonight having slept most of the day away but I guess I should go try. Night all.

Goals:
Walk 25k: M=0
Exercise 5 days: M=N
Squats 5 days: M=N
Ab work 5 days: M=N
Calories less than 1400:M=1081
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M=-680
No sugar: M=N

Last edited by dar n; 01-09-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, Mary, great to see you again. Nice simple goals--I like that and like your positive attitude.

Aw, Mike, sorry the NO event was disappointing. Was the tailgaiting food good?

Cassie, thanks for your congrats on my great Monday. Right back at ya on YOUR great day! Didn't get to sleep in. I got 4 1/2 hours of broken sleep with two bathroom trips and waking up around 4AM with a headache that I still have at almost 7AM. But if it goes away I may just treat myself to a daytime nap before I have to go pick up my teenage grandkids after school. Wow, congrats on your driving buddy also killing his first semester of high school!

Pam, congrats to YOU on a great Monday, too. I have experience with my targeted 12% saturated fat percentage being high sometimes due to low calories. My low calories don't happen all that often, though--when they DO it's usually quite accidental simply due to the fact that what I chose to satisfy my taste buds that day just happened to be low calorie. Since my sat fat goal is a targeted weekly average, one or two reds doesn't necessarily mean I won't reach my goal that week. I may start putting my occasional daily high sat fat percentage in a color other than red IF it's due only to low calories (like 16% due to low calories") because to me the red means I carelessly messed up. I will put it in red, though, if I simply overindulged in sat fat like with a huge, greasy hamburger or something.

Darlene, yes, I've had trouble with not being able to get the FitDay log on screen to come on, too. Thanks for your encouragement on my green day. I hope your dish fairy's demeanor didn't take away from your comfort any. Personally, if I felt as bad as you I wouldn't give a flying fig about whether the dish fairy was happy about doing the chore or not--as long as it got done. LOL I gave my usually very respectful live-in GD a lecture yesterday after her boss called to ask her to come in early. I drive her to work, and she told her boss she WOULD come in early without even asking me. I was in the middle of cooking dinner, had to show DH what to do in my 20 minute absence to prevent dinner from getting ruined, and GD had the nerve to tell me to "hurry up." After her numerous excuses for doing that didn't fly with me, she got a calm but matter of fact lecture on consideration, respect, the fact that Grandma is not employed by Burger King-- "and from now on don't tell your boss you will come in early unless you first ask me if I have 20 minutes free time while cooking dinner." On your eating, when we're sick our bodies may find certain foods appealing BECAUSE of the nutrients. The oranges have the vitamin C, ice cream has calcium, and chicken has protein--not all bad. I hope you had a good night's sleep and that you enjoy/ed your hike/slow walk.

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:31 PM
FitDay Member

Monday Report Card
Health Goals:

1. CALORIES 1,400 M-F, 1,600 SS! 1,440 a little over, but I'm counting it anyway
2. EXERCISE 7 HOURS! 110 min (total 1:50)
3. WATER 100oz DAILY! Y
4. WEEKLY CALORIE DEFICIT 5,000! -1,083
5. 10,000 STEPS ON THE PEDOMETER, 2,000 AEROBIC! 12,855-9400
6. NO WHEAT 3 DAYS! N
7. LOG LOG LOG! Y
8. WEIGH AND POST DAILY! 166.4, 165.4

Other Goals:

1. Write Valentines letter. N
2. Finish 1 rabbit cage. Worked on it some.
3. Housekeeping, 45 min/daily + 1 load of laundry. YY
4. Call doctor's office, straighten out meds. Y
5. Drop form off at the pediatricians office for school. N
6. Make reservations for "My Guy and I Girl Scout Bowling". Realized I can't, we're double booked on Saturday.

I did fantastic yesterday. Went a tiny bit over calories, from an orange so I'm counting it. The kids were in the pool last night so I worked out twice to get a good kick start on exercise this week.

dar n, I hope you feel better this morning, being sick is the worst. I'm cracking up over your description of your dish fairy, she sounds a lot like my middle child. For the record chicken and oranges are very nutritious, ice cream and Nyquil, not so much.

pam, good luck on that bp business, a little scary that.

April, good luck on having a less whiny attitude today, sometimes the best thing that can happen in a day is that it's over with at midnight.

Cassie, I too thought that what worked before wasn't working anymore, until it dawned on me that I wasn't actually doing the most effective stuff, and I wasn't doing all of it either. Doing bits and pieces of the plan doesn't work for me as well as the whole package. I hope you get your new plan sorted out. Good luck honey.

Mern, good luck with grandson and his stubborn gene. I await the next report, and know that I'll be cheering for you.

I have to go, it's time for school drop off and I'm still in my pj's.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

Seems like everyone is doing well getting back to work after the holidays. I had a decent day yesterday foodwise, although probably could have done with less whiskey last night at karaoke Ah well, I surprisingly still stayed in my 1400 calorie goal range.

Today is my first day back at the gym in about a month, so fingers crossed that I'm not too epically unmotivated. Unfortunately I appear to have developed a wee case of tennis elbow in my left arm, although I'm not sure what from. I mean, I do weights, but nothing that strenuous. I'm thinking it might be from carrying too many groceries up the stairs to my apartment at once. Anyway, it's been around for a few months, but I'm starting to think I should do something about it.

In other news, looks like I'll be on the insulin pump sometime in the next 6 weeks. I'm excited and nervous - it's a big change in routine compared to the last 15 years, and I just hope I can be flexible and realize it's going to take some time to equilibrate.

Have a good day, folks!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
FitDay Member

Amy, congrats on your fantastic Monday and on that pound lost already! Thanks for rooting me on over Grandson's breakfast chores. I need all the support I can get! LOL Do you not have school bus service either? Live too close to qualify? Our parochial school has bus service because theirs is not funded by the school tax levy, so bus transportation is built into the tuition, but my grandkids go to public school. Because the school property tax levy for public schools failed bussing was eliminated except for grades K-8 who live within two miles of the school. We are further than that.

Anyone else have her/his menu for today planned yet? I'm killing time because I weigh in at 8AM and don't want to drink coffee or eat breakfast yet, so I planned today's on-plan menu on FitDay already:

Breakfast: chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin and almond decaf coffee

Lunch: turkey and roast beef with horserdish sauce, bunless, layered in fresh spinach and avocado

Snack: almonds

Dinner: oven roasted chicken thighs, cooked cabbage, cooked spinach with roasted red pepper sauce

Evening snack: protein shake with flaxmeal and 2 sugar free chocolate miniatures.

Last edited by Mern; 01-09-2012 at 11:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Joanna, congrats on being in your calorie goal range even with the whiskey. Aw, so sorry about your tennis elbow--I'm sure that's really painful. I get tendonitis from bone spurs in my shoulder, but routine stretching exercises help keep it at bay. Yes, you've suffered long enough--time to seek the advice of a health care professional and maybe some physical therapy. My granddaughter's 17 year old boyfriend is on the insulin pump and he does quite well on it. Best wishes on that.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:15 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn's scale's identical twin lives at my house! I'm up a pound today for no reason at all. I EARNED the loss I recorded so far--it was not a gift from the scale. I'm not going to record a gain because my scale is a liar, too!

OK, I had my yummy chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin for breakfast and am sitting here enjoying my almond flavored decaf coffee. Heading for the produce store where I can also get sodium free beef and chicken bouillon (not available at my regular grocery stores) and then on my way home will stop at the Y and walk two miles on the treadmill.

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2012 at 12:36 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:42 AM
FitDay Member

This is what I am doing to try to hold myself more accountable:

1. Pictures on the first day of every month wearing a sports bra and boy-shorts swim bottoms.

2. Video diary in the same attire, checking in at least once a month.

3. Made a "Vision Notebook". I had heard of vision boards, but I didn't have a board! Lots of motivating words and a few pictures of some healthy stomachs. I know that might sound wierd, but we'll see if it helps!

4. Joined "The Pound Plunge", a weight-loss competition that our local hospital and radio puts on. Today was the start. Top female winner gets $250. That will buy some new clothes!

5. Working out a minimum of 5X a week.

6. Keep the calories between 1200-1400. Might have to adjust, this is my weak area, I get confused on how many I should have!

7. Check in here daily to read all of your motivating posts!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-10-2012, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Mern--apparently we all have the same scale, I was up 0.6 his morning. And after a stellar Monday at that! Makes no sense to me, especially with my lack of Dew and more water. I'm thinking my body went into shock without it's extra Dew LOL!!!

Joanna--Good luck at the gym today. Hope the elbow doesn't give you too many problems. Also good luck with the pump, hope it doesn't take too long to get used to it.

Gonna run, Tuesdays are wicked busy.
Old 01-10-2012, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by bojibridge
Seems like everyone is doing well getting back to work after the holidays. I had a decent day yesterday foodwise, although probably could have done with less whiskey last night at karaoke Ah well, I surprisingly still stayed in my 1400 calorie goal range.

Today is my first day back at the gym in about a month, so fingers crossed that I'm not too epically unmotivated. Unfortunately I appear to have developed a wee case of tennis elbow in my left arm, although I'm not sure what from. I mean, I do weights, but nothing that strenuous. I'm thinking it might be from carrying too many groceries up the stairs to my apartment at once. Anyway, it's been around for a few months, but I'm starting to think I should do something about it.

In other news, looks like I'll be on the insulin pump sometime in the next 6 weeks. I'm excited and nervous - it's a big change in routine compared to the last 15 years, and I just hope I can be flexible and realize it's going to take some time to equilibrate.

Have a good day, folks!
Good luck with the pump, my SIL has been on the last year and quite honestly she's never been so pleasant.

On the elbow you might have a touch of RMI (repeat motion injury). It's usually from using a computer or doing the same motion over and over again. You might get some relief from a workout rather than causing further injury. I hope it clears up soon.

I wish I could drink on whiskey and keep to the plan. But my self control is a very cheap date and gets liquored up and worthless on the first sip.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.