Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Tori, when I was manager of a craft store, I had a young college student who thought he was being picked on when I asked him nicely to take out the trash. He protested that he was above doing that. I told him, "I'm the manager and I'm not above that. Not only do I do my share of taking out the trash, but I also clean our employee bathrooms including the men's room because none of you guys seem care about cleanliness in there." Maybe it's time for you to gather the guys and explain you're not their mother and assign them to take out the trash on certain days of the week or something. LOL
They are all really good about taking out their OWN trash, but when it comes to picking something up out of the floor, well that's a different story all together. I swear, I counted TEN people who literally either stepped on the trash or over it to get to the dumpster.

Originally Posted by dar n
Thanks for all your well wishes. My dish fairy came in the form of my daughter she also is going to cook supper so I can rest without feeling bad.

Not really feeling hungry but I ate a couple oranges hoping the vitamin c will at least be helpful.
Rest up and feel better!! Can you send your dish fairy down here, I think I have a sink full that need to be done.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Morning, Tori...don't maim anyone today, k? Hope you have a good one and aren't knee-high in rubbish by the time quitting time comes around!
No maiming today. We did quite a bit of bashing on a certain member of our management team, but no physical harm on anyone. I actually had a really great Monday....I think you were right, I'm still riding a little high from Saturday night.

Originally Posted by MAIN80
Tori, read on the past thread about your date, sounded lovely and for sure it will give you time to be closer to your goal! Any winners yet?
It was a lovely time, and closer to my goal will be GREAT!! No winners, it was decided in a tie when I made one of the guys pick it up. I swear they must all live like pigs.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Had another good one last week, dropped a little over 4 lbs! Hoping things continue for this week.....okay, goals for the week....

Health/Fitness

1--1200 to 1300 calories during the week, max 1500 on the weekends
2--at least 64 oz water a day!
3--exercise at least 4 times--I've GOT to nail this one this week. I start out the week so good and then the latter part rolls around and I get tired. BUT NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK!!
4--shooting for at least a 2 lb loss--starting weight Monday morning~222.8

Life/Home

1--clean out car--UGH it's driving me insane!!
2--keep up to date on paperwork
3--go BACK to store and get them to take the security device off new sweater
4--clean out refridgerator--it's not pretty in there
Old 01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
FitDay Member

Wishing everyone their heart's desire this week!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Since a kind soul gave me a late Xmas present which included food (lite, but still not on plan) looks like no more excuses is something I need to pay attention to, so I'm in.

5-6 mini meals a day (1 protein/1 complex carb each, at least 2 green veggies)
1500-1600 K 40/40/20 ratio*
*if kept @ 1500, get free meal
Aim for 84 oz H2o (but no less than 64 oz) daily (finish by 6 pm)
workout 3x weights, 3x high intensity cardio
Aim for new personal best each day
Floss nightly
Aim for 8 hrs sleep nightly
Log & report daily

Family Goals

Steph's 27th BD-that's where that free meal can fit
Order plane tickets for Dana's grad.

Spiritual Goals

A.M. & P.M. prayer/meditation
Bible Study group Wed Night (beware of desserts!)
RCIA Group Thurs. (beware of desserts!)
Mass Sat.
Fast Track for Jamie Sun.

Prof Goals

Order CE material
Practice golf program-get down to 40 min.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
FitDay Member

Kay, welcome. As I always say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Congrats on losing those three lbs! Way to go! Hope you can find a way to avoid eating at the computer. Sounds like you have enough motivation to conquer it, though. Baby steps on exercise are what I had to take, too. I think that's best for just about everyone so we don't get too sore. Very sensible goals.

Tori, sometimes my grandkids step right on something lying on the floor and I always ask them how can they not tell something besides the floor is under their shoe. Glad to read that you had a great Monday. OMG, congrats on losing FOUR POUNDS last week. I saw you did pretty darned well on your goals--you earned every ounce of that loss! Way to go!

Cassie, oh I just caught what you probably meant when you asked me about breakfast. Grandson got up from his nap right away Monday, but DH, who usually sleeps in, forgot about grandson's "breakfast chores" and did them for him while I was brushing my teeth. But getting up on the first call was a big step in the right direction. I forgot he won't be here tomorrow morning because my daughter doesn't have to go in to work until 10:30AM due to some sort of an evening training session to which she is required to go. So Wednesday will be our next attempt at achieving breakfast harmony.

Beth, good for you for jumping on the "no more excuses" bandwagon. I really love your admirable goal of 5-6 mini meals. It's so highly recommended and I wish I could fit it into my lifestyle. Would you be able to enjoy your friend's food gift in moderation while still being on your eating plan? I usually cannot eat bread stuffing, but at a restaurant recently I asked to substitute a small side salad for the half portion of incredibly delicious bread and celery stuffing that comes stuffed in a pork chop, and they accidentally gave me both the stuffing AND the side salad. So I brought the stuffing home and was able to work two tablespoons per day into my carb allowance. Told myself if I ate more than that per day until it was gone, I'd have to throw it out for the birds or whatever other wild critters would eat it. And I stayed strong. Probably more than you wanted to know, but I was so happy I could do it. I see you plan on working really hard this week. That's great. Another personal note on the flossing--you, Mike (our moderator) and I all share that goal. I would often fall asleep watching TV, would wake up and then brush my teeth but promise myself I'd floss first thing in the morning, but then often didn't follow through because I'd forget. My hygenist told me I don't have to floss at night--just once every 24 hours no matter what time of day. I switched to flossing when I brush my teeth in the MORNING and if I'm in a hurry to get out the door to take my grandkids to school, I must floss before noon. I no longer have a flossing problem and my checkups are way better. If it's OK with your dentist/hygenist, you may want to try that. Believe it or not, I'm not a "know-it-all." I was having trouble remembering to take my evening dose of fish oil to help lower my high cholesterol. I mentioned that problem here and Mike asked me if I have a pill minder box. I have a small one just the right size for my fish oil, and now I put my evening dose in it for the whole week and keep it right by my computer in the living room. I get on the computer every evening, so I never miss a dose now. Are Steph, Dana, and Jamie your children?

Last edited by Mern; 01-09-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness

1--1200 to 1300 calories during the week, max 1500 on the weekends~~1228
2--at least 64 oz water a day!~~73.8! Shuddup? Whhaaaattt?? Yup that was ME banging out the 73.8 oz of water today. AAANNNNDDDDDDDDD only 1, count 'em one Diet Dew.
3--exercise at least 4 times--I've GOT to nail this one this week. I start out the week so good and then the latter part rolls around and I get tired. BUT NO EXCUSES THIS WEEK!!~~you better believe it!
4--shooting for at least a 2 lb loss--starting weight Monday morning~222.8~~Didn't weigh

Life/Home

1--clean out car--UGH it's driving me insane!!~~planned for Wednesday, barring rain
2--keep up to date on paperwork~~Having taken Saturday off, I'm only behind by one day....can make that up tomorrow
3--go BACK to store and get them to take the security device off new sweater~~Wednesday
4--clean out refridgerator--it's not pretty in there~~maybe tomorrow???

Watching the BCS game, and am so not happy with the score........
Old 01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
FitDay Member

Tori! Great job on calories and Dew!

Closing down my kitchen. Starting out all green.

Monday Report

Calorie limit 1600 1279
Carbs less fiber 25g 21.1g
Average daily fiber 25g 25g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 203mg
Average daily sat fat 12% 12%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES

Water 48 oz. YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 0
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 1
Vitamin D and fish oil capsules daily YES

Something wonderful: my daughter told me I can sleep in tomorrow! No grandkid duty until 1:45PM. That very rarely happens on a weekday.
Old 01-09-2012, 03:48 PM
FitDay Member

I"m in for the week. Yime to get back on track. Goals for this week Journal, exercise, Water and eat clean - aiming for 500 calorie defecit daily. Glad to see you all back. 2012 is going t be a great year. Mary
Old 01-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Ladies I'm in. I've been in New Orleans all day and night for the BCS game. It was a total disappointment.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

lol, Mike, I thought about you! There were people makeshift-tailgating at the park when I picked up my son from tennis. Hope you enjoyed the tailgate and company, if not the game.

Mary and MAIN80, glad to see you! Kay, I'm glad you're back as well; I remember you and am looking forward to chatting with you again.

Congrats, Mern and Tori on your great days! Enjoy sleeping in, Mern!

Checking in:

1. 1350 calorie limit daily. 1196
2. Limit processed foods. Yes
3. 2 sports bottles of water...don't count tea, flavored water, etc. Yes
4. Exercise 6 times. One
5. Log everything (even the small stuff: cough drops, vitamins...). Yes
6. Do at least one journal entry in FD daily. Yes
7. Take all vitamins and supplements. Yes
8. No treats passing as snacks (see above). None

Something wonderful: The last EOCT (end of course test) grade came in today from the state; it's 20% of the class grade, so grades are final and it is official that my son totally killed his first semester of HS .
Old 01-09-2012, 05:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

1. 2 liters H20, one during the day, one after dark M=Y AM bottle finished, PM almost
2. Measure blood pressure daily M=Y
3. No white food M=Y
4. Carbs less than 40%, M=N
5. 90g protein M=N
6. 1 tempo (or hill) run, 1 long run M=N(tues)
7. 1600 calories M=Y
8. 1 random act of kindness/day M=N
Quick post before beddy-by. The day was actually a little better than the colors suggest. Calories were at 1300, so getting all 90g protein is pretty challenging and, the carbs weren't that far of.

Great to see some of the long lost members logging back in.

Catch ya tomorrow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.