Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-10-2012, 01:22 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
OK, I had my yummy chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin for breakfast and am sitting here enjoying my almond flavored decaf coffee.
OMG, sounds delish, could you Fedex me one?
Old 01-10-2012, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene ~ You're welcome. I hope you continue to get better.

Mern ~ Thanks for your encouragement. I'm working on gradually adding on to what I'm already doing. I'm thinking the present goals will need to be the same for a bit.
-------------------------------------------------------

FIT Challenge -- 1/9/12 [Mon-Sat] Sun= "Cushion" Day *~* Check-in:M
FOCUS (3)
Faith */* Audio Bible daily ----> x1/x6

Support */* Attend Health Support Group ->
*/* Report here Daily ->x1/x7

INTAKE (3)
Food */* Non-starchy Veg. 4 serv. daily ->N-
*/* Starchy Food 8 serv.daily limit->Y-

Supplement */* Vit. & Fish Oil Daily ----->x1/x7

TRAIN (3)
Feet */* STEPS wkly ~ 14 mi * 30,000 steps ->3.8 mi * 8100 steps
*/* AEROBIC wkly {120"} -> 40"

Firm & Flex ~ */* Strong Women x2 wkly ->
----------------------------------------
Bad news - didn't meet 4 serv. Veg. Good news - ate 25 grams Fiber!
I found out that last week I counted Veg servings wrong to the advantage of myself. I was counting 1 cup cooked Veg as 1 serving! (1 cup cooked Veg generally counts as 2 servings.)

Well, I better save this post or else it vanishes!

Good day to all!

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-10-2012 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water a day M: Yes,
2. Limit of one diet Coke daily M: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch unless actually raining except Tuesday (work through lunch to go to an appointment)...who cares if it is cold out! M: 1.5m in 26min, T: N/A,
4. Listen to myself when I'm full. No eating just because I want more. M: Yes,
5. Workout 4 out of 5 days Weds-Sun
6. Weigh and post it every day M: 276.4, T: 273.2
7. Be very careful about eating after dinner, seems to be a problem lately. M: Yes,

Life Goals ...
1. Keep hands busy in the evening. Do something other than facebook for a while. M: Yes,
a. Mend the rest of hubby's work socks. M: No,
2. Do handwashing. M: No,

Hmmm.... did all of your scales gang up on mine? Yesterday I had a hard time believing that it really said 276.4 but it bounced anywhere from there down to 270.2. But it read closer to the 276.4 more often so that is what I recorded. I do not however believe that one day of eating really well and taking a walk on lunch helped me lose 3.2lbs in one day. I had to have some left over TOTM water and my scale must have just been off yesterday. I will take it though since today's reading is lower than last Monday's reading. Sometimes I just hate the scale.

Yesterday was an all over good day. I found some little projects to keep the hands busy. I have about 10-12 little cross stitch projects that have little wooden frames that have to be painted. So I did almost a whole one of the stitchings last night. Just need to outline it next and then I'll set it to the side and do the next one. I need to make a stop at the new craft store that opened yesterday to check it out anyway so I see buying some paint in my future. Maybe if I stick with it they will be done by Christmas 2012! LOL

The only thing that I ate after dinner last night was a Nutrigrain bar (could have been something better but not my worst ever decision) and both halves of a sugar free popsicle. I just have to keep my resolve about this. I will do better than I have been doing lately.

Mern ... We are a lot the same about expecting the best out of people. I don't expect more than they can give but I do expect them to try their best. ... I have a big weakness for stuffing. Hubby made stove top as a side last night and I have a tendency to snitch bites while cleaning up the stove to do the dishes. So last night there were leftovers in the pan and I took the leftover peas & carrots and dumped over them so that I wouldn't be tempted. ... Look at you go with your meals all planned out for the whole day. I don't do the evening cooking during the week in our house so sometimes I have to be really careful of portions and still eat what isn't so healthy.... You have an awesome day planned out with your shopping then hitting up the Y!

Kay ... Welcome! I don't think I have met you before but you have a nice set of goals and congrats on being down 3lbs already!

Tori ... LOL @ work guys living like pigs! Most of them probably have a wife that picks up after them. ... Good for you on those 4lbs! I bet if you clean out your car & fridge you lose about 25 more lbs! LOL

Joanna ... Good luck with your pump. I have a friend here at work who has had hers since teen years and it works really well for her. ... Sorry to hear your elbow hurts.

Beth ... That is quite a list! Can't wait to see how much green you fill it in with.

Mary ... Welcome back! You are right! This will be a GREAT year!

zahut ... Great goals. I love that you joined a weight challenge. That is what got me started on this lifestyle last year and soon I am hoping they start another one to hopefully give me a boost.

Mike ... Sorry your game was a disappointment but I bet the fun & friendship was worth it. Well....almost.

Cassie ... Congrats on your son's first semester of HS! Mine did fairly well too.

Amy ... You had an awesome Monday! That's how to keep the energy up! ... What are these holiday letters you say about writing? I noticed it at Christmas and again for Valentines?

Pam .. I hope you get your BP in check. That isn't something that you really want to play with too much.

Darlene .. I hope you slept last night. You need lots of sleep to get ready for that interview. Hope you let us know how it goes for you. And those food choices (like others said) weren't all that bad.

Luv .. I love it when you find out you were calculating something wrong to your benefit!!
Old 01-10-2012, 03:07 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I wound up having to do my 2 mile aerobic walking DVD instead of going to the gym because a FedEx package for which someone must sign is out for delivery and DH has to run an errand across town. Glad I tracked the package before leaving the house or else it would have been returned to the depot for attempted delivery tomorrow.

zahut, welcome to our group! As you can see in my signature, I started out at 246. I long for the day that I can be under 200 lbs. again. I have such a huge, saggy belly that even when I reach 150 lbs. I will not be taking photos of myself in a sports bra and shorts. My doc told me since I've lost so much elasticity with age and gravity has taken its toll, it's eventually going to look even worse--BUT I'll be much healthier, so I'm OK with that. I'm not pro tummy-tuck for myself. Wish I'd done like you and taken care of my body when I was your age, but I do give myself credit for having lost 32 lbs. so far through a lot of hard work. Congrats on joining the Pounds Plunge--glad to know that's it's approved by your local hospital so it's not advocating an unhealthy crash diet. I also see you're willing to put in some hard work to reach your goal. Kudos on that!

Amy, I'll have my breakfast chore resistant grandson deliver a chocolate mocha flaxmeal muffin to you in person when I FedEx him to you. How's that?

Tori, my scale told me I gained a whole pound (after MY stellar Monday, too) because of YOUR lack of Dew. See, I told you it lies! LOL Have a great day at work.

fit4luv, you're doing a great job! Nothing wrong with sticking to more simple goals for a while. I used to have additional goals of limiting my cheese and soda pop and was able to conquer both of those addictions and drop them from my list of daily goals. Now I'm 99% certain I've conquered my addictions to and over-consumption of artificial sweetener and sugar free chocolate miniatures. If I go one more week, I'll drop them from my daily list, too--because my artificial sweetener and chocolate control is just a matter of stopping after two.

April! Congrats on your weight loss! Wish I could steal some of that from YOUR scale. LOL My scale bounces around anywhere from 1/2 to 3 pounds in three weigh-ins one right after the other. To err on the conservative side, I always go by the highest one. I think excess water weight looks the same on people as fat weight, so losing water weight is just as wonderful. But I'm sure you've got fat loss in there as well because you've been working hard. Kudos on only the Nutrigrain bar and sugar free popsicle last night. That's real progress! Enjoy your cross stitching and new craft store. I'm with you on expecting people to just try their best. LOL-I love both peas and carrots, so it wouldn't have spoiled the Stove Top for me very much. I do so much better on meeting my goals if I can plan out my meals for the day. If my DH were doing the cooking I wouldn't have as many healthful choices, either. He'd cook like his mother used to--a meal full of starch. She'd serve mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, macaroni and cheese, lima beans all in one meal--once in a while green beans or cabbage, but those are the only green veggies I can ever remember her cooking. But she was reared in the mountains of Kentucky, and that's how they learned to eat--all those carbs and lots of animal fat for energy.

Last edited by Mern; 01-10-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 AM
FitDay Member

I like the list of Motivators. I need to think of some of my own to create on a monthly basis. I have a reunion in September -- would be nice to be close to the weight I was 45 years ago when we graduated from nursing school. WoW I must be old!!! Don't know where the 45 years went. Wanting to be healthy as a senior is good motivation. Mary
Old 01-10-2012, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Mary, I weighed about 114 when I was 20. I'll never see that again. I'll be thrilled with 150. I totally agree that wanting to be healthy as a senior is good motivation--plus a wonderful ultimate goal for me
Old 01-10-2012, 03:37 AM
FitDay Member

My goals:
1) Lose 2 pounds this week (the one I gained and one more) -lost one already
2) stretch every day -Yes
3) gym or walk 3x this week -No
4) avoid sleep aids- Yes and boy I could have used it!
5) avoid pain pills- Yes
6) back away from the child while still somehow being supportive:Yes but I kep getting sucked back in
7) be nicer to DH; he deserves it : Yes
8) deal with medical stuff: called about stress test, mammogram, dentist, fibro and started new meds, is that enough ya think?

Not enough time to read all posts and respond decently. Just want to say Kay in Pa, I like "stop beating msyelf up over weight gained in 2011." Amen to that. And to not beating oursleves up over anything we do. And Tori, I bought my DD a shirt in Georgia that had the security tag still on it and brought it back up north! Luckily it was Kohls but when I found the shirt, I didn't have the receipt, then found the receipt and didn't have the shirt. Took a long time but I got it together! Story of my life? I hope! That'll be on my tombstone: she finally got it together and now look where she is!!! Just kidding!!!!

Thanks for the welcoming and supportive comments and for appreciating my Clint routine. You know what 's coming, right? You guys "made my day." (as in Go `head, make my...) Oh no she didn't!

Oh and Mern, send muffin and almond coffee. STAT!!!

Last edited by canary52; 01-10-2012 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2012, 03:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Morning all,
Lovely to read everyone's posts this morning, the good, the frustrating, the amusing. Thanks all for wishing me progress on the BP front. You are all right in that it is not something I should be ignoring.

On the BP front: Several years ago my doc put me on meds. We went from the 1st line - diuretics which worked for a while then my body adapted (pretty common, so I understand), then we did the ACE inhibitors that worked like a charm until I developed the dry cough thingy that is one of the side effects. After that, daily monitoring indicated that BP was under control so we agreed to drop meds. Like Mern and others I really would prefer not to be on meds (but I am not militant about it)

My BP issues are mostly hereditary - both parents. Over the years I have found that there are several things that really impact the measurement, however. Running (but not lifting or yoga) is probably the most important. When I am in a full on training schedule it tends to be almost too low. My body weight also had a big impact (and I think this is where I got a little cross threaded). Once I lost the 35lbs, BP was all good, no matter what I did. Now, I think it has caught back up to me. My work and lifestyle is really pretty low stress (stress is in the eye of the beholder, of course, but I tend to be a pretty mellow person). The other thing that can elevate BP for me is long term use of NSAIDs (ie ibuprophen) and since I start lifting, ibuprophen has become almost as daily as my vitamin and fish oil . And finally alcohol. I think one of the reasons BP was so good, as and after, I lost the weight is that alcohol was really restricted - 1 or 2 over the weekend.

So, Pamela... can you find the lesson here?

Anyway, I will keep the monitoring on my goals list, and if things don't improve by Feb, I'll revisit the meds issue with my doc.

OK, off for my run. Beautiful day in the Eastern Sierras, if a little chilly. Then back to SoCal this afternoon.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
Not enough time to read all posts and respond decently. Just want to say Kay in Pa, I like "stop beating msyelf up over weight gained in 2011." Amen to that. And to not beating oursleves up over anything we do. And Tori, I bought my DD a shirt in Georgia that had the security tag still on it and brought it back up north! Luckily it was Kohls but when I found the shirt, I didn't have the receipt, then found the receipt and didn't have the shirt. Took a long time but I got it together! Story of my life? I hope! That'll be on my tombstone: she finally got it together and now look where she is!!! Just kidding!!!
ROFLOL, I've always said that if I got my life together I would have to make new friends because my old ones wouldn't recognize me anymore. But I like your saying better.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome newbies and returning members.

Super busy so just a quick check in to post my goals.

My goals will be for 6 days since I'm joining late.
Health and Fitness:
1) drop 3 pounds (starting 183.2)
2) 4 serving of fruit/ veggies
3) -3000 calories
4) walk 6 miles
5) workout 3 times

Other:
6) write 2 policies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.