Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-15-2012, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Cassie, the are less tense thanks. All that means is I'm not getting the silent treatment and as bad of an attitude from her. The issues still need to be resolved.
Old 01-15-2012, 02:39 AM
FitDay Member

I don't feel good today. I'm tired of feeling sick. Been fighting cold/headache & all that goes with it. Even stomach is not the best. My smiley face on the log chart is green.

So as far as the goals for this week go ... I'm letting off.

Summary: Even with the "no's" & incompletions, I've made steps forward. I'm eating better overall & am doing more exercise. Results = I can "lock in" 5 lbs lost since 12/18/11! I'm now between 5-7 lbs lost now.

Back when I can with my goals.

Hope everyone else has a more fit day than I.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Darlene, remember that even if you drop your goals you can still post here. So don't run too far away because we'll come find ya and drag you back to the party! I hope you get to feeling better and congrats on your loss so far. Try not to stress, it's out your hands now! He will take care of you, this may just be a test.

Oh yeah don't forget to do something today that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow!

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-15-2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Cassie, I think the conditioning starts at an early age. Seems like any time a baby or young kid is crying everyone is quick to shove food in its mouth.
I've never shared this before because it's a bit embarrassing. But when I was a youngster my mom used to always make me eat a lot of food by scolding me. It's how old school Italian mothers show their love. She used to say "Eat! If you don't eat your stomach is going to shrink to nothing and they're going to have to feed you intravenously!"

It's a wonder I never became obese and only struggled with my weight recently in life. Now every day is a struggle with portion control and always trying to kill the old habit of overeating. I think I'll always struggle with fighting off the desire to finish a meal in moderate portion, without having gorged myself in the process.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Too much wine last night but lots of good conversation and laughs. Didn't overeat too much. Hope scales is back to where it should be tomorrow. Beautiful winter's day here. May finally get out the skis. Mary
Old 01-15-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene. I would take a guess that almost all of us here turn to all the wrong things when we are stressed. Even knowing the reasons why I am standing in front of the freezer with chocolate in one hand and wine in the other and wondering whether to start with pizza or ice cream doesn't always stop me, however recently I've noticed that I stop sooner, so that's progress. Good luck with the interview and hope everything else turns out well too.

Mike. Glad to hear the tension has eased up a little, maybe you'll be able to talk things out now.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:08 AM
FitDay Member

Getting ready to head out for a day on the town with CN. He's mentioned going to the river, and not being from around here I can't imagine what there is to do at the river. But I guess I'll find out. Hope all is well with everyone.

Sending good thoughts to all those who are struggling, will definitely be thinking of y'all today.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Getting ready to head out for a day on the town with CN. He's mentioned going to the river, and not being from around here I can't imagine what there is to do at the river. But I guess I'll find out. Hope all is well with everyone.

Sending good thoughts to all those who are struggling, will definitely be thinking of y'all today.
This time of yer... maybe fishing. I sure as hell wouldn't get in the water when it's cold.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:38 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
This time of yer... maybe fishing. I sure as hell wouldn't get in the water when it's cold.
He'd better know better than to take me fishing LOL!! He mentioned a RiverWalk, so I'm thinking boardwalk type thing with shops and food. Maybe?? I dunno, guess I'll find out.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
He'd better know better than to take me fishing LOL!! He mentioned a RiverWalk, so I'm thinking boardwalk type thing with shops and food. Maybe?? I dunno, guess I'll find out.
Sounds scenic and maybe like trails and a park? Are you in either Columbus or Augusta? Have fun, wherever you are . We just came in; it's nice in the sun but by no means what I consider warm!

Vito, yep, if you look back, many of our ideas about food are shaped early, early on. I know mine were. Being aware of why we eat (or want to eat) what we eat is a big step toward healthy changes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.