Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12 >

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Community
Notices

The Holidays are OVER, NO MORE EXCUSES, Motivational Thread Starting 1/9/12

Old 01-11-2012, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quick check in. I know I haven't been very social lately.

My goals will be for 6 days since I'm joining late.
Health and Fitness:
1) drop 3 pounds (starting 183.2)
2) 4 serving of fruit/ veggies no
3) -3000 calories -1080
4) walk 6 miles 0
5) workout 3 times yes

Other:
6) write 2 policies 0
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mike ... I'm glad you got the funk out at the gym. I hope whatever is bothering you soon rights itself.

Mern ... School buses here in our rural communities are so different. They pick up kids standing at the entrance to the driveway of the school! I couldn't believe when I saw that as I grew up in town where you had to be more than 2miles from school to get a bus. My home was 2 blocks short of those 2 miles! LOL ... I think some of the forum difference is boxes around each post. It just looks cleaner. As a web designer I think it has more visual appeal.

Beth ... 9 hrs of sleep? I am so jealous. I got about 5-1/2 last night. Most of my hubby's work nights that is what we get. He wonders why I fall asleep watching tv some nights!

Cassie ... Glad to hear you made it through the evening under your calorie goal. That is quite an accomplishment and feels good too! I have been proving things to myself this week. Like I really don't need to have a snack in the evening. ... How sweet that your guys cleaned up the kitchen for you?

Tori .. Great compliment! And if a guy was brave enough to say it he was probably thinking it for a while. ... Get an umbrella and get out there and run your errands. Then when you get home this afternoon you can have some nice hot soup to end off your day and you will feel so accomplished.

Darlene .. Glad to hear your meeting was kept short. Thank God for friends who really know us huh?... Kudos to you for hiking while sick and I'm glad to hear the interview went well....Your hubby shouldn't be surprised if on that 4hr ride you fall asleep today. LOL I hope you can taste the food at the resort but the atmosphere itself will be worth a lot even if you can't taste much.

Amy ... I have to laugh about the barometer making your girls fight. Sometimes it does seem that way. Guess that's why they say "It's in the air" ... I love your Valentine's letter idea. I would have no clue what to write about.

Lizzie ... I love your bra cleanout goal. I may steal that one for this weekend. My whole closet & dresser need done but maybe I should start with one category of clothing to make it easier.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

Tuesday report

Horrible cheat was Entenmann's doughnuts, generic Oreo's and milk half an hour before bed. Oh, sure, I KNEW I was cheating and didn't care, but I wonder what I'd have done if I had logged it first and THEN decided whether I still wanted to eat it. This morning when I logged my cheat it was like No way I can make up for the excess carbs like I did with my Cracker Barrel fish. I'll just try to be very, very true to myself the rest of the week.

Edited in later: I forgot that for my goals where I'm going by averages, if I go over on any given day, I am going to put that number in BLUE. To me RED signifies that I did not meet my goal and my goal for the averages is a GREEN AVERAGE at the END of the week. I'm glad I remembered that this evening because it's two less RED numbers from yesterday staring me in the face.

Calorie limit 1600 1279, 2061
Carbs less fiber 25g 21.1g, 110.4g
Average daily fiber 25g 25g, 22g
Average daily cholesterol 300mg 203mg, 188mg--surprise-a green number
Average daily sat fat 12% 12%, 18%
Fruits/veggies 5 servings per day YES, 4

Water 48 oz. YES, YES
Exercise 5 days YES, YES
Artificial sweetener limit 2 pks. per day 0. 0
Sugar free dark chocolate miniatures limit 2 per day 1, 4
Vitamin D and fish oil capsules daily YES, YES

Something wonderful: grandson did his own breakfast chores this morning without even being asked--AND he smiled when I told him I am proud of him.

Last edited by Mern; 01-11-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:31 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Once again, totally enjoying reading everyone's posts.

The conference starts this evening. I have today to work out, even made a pedicure appt at the salon associated w/the conference ctr. BUT I forgot my damn power cord for the computer, so this afternoon, I'll have hunt up a computer/electronic store and buy one , otherwise I'll go into meltdown withdrawls from you all.
Old 01-11-2012, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Default Reporting in . . .

Pam ~ I'll look forward to see your report once you can return.
.................................................. ................
FIT Challenge: [Mon-Sat] *Sun= "Cushion" Day
*~* Check-in:M-T

FOCUS (3)
Faith
*/* Audio Bible daily ----> x2/x6

Support
*/* Attend Health Support Group ->
*/* Report here Daily ->x2/x7

INTAKE (3)
Food
*/* Non-starchy Veg. 4 serv. daily ->N-N (Close though)
*/* Starchy Food 8 serv.daily limit->Y-Y

Supplement */* Vit. & Fish Oil Daily ----->x2/x7

TRAIN (3)
Feet
*/* STEPS wkly ~ 14 mi * 30,000 steps -> 6.7 mi * 14,150 steps
*/* AEROBIC wkly {120"} -> 70"

Firm & Flex ~ */* Strong Women x2 wkly -> x1/x2
.................................................. ........
Mern ~ I like seeing you re-focus again. I too had sweets this week. So now, I'll refocus as well.

I plan to come back here later for more comments.

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-12-2012 at 07:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Health/Fitness Goals...
1. 100oz water a day M: Yes, T: Yes,
2. Limit of one diet Coke daily M: Yes, T: Yes,
3. Walk on lunch unless actually raining except Tuesday (work through lunch to go to an appointment)...who cares if it is cold out! M: 1.5m in 26min, T: N/A, W: 1-1/8m in 30min (stopped to grocery shop in there too),
4. Listen to myself when I'm full. No eating just because I want more. M: Yes, T: Yes,
5. Workout 4 out of 5 days Weds-Sun W: 1hr 5min,
6. Weigh and post it every day M: 276.4, T: 273.2, W: 272.8,
7. Be very careful about eating after dinner, seems to be a problem lately. M: Yes, T: Yes,

Life Goals ...
1. Keep hands busy in the evening. Do something other than facebook for a while. M: Yes, T: Yes,
a. Mend the rest of hubby's work socks. M: No, T: Yes - DONE!
2. Do handwashing. M: No, T: No

Just stopping in to "check off" my lunch walking goal for today.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Tori, I'm glad you had a great day. I'm getting some energy from your posts...good luck with all your chores and stuff tomorrow. Hope you enjoy the gym...let us know.
Hope your working through your funk. I'm generally an upbeat person, and I don't mind sharing my energy.

Originally Posted by dar n
Tori Fridge cleaning is no fun I laughed at your nothing growing in their comment you better get on that chore or that may change.
I actually don't mind cleaning out the fridge, when I have the time. Nothing was growing but there was some slightly out of date yogurt and juice. One "mystery" bowl that I wound up dumping without even checking it. Not as bad as it could have been, and has been in the past.

Originally Posted by mhibdon
Once upon a time (aka last night), I drove from Charleston, SC to Atlanta, GA to Greenville, SC to Clemson, SC. Total:10hours. I never want to drive again and just want to sleep for days. This is obscene. First day back to class and I am EXHAUSTED.
Why the back tracking? Wouldn't it have been more efficent to stop in G'ville on the way to Atlanta, and THEN head back to Clemson? It's all on I-85....just curious. And you should have waved and honked the horn when you went through G'ville, I spent 10 long hours there yesterday at work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Completely whacked my head on a cabinet prepping tonight's supper. So now I have a splitting headache and a nice little knot. Probably not gonna go run the rest of the errands, it involves going across town and fighting a butt load of traffic. I'll grab the sweater and swing by the store on the way home from work tomorrow. I did make it by the gym though, and it's just not my cup of tea for the time being. From what I saw it was a total meat market and the membership fees were way over my budget......ahhh one day maybe, when I don't have to save every penny for the damn down payment.....

I'm getting ready to finish cleaning out the car, I started on it but then it started raining, so I had to stop. It's clearing back up for now so I may finish it before the heavens open back up. Will check back in later.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:44 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Thanks ladies. I did get the funk out at the gym.
I soo totally read this wrong at first LOL!!!!!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

Mern - hopefully you got the cheat out of your system for the week! Then you can be shiny and awesome all the rest of the week!

Tori - Gotta watch out for those cabinets, I guess. I always thought they might have a grudge against mankind...

Well, I finally shoved myself to the gym today - didn't happen yesterday, but I was particularly tired and had a headache, so I'm okay with that decision. Wasn't too bad - actually feeling better about "things" as exercise is wont to make one. And, the weight is going down these days (as it hasn't been too much recently) so I'm hoping I've seen the last of that 6-8 week plateau that was hounding me for a bit.

Alright, sayonara!
Old 01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Mern: Love the photo! Maybe I'll pull out the camera and take a shot of my eggwhites & hummus

April: I used to have the worst time with sleep issues! I trained people at 5 & 6 in the morning so had to get up early. I only do that one day a week now. Also, perimenopause sucks! (you're in bit young for that...) Sleep is getting better, thank God!

Okay, thought I'd better post early since I've got bible study tonight. It's a slippery slope for me because these sweet ladies bake and I feel like I'm being ungrateful. Maybe I'll say I'm taking some home for later and then give it to my husband. At least until I reach my goal.

Today's been hectic but good. Gonna go downstairs & lift. Have a good night all!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.