Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-06-2012, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
And free tampons!

Did anybody catch the comedy the other night, where the waitresses wage war on the owner of the diner because he raised the price of the tampon machine from $.25 to $.75? OMG, I laughed until I cried.
hahaha free tampons are a pretty good deal!!

I saw the preview for that episode but didn't watch the show. Speaking of tampon machines, I was shocked last summer when at an amusemant park they only wanted a quarter for a tampon. This coming from the place that charges $6 for drink. I figured at least $0.50, but nope!!
Old 01-06-2012, 05:20 AM
Super Moderator

LOL, just for future reference male cops typically do not throw women in jail for indecent exposure. Sure it's a crime and all, and you might get frisked and handcuffed, but not incarcerated. Of course you really don't need a cop to get frisked and handcuffed while being indecently exposed either. LOL.
I have seen plenty of naked women on the street of New Orleans during Mardi Gras and have never seen one get carted off. I ALMOST got hauled off many years ago during Mardi Gras. Girl on a balcony pointed down at me acting like she wanted me to show my tits. I had a few.... too many. Lifted my shirt, she lifted hers. I was like hmmm I'm on to something here. I took off my shirt, she did the same. Right about then the crowd started getting loud and a cop came up. I didn't notice him b/c I was looking up, he didn't notice me b/c he was also looking up at the girl on the balcony. I unbuttoned my jeans just as the cop turned to me. He told me that if my pants come down, I'm going off in cuffs. BTW that was back when I was young and dumb...ER. I don't even drink now.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:47 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I have seen plenty of naked women on the street of New Orleans during Mardi Gras and have never seen one get carted off. I ALMOST got hauled off many years ago during Mardi Gras. Girl on a balcony pointed down at me acting like she wanted me to show my tits. I had a few.... too many. Lifted my shirt, she lifted hers. I was like hmmm I'm on to something here. I took off my shirt, she did the same. Right about then the crowd started getting loud and a cop came up. I didn't notice him b/c I was looking up, he didn't notice me b/c he was also looking up at the girl on the balcony. I unbuttoned my jeans just as the cop turned to me. He told me that if my pants come down, I'm going off in cuffs. BTW that was back when I was young and dumb...ER. I don't even drink now.
I said an indecently exposed woman wouldn't get incarcerated by a male cop, frisked and cuffed maybe. Can't say how the opposite team plays, only know the game from the girly bench.

A few years ago at a family gathering we were watching something about Mardi Gras on TV, and all of a sudden my nephew was like "how come all the naked girls have boxes over their stuff?". So somebody explained about the beads. Pretty soon he's on-line ordering 5,000 strings of plastic beads and wanting to know my password so he can get free shipping. OMG I laughed so hard I almost peed my pants.
Old 01-06-2012, 05:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
hahaha free tampons are a pretty good deal!!

I saw the preview for that episode but didn't watch the show. Speaking of tampon machines, I was shocked last summer when at an amusemant park they only wanted a quarter for a tampon. This coming from the place that charges $6 for drink. I figured at least $0.50, but nope!!
They probably had a protest too! PMS is a tough opponent, I won't pick a fight with her either. The show was hilarious, the protesting waitresses put tampons in the straw dispenser and passed them out with the checks, in different sizes. There was also a funny bit about couponing. I'd never seen the show the whole way through, but DH watches it. I thought it was for the big boobs and short skirts, apparently it's funny too. Who knew?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 AM
FitDay Member

Lizzie ... OMG! Ouch! I hope that heals up fast.

Amy .. I agree on the no movement = pain. If I sleep too long my lower back kills me until I get moving for a while.

Terri ... How was class? And any word on BF's job news?

Mern ... I love my hubby dearly so you probably won't ever see my use that DH on him! ... You got another all green day! I love how you are handling the breakfast issue. Does your daughter have these problems with him too?

Darlene ... I totally agree on supporting the kids no matter what they do. Oh you have no idea how much I am doing this one right now. I just hope that they are responsible drinkers if they do choose to drink considering both sides of our families have alcoholics, my side almost all of my mom's family is. ... That was quite a hike you took yesterday.

Tori ... What a scary place you used to live in. I hope you make it through today without physically hurting that manager.

Pam ... I love that your mood changed that much from your workout. That is a true testament to the benefits of physical activity.

Mike ... LOL @ It's not full yet. ... I bet your DD's toenail hurt worse wrapped up because it swelled. Hope it feels better soon.

MH ... Enjoy the time with your PPD tonight and do EVERYTHING that I would do! Just because I'm married don't mean I'm boring! LOL
Old 01-06-2012, 05:58 AM
FitDay Member

They probably had a protest too! PMS is a tough opponent, I won't pick a fight with her either. The show was hilarious, the protesting waitresses put tampons in the straw dispenser and passed them out with the checks, in different sizes. There was also a funny bit about couponing. I'd never seen the show the whole way through, but DH watches it. I thought it was for the big boobs and short skirts, apparently it's funny too. Who knew?
I think mine watches it sometimes too. Big boobs, tight shirts, short skirts, sounds about right. I think it's called Two Broke Girls. It actually is pretty funny sometimes. I didn't see this episode though.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:05 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Chapter 3 of " Being Forced to Help Get My Own Breakfast." The score is Gramdma 2, Grandson 1. I couldn't get him to get up this morning--he was really tired. Then I learned the clothes he had on were not what he was to wear to school--those clothes were in a bag. So I had to fix breakfast while he changed his clothes. I told him that on Monday he has to start getting up from his nap fifteen minutes earlier and be done eating at 8:30. (He arrives 6:30-6:45. School starts at 9:00.) Stay tuned for chapter four. LOL
Ugh, I hate caving in to whining. If he doesn't shape up you might take it in the other direction, if he's going to act like an infant, maybe you should feed him like one? Bib, baby spoon, booster? I did that once to my middle DD, she thought it was funny until her sister started making jokes about it.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:19 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, I've been meaning to say that I fully support your tucking a little bit of cash away here and there to splurge on a stand mixer. If you want a pasta machine, get a Kitchen Aide mixer, then buy the pasta attachments. I have 2 of the 4 and that's plenty for us. One makes shapes, macaroni, spaghetti, penne etc. The second attachment rolls dough out into sheets, and then you can change the roller to a cutter and make noodles on the last pass through or make the sheets into ravioli. Horsepower in the kitchen is a marvelous thing.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Amy, I know. That's why I said that I've never seen a women get arrested for indecently exposed, but they were on the verge of putting me in cuffs.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All! First let me say that I am impressed with how everyone keeps up with everyone around here! My computer would freeze up typing so long (must have a crappy computer).

Cassie* Oh well. Thank goodness we get a clean slate every day on the food log. Can't always control meals brought in and crazy work schedule to boot.

Pam* Isn't it cool how exercise changes attitudes. Sometimes I think that's why I love it...for my head.

Whoever mentioned DH as an abbreviation for D head....LOVE IT! It's one of the fastest words that come out of my mouth while driving. Definitely a good indicator of how tolerant I am of my fellow man. One of my "resolutions" is to curb judgmental attitude but some days it's tough!

It's been a good week for me behavior wise (food). Looks like I'm gonna enjoy a "free meal" tomorrow!

Hope everyone has a great rest of their Friday!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.