Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning all! In skimming the board, looks like everyone's doing well with their goals. I was happy keeping my Ks down to 1550-1600, but I see that's pretty high compared to most. I read somewhere (think Tom Venuto) that when you're just starting out, not to lower the Ks too drastically. I like his philosphy We'll see how the week plays out. Might need to make adjustments.

Pam* Crossfit is fantastic! I've not attempted it but know lots of people who LOVE it. Glad you found a program that fits.

I got a new Smith Machine for Christmas, so I'm gonna head downstairs for some lunges. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-03-2012, 11:24 PM
FitDay Member

Tuesday Report Card

Health & Fitness Goals:

1. Calories 1,400 tops. 1,392
2. 100oz of water. Y
3. Exercise 5 hours. 75 min (total 1:15)
4. Make calendar for workouts. N
5. Calorie deficit of 5,000 for the week. 1,415
6. Log. Y
7. Report weight. N
8. Take measurements. N

Other stuff:

1. Pack up Christmas. Some
2. Start rabbit cages.N
3. Housework, 30 min daily + 1 load of laundry. YY
4. Organize 1 messy thing daily. Y

Gotta go, it's like a bad Monday morning around here, one is crying and the other two just might disembowel each other before the first bell.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:27 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
Like I said, I'd take the Pee Shoes, cause UUGGHHHHH!! LOL!! This girl don't shovel no shit.....
You might want to revise your opinion on that sister, it burns calories like mad and it's good for your frustration level, plus way cheaper than therapy. Lol.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6

Amy, what do you think tastes better, rabbit or rat?
Couldn't say, I've never eaten rat. Yesterday I was hungry enough that I might have eaten one, 'specially with BBQ sauce.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Built
Good morning all! In skimming the board, looks like everyone's doing well with their goals. I was happy keeping my Ks down to 1550-1600, but I see that's pretty high compared to most. I read somewhere (think Tom Venuto) that when you're just starting out, not to lower the Ks too drastically. I like his philosphy We'll see how the week plays out. Might need to make adjustments.

Pam* Crossfit is fantastic! I've not attempted it but know lots of people who LOVE it. Glad you found a program that fits.

I got a new Smith Machine for Christmas, so I'm gonna head downstairs for some lunges. Hope everyone has a great day!
Now, Beth, I know you know better than to think what works for others will automatically work for you . You know what your body responds to; do it!

As for my number, trial and error says that works best when I'm recovering from a slip, but keep in mind I'm a good bit shorter and undoubtedly don't have the muscle that you do, so you're definitely going to burn more. Over the summer I had the opportunity to do the hydrostatic weighing thing, and, even though I've been on a running slip since Thanksgiving, I have a fairly good idea what I burn, and in maintenance that's about 1600-something on days with no exercise, so I've gotta suck it up and restrict when I'm getting back on the wagon. In June I got to 18% bf based on that test, so it's my goal to get back there sooner rather than later!

Mern, fantastic news about your back. Sorry you couldn't get more sleep in .

almeeker, good day for you! Hope you are able to broker some sort of peace treaty.

Darlene, do you do raw one day a week? What does that look like for you?

Quinn, have fun with the paperwork...don't forget to take notes for my tutorial in three years, lol.

Off for a (presumably) busy day in the trenches; have a great day everyone; chat with you later!

Last edited by cjohnson728; 01-04-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:18 AM
FitDay Member

Good day everyone from a wet and windy land.

Mern - so glad you're back is improving and I love being able to see you now, pretty lady.

Pam - one of my colleagues took up crossfit last year but she scared me with her description of it, although she has lost weight and says she feels great. Guess I'm just a big wuss when it comes to pushing myself.

Getting slowly back into this, almost all the goodies are gone. I know Mern allows herself a little miniature treat each day and now I have mine - MF ( my fiancé ) gave me 365 chocolate kisses as part of my Xmas gifts, one each evening before bed as he can't be with me to kiss me goodnight...... All together now..... Awwwwwww sweet.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:40 AM
FitDay Member

Beth, this post is for you: I don't know you, but I wholeheartedly agree (as Cassie said) that we are all different and what works for others may not automatically work for you. I also wholeheartedly agree that we all need to find out what works for us as individuals and do that.

I have a different approach that is working for me--not setting diet mode calories, but setting 1600 calories per day that I am going to make a lifestyle with weight loss being an added bonus. When I reach goal I won't have to add back calories--I'm expecting my weight might stabilize at the same number of calories.

When looking over my FitDay diary/journal this morning, I went all the way back to my FitDay start date of Jan. 17, 2011. It reads:

"Restarted for the "gazillionth" time today at 240 lbs--more than twice what I weighed when we got married! Sheesh! My walking stamina is horrible. Can't walk more than 5 minutes--if that long--without having excruciating pain in my back and having to find a place to sit. I know my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD can get my walking stamina built up. Maybe THIS TIME I will succeed! Ninety pounds to lose! Hang on--here we go!"

I've stuck to 1600 calories this whole time and I'm down from 240 to 215 now--eventually headed for 150 lbs. and I'll re-evaluate from there. I can walk two miles now with no pain at all--probably more if I had higher aspirations, but I and my doc are fine with two miles.

I don't know anyone else who is using my approach. But it's what works for me so far and that's what I will continue to do no matter what others are doing. And what's really great is that even though I'm different, I have the full support of our wonderful group here.

Now, like Cassie said, go do what's best for YOU.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator

Heath and Fitness:
1. Lose 5 pounds (starting wt. 188.4)
2. Gallon of water per day yes, no, yes
3. 4000 Calorie deficit -1375, -925, -128
3. 4 servings of fruits/veggies per day yes, yes, yes
FAIL 5. 2 servings of bread for the week 1, 0, 2
6. Workout 3 times day off, yes, day off,
7. Walk 10 miles (who's coming to New Orleans to do the 1/2 marathon with me?) 0, 0, 0
8. Daily:
a.Fish oil yes, yes, yes
b.Vitamin yes, yes, yes
c.Glucosamine yes, yes, yes
d.Floss yes, no, yes
e.Fluoride rinse yes, no, yes

Other Goals:
9. Write 2 policies no, no, no
10. Push next person to post goals , no, no, where is she??
DONE 11. Clean garage yes
DONE 12. Finish pressure washing driveway and sidewalk yes
13. Two random acts of kindness yes, no, yes
Old 01-04-2012, 02:32 AM
FitDay Member

Amy, congrats on all the green in your Tuesday report. Had to giggle at your rough start this morning with the kids. Disemboweling each other sounds kind of messy. LOL I had a rough start this morning with my 7 year old grandson who wasted ten minutes protesting because he thinks he's above being asked to set his own place, pour his own milk and/or juice, and make his own toast while I get the rest of his breakfast. His reply when I refused to completely serve him was a stern, "FINE! So you're going to STARVE me!" Of course I wouldn't have done it, but I calmly replied, "No, you can eat your eggs and sausage off the floor like a dog if you wish, but then you'll have no toast or drink, either." DH left the house snickering.

Cassie, thanks, I feel fine--always hope I can sleep more, but seldom do. I know you struggle to get in seven hours.

Lizzie, thanks for your kind words. Oh, my goodness, your fiance is so romantic giving you the 365 chocolate kisses. You know you should be able to limit yourself to one per night as you have to make "his kisses" last.

Mike, great job yesterday. Lot of green in your report again! Just asking--what's the delay on your goal #7? Also want to know what your two random acts of kindness were.

OK, I gotta go eat my veggies for breakfast--half an avocado sprinkled with cinnamon and mashed cauliflower with cheese today. Then on to two miles of walking and hopefully I can also handle the resistance bands exercise
Old 01-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator

This morning I was down to 182.6 but I'm already hungry and craving junk. I hope I can make it through today.
Originally Posted by Mern

Mike, great job yesterday. Lot of green in your report again! Just asking--what's the delay on your goal #7? Also want to know what your two random acts of kindness were.
#7 is a combination of things. It's been really cold (last week it was 70*), I've been really busy, but most of all, I've just been lazy. My random acts of kindness were me giving away a buck of good stuff to my neighbor (both times). I also, out of the blue made a cool avatar for someone that they liked, but I didn't count that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.