Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WOMEN’S ONLY CORNER > Support group for just women
7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!) >

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Community
Notices

7 day motivational thread (new year, new week, new you!)

Old 01-01-2012, 04:28 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Mern
Mike--2 servings of "break"--typo for bread? When is the half marathon in NO? I won't be there-- just want to know so we can root you on.

Glad you posted your goals because I have to go back and edit in my fish oil and vitamin D. Knew I forgot something.
That's for catching my typo. The 1/2 is March 4th.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Jump in whenever your ready sounds good.

Off Topic... Quinn, FWI coach Peyton is putting in the starters this week. Did you hear about ATL's coach crying about the Saints running up the score? Really? This isn't little league, the pros should have to take a knee b/c the losing team can't keep up. Thoughts on this?
I'm in but I've got some issues going on here, so I'll have to figure out my goals in the morning (maybe tonight). We had a storm come through during the night which started with freezing rain, then snow, then 40 mph winds. It knocked out our power (no laptop ) and our heat, which is not fun when it's 23 degrees! I have a fireplace, so it wasn't a big issue for me, but may have to drive over in this storm to bring my mom over to stay warm. Our power is back on, obviously, but it's spotty and the lights flicker with the high winds.

Haven't had a chance to read the last of the old thread yet... hope you all had a safe and wonderful night last night!

Mike,
I saw that! What's worse is that they aren't starting Rodgers today to save him, which would be ok except if they lose, I'm going to be in trouble with my picks! They aren't playing Mathews, either... Stupid coach. I'm in first place among a field of men and I'm in line to have a very nice profit for the season. It's a woman thing... I have to win! They all pat me on the head and treat me like I don't know anything about football... that I must get my picks from a man... Drives me insane!

The Atlanta coach needs to pull up his big girl panties and quit complaining... if he didn't like the score, his team should have played better ball!

Have to run... the game is on. If I lose my power during the game, you'll hear me scream all the way down in NO!
Old 01-01-2012, 05:14 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!
I'm new to Fit Day, I figured that Jan 1st would be a perfect day to make some changes. I have the following goals for the week:
1) no junk food
2) no overeating
3) make healthier choices
4) take care of my body
5) exercise at least 3 times this week
6) no cheating

If I can meet those goals this week that will be a super good start to this new year.

Thanks!
Mom8TN
Old 01-01-2012, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, with your half marathon right around the corner, that's great motivation for staying on the wagon. We all know you can do it!

Quinn, sorry to hear about your wind issues. Does your Mom live fairly close? Wishing you a safe trip!

Mom8TN, welcome! I love your bear avatar. Nice, sensible goals. Tell us a little about yourself. DH and I are retired and spend a lot of our time caring for four of our seven grandkids while our daughter is at work. The kids are in school, but we have no school busses, so two hours of my day are spent fighting school area traffic and waiting in parking lots. I exercise five days a week--just walking two miles either by DVD or on a treadmill at the Y. Proud to brag that I was able to lower my blood sugar, triglycerides, and cholesterol with dietary changes and no need for meds. Oops, daughter is out of town so I kept three grandkids overnight. The seven year old is finally ready for lunch, so I'll be back on later.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Happy New Year!!

Mike Glad to see how eager you are to get us all back to healthy eating lol.

Cassie How was your party? Thanks for the supportive words yesterday.

Mern I am glad to see you still posting your blessings.

Quinn Stay warm hopefully your power will stay up and the storm will pass soon.

Mom8TN Welcome nice goals to start.

My goals are pretty much for Monday but I might hit a few of them today depending on if we get company for dinner than the wine will kill the calories. I didn’t do horribly yesterday as I got turned into the designated driver aka mom so I was up until 3am driving 20 year olds around it’s amazing how funny intoxicated young men think they are. I hope you all enjoy new years day.

Goals:
Walk 25k:
Exercise 5 days:
Squats 5 days:
Ab work 5 days:
Arm weights 3 days:
Calories less than 1400:
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week:
No sugar:
Cleanse\Eat raw 2 days:
Old 01-01-2012, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so here! Mom8TN, welcome to the madness!

So, yeah, I'm just getting up and moving for the day. I'm sitting here watching the Panthers lose to the Saints, and I'll take that any day of the week. Actually waiting til 4 to watch the Falcons (don't want to hear it from y'all, I agree Coach Smith was being a whiny butt. we were outplayed by a better team. GAWD that was hard to say). Just because Charlotte is only an hour away doesn't mean I'm going to drop the team I've always supported when "Carolina" got a team back in the 90s. And besides, it should be named the Charlotte Panthers or the NORTH Carolina Panthers, not just Carolina. That kind of stuff irks me. We are two different states!!!!! I hate being lumped into a category "just because".

Anyway, I am happy to report that I had a friggin' BLAST last night! And I'm happy that I took some tylenol before hitting the sheets. I had my obligatory Diet Dew for my caffeine fix and I'm pretty much good to go today. I'll stick to water the rest of the day. Maybe. Sooooo.....Cuter-Nicer showed up last night. And there was flirting, and there was dancing, and I've heard rumor that there was a Midnight New Year's kiss, but I don't remember any of that. I do however remembered lots and lots of drinks and shots. Luckily it's not something that I make a habit out of, and I had a designated driver, so no chance of a DUI for me. It just felt nice to let loose and party. I'm pretty sure I'll hear all about it tomorrow at work (party was held by a former co-worker).

I'm going to go find some food, maybe get a work out in before 4, that way it's over and done with and I can enjoy watching my boys. Will post goals later today, or in the morning.

Mike--as much as it'll pain you, root root root for the Dirty Birds, 'kay??
Old 01-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
I am happy to report that I had a friggin' BLAST last night! And I'm happy that I took some tylenol before hitting the sheets. I had my obligatory Diet Dew for my caffeine fix and I'm pretty much good to go today. I'll stick to water the rest of the day. Maybe. Sooooo.....Cuter-Nicer showed up last night. And there was flirting, and there was dancing, and I've heard rumor that there was a Midnight New Year's kiss, but I don't remember any of that.
Awesome, Tori!! So glad you had such fun

Mom8TN, so glad to have you along! Good looking goals!

Darlene, how was your party? I hope you had fun. Hope you got some good laughs as a designated driver. If it was anything like my son coming out of anesthesia (singing "I'm Sexy and I Know It" was a highlight), I'm sure it was hysterical. Enjoy your day today . I did go last night for a couple hours, but I came home about 10:30 to hang out with the boy (he said he didn't want to go and be taunted by treats he didn't feel up to eating). I stuck to the veggie tray and a few wheat thins, drank Fresca, and did NOT eat any of the chocolate chip cookies I made for my son...left about a dozen and a half here with him (he's got them in his room) and took the rest to the party. Lots of tempting treats, but desperation helped me resist them. Hoping for another good day today, as well as a good day for all of you.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Catching up with the thread through yesterday:

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki
As far as holiday weight gain goes, it seems to me that the holiday and vacation pounds are easy to put on, but relatively easy to take off, as Mern, MH and April have already demonstrated. I am confident that Quinn, CJ and all the rest of us will follow suit soon. After all, that's why we all stick together isn't it?

Lots of red, I'm afraid to say, but I don't think I really over did it. Like many of you have commented too much sugar, fat, and just plain over indulgence makes me feel so yucky. And I really don't feel too bad today so using my body as a guide, I'm thinking that I am probably OK..
Pam, so glad you enjoyed your visits with your sister, and DH's friend and son. The guys were "..out slaying trout..." Great attitude about the holiday eating. And yup, sticking together is what makes us such a great, supportive group and keeps us motivated as individuals.

mhibdon, you applied with the Triathalon Company? If so, congrats and I'm sure they'd be glad to have someone with your motivation and experience.

Darlene, I, too, am hoping the shock to my system (finally being back on track again and then the scale whoosh of letting go of, in the end, 2 lbs. of water retention) will help keep my scale numbers moving downward. Wow, you really have lost a lot of weight since Jan. 2008 and are so close to goal! Maybe by the time you get there your blood pressure will be a bit better, too, and maybe your doc will then agree to put you on a lower dose of high blood pressure meds. But, as my own doctor said, some people's health issues are more hereditary than from lifestyle, so not everyone can go without meds. I have glaucoma and have to use eye drops for that--no dietary or lifestyle changes that apply. That's absolutely fantastic that your DH is willing to make some food changes. My DH won't log his food, either, but he made enough changes that he learned his new healthier food lifestyle, so can get by without logging. I can certainly attest to his being on board with a healthier diet helping me as well.

Tori, I hope your thyroid meds wind up to have been at the correct level for your requirements. Hope you had fun at your new year celebration. Sorry cuter-nicer-havebeenflirtingwith-guy wasn't in the mix.

Cassie, congrats on your 40 minute walk with DH yesterday. I have no doubt you'll soon be back to your normal level of activity. Hey, I see you DID IT--went to the party, avoided the cookies, had a wonderful weekend goal report! Congratulations on a job well done!

Mike, 3 hours washing the driveway is "count-it-as exercise" worthy! LOL on your reply to Cassie. I think I'll use that excuse next time my kitchen floor needs washing: "I'll probably mess it up."

Last edited by Mern; 01-01-2012 at 07:00 AM.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:22 AM
FitDay Member

Mern--he actually did show. So I wound up staying there through the night and not hitting up the smaller quieter gathering. My friend, host of the second place, understood LOL! I managed to have quite the good time, and not worry about "He's-so-not-worthy-of-me".
Old 01-01-2012, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Darlene, yeah, counting my blessings also helps keep away a sour puss attitude over things that really annoy me. Congrats on having two great kids who allow you to be their designated driver! Nice goals for Monday!

Tori, so glad you had a fun New Year celebration and kudos on having a designated driver. I caught your post about cuter-nicer-havebeenflirtingwith-guy being at the first party. Oh, no, was it a kiss shared with HIM that you don't remember? LOL If so, wishing future kisses that you WILL remember. I also see you didn't go to the quieter celebration at your friend's--glad the friend understood.

Cassie, I chuckled aloud over the boy singing "I'm Sexy and I Know It" when coming out of the anesthesia. LOL Again, kudos on your restraint on the party goodies!

OK, today is my scheduled day off exercise. My grandkids are gone now so I'm going to go straighten the kitchen and then watch TV. DH is warming leftovers for his dinner, so for my own dinner I'll cook myself some of the Swai fish (Vietnamese white fish) that he doesn't like. That and some green beans will give me a really nice report for tomorrow--already have my evening snack logged. Hope I keep strong so I can report an all green day for the first day of the year.

Last edited by Mern; 01-01-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.